The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Window Wallpaper
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Artwork -> Window Wallpaper Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Volar the Healer
Jedi

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2004 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Son of Fire wrote:
I actually will be addressing issues with Stromtroopers in an essay I will post later. Razz

I was kind of looking forward to this. Did it ever happen?
Hellstorm
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2004 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Volar the Healer wrote:
Son of Fire wrote:
They would need some powerful explosives to take out walkers.

One of the lines I remember from the campaign came over a ham radio from Texas. It was "Nukes seem to work."

I'd think 200 pounds of C4 would do the trick too Laughing

Peter Griffin: "Embrace The Fear." -Family Guy
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Volar the Healer
Jedi

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2004 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hellstorm wrote:

I'd think 200 pounds of C4 would do the trick too Laughing

You might well be right. But do you want to place it on the AT-AT in the middle of a battle?
Ray
Commodore
Commodore

Location: Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada, North America, Western Hemisphere, Earth, Sol, Western Arm, Milky Way

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2004 8:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

From last night: "OK, we have a plan. We'll sneak into the heavily guraded and patrolled Imperial Field Base, put a Kilogram of Thermite on the Wheels of the Juggernaughts and the Ankles of the AT-ATs. Then we'll set it off, and use the Armoured Limo as a quick getaway vechicle."
Hellcat
Grand Moff
Grand Moff

PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2004 11:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Crell Damar wrote:
leave it to americans to start lobbing nukes at invaders...

True. For me the reall scary thing with nukes came in my senior year in high school, and I graduated from high school in '95. One day that spring a bunch of us were talking during a free period and somehow the conversation got around to dropping Little Boy on Hiroshima. One of our classmates said that we should have nuked them off the face of the planet not back during the war but that year. He went on to say we shouldn't stop at them, rather nuke everyone we'd ever fought off the planet. And the scary thing was that he was serious and the kind of person who at the time would have done so if allowed to.

As for how we'd do against someone like the Empire, not really sure. Though I think with some of the tech their developing now, our odds would be a lot better than some of us might expect.

Wanted Poster
Froy The Orc
Cadet
Cadet

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2004 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I personally think if the Earth populance became to much of a problem, the Empire would just eradicate the life forms, then move in and set up shop afterwards. The problem they will have is there are no new subjects to rule with a iron fist.

Froy
Volar the Healer
Jedi

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2004 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Froy The Orc wrote:
I personally think if the Earth populance became to much of a problem, the Empire would just eradicate the life forms, then move in and set up shop afterwards...

Well, it would be tough to make a good role playing game out of THAT, wouldn't it?
Loc Taal
Grand Master (Founder / Admin Emeritus)

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2004 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Froy The Orc wrote:
I personally think if the Earth populance became to much of a problem, the Empire would just eradicate the life forms, then move in and set up shop afterwards. The problem they will have is there are no new subjects to rule with a iron fist.

Depends what you mean by "eradicate the life forms". It seems like the Empire has two basic modes of operation: just blow up the entire planet, or send in massive amounts of troops to subjugate the inhabitants.

The original RANCOR PIT archive
Rahl Jynco
Sub-Lieutenant
Sub-Lieutenant

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2005 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know if you guys have seen this site but its got some great Firearm stats, 9mm, .45 cal, M16 ect. It even has sniper rifles and miniguns. We used it in a similar campain, sort of a "What IF" campain we like to play once in a while to mix things up. Nothing like saying, "Hey what if?", and making a fresh new PC to thrash around. In ours we were in Hawaii at the time, making it pretty much imposible to escape after the Imperials had destroyed the airports and military bases. Nough about our game, hope the link works for ya'll.

I deal with temptation by giving in...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Artwork All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: