The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Another Campaign I would like to run
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Adventures and Campaigns -> Another Campaign I would like to run Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
roguesquad
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2005 11:51 pm    Post subject: Another Campaign I would like to run Reply with quote

Another Satr Wars campaign I woud like to run is the idea of a squadron based game. Where the entire group are pilots. My idea isn't to play the top guns of the Republic Navy, but rather to play some of the left overs of the fleet. Literally scavenging ships from what parts there are.

The home base for the group would be some large transport ship, and they woul be the pilots, that other Captains didn't pick. These pilots would be the Imperial traitors that went AWOL from the Empire, and joined the Rebels, but aren't trustworthy enough to be given a ship yet. Another could be a Rebel who has been disciplined once, (even ten) times too many, and have found themselves off pilot duty. How about a reluctant commander who doesn't want to take on team leader for a bunch of wash outs, but has no choice if they want to get back up to rank?

Ideas I am looking for, are what positions would be needed in NPC's on the homebase ship? I'll need a mechanic or two, certainly a frieghter pilot, Rebel Contact who works with crew to get missions?

What support crew is needed? A chef? Canteen officer?
Ray
Commodore
Commodore

Location: Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada, North America, Western Hemisphere, Earth, Sol, Western Arm, Milky Way

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2005 2:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quartermaster (Whose probably on the same ****list the rest of the crew is). Sickberth attendant (Probably a Corpsman, they wouldn't rate a full surgeon). No Chef, on a ship that small, it'd be Autochef Surprise for breakfast, lunch and dinner. The Rebel Contact would probably be the "Captain" of the Converted Carrier.

And, for a suggestion for the ship: http://deckplans.00sf.com/Ghtroc/Ghtroc_Cargo_Empress.html

Seems perfect for a small squadron of "Expendables".
Boomer
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2005 3:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Damn, ya see an Empress used in every other campaign, they ARE a succesful company... sort of. If you overlook the fact they no longer exist.

But yeah a fighter smuggling transport, carries just a squadron or two. And give them the worst jobs on the worst parts of the galaxy... like humanitarian missions.
to finance my 'vette!
roguesquad
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2005 9:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've never seen or used a Cargo empress until a relatively recent adventure I am running where the science based crew has been donated a brand new Cargo Empress refitted for exploration. It's based on the Old Republic, and it fits in. (First time I have seen it used, maybe it's different for others)

Another ship I thought might be good for a mobile hanger, and doesn't need a large crew was the Mobquet Medium Cargo Hauler.
http://gnn.gates-of-shadows.de/gnndata/transports/mquetmch.htm

I like the idea of the crew being sent on valuable missions out of desperation, and missions no one else will do, since the "real" squadrons are already in missions that are considered priorities
Ray
Commodore
Commodore

Location: Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada, North America, Western Hemisphere, Earth, Sol, Western Arm, Milky Way

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2005 10:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Boomer wrote:
But yeah a fighter smuggling transport, carries just a squadron or two. And give them the worst jobs on the worst parts of the galaxy... like humanitarian missions.

"We come in peace. SHOOT TO KILL!"
netjedi
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2005 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Roguesquad,
another easy mobile fighter platform is any of the Action transports from Corellian Engineering. large boxes with large floors. easy to cut out a window and set up a magnetic field for ships to pass through. Bulk Freighters do not require a large crew either, they are mostly cargo hold.

Wanted Poster
Jedi Skyler
Moff
Moff

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2005 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Plus, depending on the time frame, the Corellian Corvette could be converted quite nicely. Wraith Squadron removed two escape pods off the outside and converted their docking points into holders for TIE fighters... then they jury-rigged racks inside the cargo hold and made for just about a complete squadron's worth of X-Wings... I believe they were one or two ships short, so the design worked out nicely. There's always a way for people with ingenuity...

And, this squadron would likely be very much like Wraith Squadron, only worse off. They were all practically washed out due to various problems- attitude, performance, clashes with higher ranking officers, you name it. You can also choose your pilots as people who are primarily pilots, with other valuable skills, or people who are primarily trained in certain skills, who just happen to have piloting skills as well. There's a lot you could do with this; use your imagination!
Lord Aramus
Sub-Lieutenant
Sub-Lieutenant

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2005 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I experimented a while ago with the idea of making an imperial carrier out of a corellian corvette. I named it after the ship from the Darkstryder campaign.
Volar the Healer
Jedi

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2005 9:55 am    Post subject: Re: Another Campaign I would like to run Reply with quote

roguesquad wrote:
Another Star Wars campaign I woud like to run is the idea of a squadron based game...scavenging ships from what parts there are.

Cool. The Rebels should be short of everything except enemies.

roguesquad wrote:
The home base for the group would be some large transport ship...What support crew is needed?

I would suggest you watch some old WWII aircraft carrier movies. They may have the info you're looking for. Or, do you know any US Navy types? they may know.
Volar the Healer
Jedi

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2005 9:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lord Aramus, I thought the idea of turning a corvette into a carrier too desperate for the Imperials. It, somehow, sounds more like a Rebel jury-rig. But that image is just TOO cool. If I sent you some drawings I've done could you turn them into 3D computer images like that? You are way beyond my skill in computer graphics.
Jedi Skyler
Moff
Moff

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2005 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Granted, a move like that would normally be beneath the Empire... But if you go to an Imperial-controlled world on the Rim, with little contact with the Empire, the local govt. would have to make do with what was on hand. They'd have to beg, borrow, or requisition to make sure they had good ships. If they had the TIEs to put on it, a Corellian Corvette is a very common and easily obtainable ship. The Empire was using them as well as the Rebellion, so it wouldn't be unheard of. Throw in someone with enough Starship Repair dice and the facilities to affect the mods, and you've got one killer carrier!

And those graphics are sweet, dude!
Lord Aramus
Sub-Lieutenant
Sub-Lieutenant

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2005 1:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

this ship was actually intended for a visual reference for my own Darkstryder campaign. It would have belonged to Moff Sarne.

As to the graphics, thanks Very Happy

and as to the projects.. I might consider it, but I have alot of stuff to finish up first..

I appreciate your faith in me though Volar Very Happy
Jedi Skyler
Moff
Moff

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2005 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, but whatever you were using it for, it looks really slick. You definitely put a good amount of time into it. I'm sure your players really appreciate the level of commitment you obviously have to them.
Lord Aramus
Sub-Lieutenant
Sub-Lieutenant

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2005 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah... too bad I don't currently have a starwars group Sad
roguesquad
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2005 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Play the play by post games. It gives you a nice mix of games, and ideas to try out.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Adventures and Campaigns All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: