The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Jedi+armor
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Official Rules -> Jedi+armor Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kehlin Yew
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2005 8:11 pm    Post subject: Jedi+armor Reply with quote

If a jedi was wearing stormtrooper armor, would he/she be able to disreguard the dex penalty?
Jamfke
Admiral
Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2005 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Perhaps if they used enhanced reflexes or something?
Kehlin Yew
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2005 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

but then would you give them MAPs?
Argamoth
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2005 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, it takes getting used to the armor to ignore the penalty. Enhance attribute may null it for a few rounds, but they shouldn't be able to ignore it untill they've worn it as long as a vertran.
Kehlin Yew
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2005 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ahh ok, i see...
garhkal
Sovereign Protector
Sovereign Protector

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2005 1:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trying to remember the book it was in, but there were rules for buying off dex penalties. Costs both cp and credits. I think it was 3cp per pip +1 per die. So 1d would be 3 pips at 3, plus 1 for a total of 4 per pip.. And i think it was 100 credits per cp spent. One pip buy off per month (in game time).
Phalanks Balas
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2005 5:24 am    Post subject: Re: Jedi+armor Reply with quote

Kehlin Yew wrote:
If a jedi was wearing stormtrooper armor, would he/she be able to disreguard the dex penalty?

No. The only way to proceed is to modify the armor to suit perfectly with the body of the owner.
Remember that the dext penality is to balance with best protection.
The general rules are :
- no armor to have the best agility possible in order to dodge.
- best armor to don't have to dodge. Other side of wearing armor is encumbrance... The more you are protected the more you are encumbred too.

Anyway the best way is to not been aimed by enemies.

A day you will be facing the guns of the Black Pearl. You will know what means damned pirates !
Darth_Kjeran
Sub-Lieutenant
Sub-Lieutenant

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2005 4:17 am    Post subject: Re: Jedi+armor Reply with quote

Chello!

Phalanks Balas wrote:
The only way to proceed is to modify the armor to suit perfectly with the body of the owner.

Hmmmmm...that's got me thinking. In Clone Wars/Rise of the Empire could we assume then that clone troopers' armor has no DEX penalty associated with it? Since all clones are Jango, then they should be able to mass produce the exact armor for each clone.

Tony
Phalanks Balas
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2005 5:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you concider that all clones are strictly identical, the clone armor had been design to suit perferctly Jango and all clone have trained harder with the armor. I would say YES.

Remember clone means same genotype (twins are natural clones), not exaclty same body. Now it's true that in SW all clones seems physically identical.

A day you will be facing the guns of the Black Pearl. You will know what means damned pirates !
Soniv
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2005 8:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

But barring any developmental circumstances, Phalanks, the same genotype does mean the same body, as the genotype regulates development.

Now, while twins are clones, they usually have radically different life experiences, and thus have bodily differences (scars, blemishes, etc.) because of this. A clone-vat clone, however, has almost the exact same experiences as any other clone in the vat, and can thus be argued to have a similar enough body for suitable mass production.

Thus, the clonetroopers (even though I deny their existence) would be able to fit into any suit of armor made for them without penalties, as their bodies would be identical. Essentially, I'm agreeing with you in a much longer explanation.
Kehlin Yew
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2005 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you aren't a clone trooper, how would you personally customize your armor to get the best protection, and the best agility.
Endwyn
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2005 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The same way you customize anything else, pay big $$ for a custom fitting and purchase.

If you know enough about armor, and it is adjustable you can eventually make most of the adjustments yourself.

I'm not sure what your hobbies are, but I'm into backpacking. Some backpacks (the high end ones) are custom fit at purchase. An expert measures you and makes adjustments to the pack for you. Other packs, most packs, you just buy them and you have to make adjustments yourself. Most come with a guide to help you make adjustments, but most of the adjustments you make are done through trial and error. You set it up, hike, make adjustments, and evaluate. Through more trial and error you eventually get it where you want it. After more experience you become really good at being able to make the adjustments really close to a custom fit on the first try. That kind of abilty only comes from really knowing, understanding, and having felt what eachh measurement does and is like when adjusted correctly and incorrectly. (I once hiked 15 miles knowing something was wrong, that the pack was adjusted incorrectly. I tried to find it, but couldn't. Only after finishing the hike did I see the problem, one I knew how to fix but only now know how to spot...I won't forget how it feels...like metal driving into your back.)
KageRyu
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2005 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kehlin Yew wrote:
If you aren't a clone trooper, how would you personally customize your armor to get the best protection, and the best agility.

By spending CP an either making Armor Repair rolls, or paying a proffesional. The cost to increase protection is the same as it would cost to increse a skill, same for buying off DEX penalties. If protection is increased, the DEX penalties must be bought of anew.
Phalanks Balas
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2005 4:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

To answer the original question : Can a jedi disregard the dext penality of an armor ?
YES if s/he spends CP and modify the armor else NO.

Volar the Healer
Jedi

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2005 10:01 pm    Post subject: Re: Jedi+armor Reply with quote

Kehlin Yew wrote:

No more than any other character could, and by the same means any other character could.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Official Rules All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: