The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

D20 STAR WARS RPG dying?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Star Wars Games -> D20 STAR WARS RPG dying? Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jedi Skyler
Moff
Moff

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2005 9:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Endwyn wrote:
Sadly it'd less about the law and more about who can afford the better lawyers. There are so many laws still on the books that no longer apply / are actualy used / enforced.

You got that right! There's a law in a small town around here that actually prohibits monsters from entering the city limits. MONSTERS!!!! How ridiculous!
Boomer
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2005 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well how else do you expect them to stop random encounters to happen in town so the people can get some rest for the evening after a long day of killing level 5 attack bunnies and Troglodytes.

Watch out for the very tip of the north peninsula near that town, it is swarming with ice wolves.
to finance my 'vette!
Jedi Skyler
Moff
Moff

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2005 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nah, the ice wolves were destroyed last year by rabid lemmings...
KageRyu
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2005 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What?! D20 WotC Star Wars is dead?! What a shame. I hate it when such a gem of the Role Playing community and such a well thought out, well written, exceptionally crafted, and visually pleasing games comes to a bitter end. Why?! Dear world, Why?! It was perhaps the best of all games. I shall shed many a tear for it this night. Sad

Oh... sorry, dark side moment. Twisted Evil
hehe.
Volar the Healer
Jedi

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2005 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For those of you looking for 25mm miniatures to compliment your WEG collection, here is an excellent source:

http://www.gtns.co.uk/store1/downloads/full-catalogue.pdf

This line includes numerous types of troops (make good planetary forces) as well as all manner of civilians and vehicles. Ground Zero games is available from other retailers.

I have several squads of these and intend to collect more.
Vartax
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2005 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The books are there to be used. Yes, it true that they are a resource, just like your imagination is a resource, but recently in a game i'm playing in, the question of which books we are using as the standard came up. Which set of rules is a frustrating question. Let me just say this, I use the books as a standard, not as my place for game ideas. Without the books Every ship would have 5 slots for weapons that did 8d damamge. Light sabers would be found every where, and anything else that is made or used needs to be balanced for the game you are running/playing.
boldulyses
Ensign
Ensign

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2005 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't read all the posts yet
I think this is about how Skyler and I met :p

I have seen other places wherein WotC is giving up on Star Wars. They gave up on their online Living Force Campaign, and I don't see any new books on the horizon. Hell, even the SWRPG pages they have don't get updated but rarely. The Jedi Counseling articles, where they clarify the rules and give you more silliness to think about, are about the only thing that gets updated, and they're becoming so miniatures heavy it's almost pointless to ask them a D20 question. I've sent them several questions in the past few months and I've heard nothing. It's really a pain.

Having said that, I must also agree that the D20 books are lacking the depth of information that WEG supplied. In truth, I'm one of those guys who collects the books because of the information. I also want to be a rather popular writer some day and I feel that this excess of information is necessary to make it "believable". I want to be able to talk about blue milk and why it's better than Alderaanian goat's milk (just an example, not researched).

The WotC books, while... hmm... what's the word I'm looking for... "adequate" for the purposes of the D20 game, I love more books like the Arms & Equipment Guide that just updates stuff from Galladinium's and Gundark's Tech books. The planet guides are great fun, too, but they lack more the information I'm looking for. Check out the Planets Collection set, specifically the Elrood Sector. They cover important aspects of the systems mentioned within. Elrood has its Moon Days, Coyn with their Ent'ra'sol (I know that's spelt wrong), even an insignificant system with no life where the Empire has established a listening post.

That's the kind of information that I enjoy most: the stuff that seems simplistic and unnecessary to a "gamer", but I don't think of myself as a "gamer", I'm a "role player". That's a discussion I've had with friends for years. Sure, rolling dice and hitting stuff is fun, but isn't the whole point actually feeling like you're part of the world?

WotC cares more about putting out that kind of material for D&D, which is part of why I've collected a number of their books. I'm horribly behind, but I don't have the kind of cash or bookshelves to put them anywhere.

Simply put, though I'm a WotC Sith Lord, I wanna be at least a WEG Padawan Smile
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Robert
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2005 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
but isn't the whole point actually feeling like you're part of the world?

Yap.
Gry Sarth
Jedi

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2005 12:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Come forth, young Boldulyses. You have traveled a dark path in your past, but you have been shown the way to the light. And so you stand before us now, stripped of your Siths of the Coast robes, humbled and ready to start on the enlighting path of the Cube of Destiny (also known as D6).

Kneel down, young Boldulyses. I hereby make you a Padawan of the West End Jedi.

May the Wild Cube of Destiny be with you, always as a 6.
boldulyses
Ensign
Ensign

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2005 5:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does this mean we get to topple the evil empire? Or can we just let it stagnate and die like so many other empires before it?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Gry Sarth
Jedi

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2005 8:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah... I don't think this Empire needs much killing... it's already stagnated, and soon it will crumble.
Jedi Skyler
Moff
Moff

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2005 8:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's never any fun to simply allow it to topple... Of course we'll have a hand or five in its destruction!

Welcome aboard, young Padawan!
Ejacobs
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2005 8:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, but what fills the void after the Empire has tumbled? Surely misinformation is better than no information. We must ensure that Star Wars lives on and that D6 is the pacemaker that keeps its heart beating.

Long live the D6! Long live Star Wars! Long live Star Wars D6!

E
Gry Sarth
Jedi

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2005 8:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, if you look at the amount of fan-made books being produced here this very instant, you'll see we are indeed keeping the Star Wars D6's heartbeat beating at a brisky pace.

Hail the Wild Cube of Destiny!
Ejacobs
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2005 8:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes! Hail the Wild Cube of Destiny!... Now if only I could convince my GM to allow Wild Dice in his games. He seems very old fashioned not allowing it. I must attempt to sway him more.

E
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Star Wars Games All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 3 of 6

Jump to: