The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

[Rebel Uprisings] IC
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> PbP Inactive Games Overview -> [Rebel Uprisings] IC Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 256, 257, 258  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jamfke
Admiral
Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2005 7:47 pm    Post subject: [Rebel Uprisings] IC-Rebel Uprisings Reply with quote

A cloak of darkness is enshrouding the galaxy. Once Chancellor, now Emperor Palpatine is quickly closing his grip on the Old Republic. Never again will the universe be the same.

Several senators tried to block Palpatine's rise to power. Those signing the petition of the Delegation of 2,000 were essentially signing their own death warrants and those of the systems they represented. Kashyyyk, Goroth, and others, all enslaved by the Imperial machine.

Still, there are some that have feigned compliance to 'His Majesty's' will, but secretly support small bands of resistance fighters who oppose the Emperor's might. One such band we find barrelling through space, running for their lives from an Imperial ambush.

It was supposed to be a simple mission. Go to the Kolanis system, maneuver to the specified coordinates, and off-load the containers of tibanna gas. Simple. The crew could have gotten back to base and well into a stimulating game of sabacc within six hours, seven tops.

Then, everything came unglued. Two Victory class star destroyers dropped out of hyperspace and effectively closed off our heroes' best escape vector. Then they dropped wave after wave of the Empire's new T.I.E. fighters. Fast and agile little ships, easy to destroy, but hard to hit.

The Ghtroc 720 pitches and rolls as another flight of T.I.E.s rakes at her shields. They complete their run and clear the path for the next wave.

Last edited by Jamfke on Thu Aug 09, 2007 6:00 pm; edited 3 times in total
Gry Sarth
Jedi

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2005 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Toba flicks on the ship's internal comm channel from the system's bay, and speaks out in an irritatingly matter-of-fact tone:

"I understand we are all having a specially bad day, captain, but if you take a moment to notice the pretty red blinking light to your left, you'll see that our shields won't hold the next wave of attack. Evaporating into a cloud of ionized carbon particles is not sounding like a bad idea right now, but if YOU would like to avoid this fate, now is the time for one of those clever ideas."
netjedi
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2005 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

From the co-pilots seat Cyn exhales the smoke form his tabac stick and looks over to the pilot's seat. In a very arrogant tone he states. "Well, what's your call... Captain"

Wanted Poster
Orgaloth
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2005 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looking out at the TIE's and occassionally squeezing the trigger for the turbo laser, Qassar contemplates his next move.

"Toba, I need you to keep those sheilds up! I'm going to try and punch us out of here. Cyn, make yourself useful. Either get in the turrent, or find us a decent hyperspace route."

With that Qassar pushes the Dream hard, attempting his best to avoid the TIEs as well as shooting them down.

"You know, sometimes I amaze even myself."
Du Cass' Dream
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
jmanski
Arbiter-General (Moderator)

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2005 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"I'm ready" Org Tanal checks in from the gun well as he straps in. Org has a sneer on his face- he is ready to kill.
netjedi
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2005 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cyn maneuvers himself infront of the navi-computer and starts to look for a possible vector out of here.

Wanted Poster
jmanski

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2005 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Org opens fire on TIE fighters.
Orgaloth
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2005 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Releaseing the controlls of the turrent to Org, Qassar switches over to the Ion cannon.
"Nice of you to join us Org. Now blast some of those TIEs so I can get us out of here!"

Du Cass' Dream
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Gry Sarth
Jedi

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2005 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Oh, the entire team working together to preserve our meaningless lives... isn't it ghastly."

Toba continues to work on the shield's motivators, trying to keep the power from surging.

"On the whole life-preserving issue, I think it's relevant to remind my fellow tin-can travelers that our current cargo is HIGHLY explosive!"
jmanski

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2005 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"You just keep this tin can together"

Org continues blasting at the TIEs.
netjedi
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2005 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cyn looks over to Qassar "We might be able to use that to our advantage. If we release the cargo in front of a flight of TIE's it might be enough to take out a few of those rust buckets." (thinks to himself that Toba might be useful after all)

Wanted Poster
Orgaloth
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2005 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"That's why I want the sheilds to stay UP!"

Du Cass' Dream
Jamfke
Admiral
Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2005 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Dream jinks and rolls deftly at Qassar's command. He tracks a TIE and lets loose with the cannon, the little ship bobs and seems to magically disappear from his scope as it avoids his blast.

Org cycles quickly through the quad's initiation sequence. The targeting computer comes alive with the glow of numerous bogeys. He jams the rotation control hard to port as he tracks his first bird. The quad belches energy and finds empty space as the swift TIE rolls away from the blast.

Cyn stares into the viewscreen on the nav computer. The destroyers don't create too much of a shadow, but almost enough to keep them from jumping anytime soon. He chews on the tabac stick as he punches in several projections, then bares his fangs in a grin that would send chills through the bravest of troopers if they could see him now. It's a long shot, but if Qassar can make it past the destroyer farthest from the systems only planetoid, he thinks they could just punch to hyper and get back in time for supper!

Toba grimaces at the shield generator. He'd just serviced the stang thing before they left the base! Now they go and blow a capacitor! He sighs then grabs his toolkit and sets to work.
netjedi
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2005 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cyn to Qassar
"If you are skilled enough, I have an exit vector. Come about to 35 mark 7 and make your way past the Star Destoyer, I have the coordinates set."

Wanted Poster
jmanski

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2005 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Man those things are fast, Org thinks. He carefully targets his next prey and fires.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> PbP Inactive Games Overview All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 256, 257, 258  Next
Page 1 of 258

Jump to: