The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Different Damage
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> House Rules -> Different Damage Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KageRyu
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2005 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I posted some optional rules a while ago to allow characters with Higher Strength withstand more wounds. Orriginally it was based of my experience with the Silouhette system by Dream Pod 9, but I have since learned the new D6 system uses similar rules. My orriginal post on expanded wounds and concepts can be viewed here if interested:
http://www.rancorpit.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=734
Endwyn
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2005 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dream Pod 9 is a fun system, but man......your PC's mess up alot....or at least mine never rolled well when things could be at their funniest. There was one time a massive failure caused the fun to end. But the game was beyond great, and the system was cool.
KageRyu
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2005 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

True, it was a very fun system. I never had a major problem with my PCs failing a lot in it though. My one biggest concern with DP9, and hence why I do not play it very often, was that you had to be a mathmatician to use the construction rules (Cubed root of X logged to base 10 +b^2...)

But I always liked their Damage system, which reminded me of the wound system in Star Wars in so many ways.
Endwyn
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2005 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I never had to go through that mess. My friend has a character generator. If I remember correctly he wrote it himself. (It's been a while, but I think he did.)

He did show me the creation rules and I have to agree, the math needed to make a character is bad. On a positive side, at least you don't have to plan a character out to 20th level and calculate how to maintain maximum character potential across all levles, and know your target level - and realize all your work is only to maximize the efficency at that level.
KageRyu
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2005 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Endwyn wrote:
He did show me the creation rules and I have to agree, the math needed to make a character is bad...

Hehe, I was talking about the math for building vehicles, ships, weapons. Compared to those, building a character was childsplay. And me, I hate not being able to design my own stuff, so it was a constant headache. Wink
Endwyn
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2005 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, well mostly we only built mech's. We were playing in a game where the battletech style stuff was a sporting event. But he had a program that did the math behind building those for us too. That program I believe he found.
garhkal
Sovereign Protector
Sovereign Protector

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2005 4:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I might use that rule, but the PC must spend CPs to earn those extra wounds. It would be a nice addition for 'epic' level games.

Kind of like how white wolf has merits and flaws, and one of those merits is Huge size, that grants an additional health level...

What would you rank the cp cost at?

AND when would they be able to buy it?
Argamoth
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2005 10:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd say they have to have around 8D in stamina. 20CP for a 'free' wound, 15 for a stun. Additional wounds and stuns increase the price by 10 or 5cp. Not sure about training, though.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> House Rules All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: