The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

My favorite equipment
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Ships, Vehicles, Equipment, and Tech -> My favorite equipment
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gollummen
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2005 7:25 pm    Post subject: My favorite equipment Reply with quote

Just wanted to show you the favorite homemade equipment that I have made for my gaming sessions:

Blast arm and leg guards
These arm and leg guards are, like the blast vest and the blast helmet, good for protection against physical attacks, but give little protection against blaster bolts.
· Blast arm and leg guards
Model: Typical arm and leg guards
Type: Personal armour
Scale: Character
Cost: 100
Availability: 1
Game notes: +1D physical, +1 energy (arms and legs)

Blast shield
A blast shield is a large transparent shield made from plasteel or other hard material. They are mostly used by police force in riot controls, in the gladiator fights on Loovria and by alien races preferring close combat. The shield gives a fair protection but is rather unhandy.
· Blast shield
Model: Typical blast shield
Type: Shield
Cost: 50
Availability: 2
Game notes: Adds +1D when used to melee or brawling parry. The blast shield provides ˝ cover for normal size characters.

Rigid blast vest
Reinforced version of the blast vest. The protective materials are a bit heavy to wear and rather unhandy.
· Blast vest
Model: Rigid Blast Vest
Type: Personal armour
Cost: 375
Availability: 1
Game notes: +1D+1 physical, +2 energy, -1 to all dexterity attribute, and skill checks.

Pulse reader
A pulse reader is a device you put on the wrist. The pulse reader constantly ”reads” the wearers pulse. A pulse reader comes in two versions: a demolition pulse reader and a comlink pulse reader. The demolition version can be attacked to any form of explosive, including grenades, and if wearers pulse stops the explosive will be armed.
The comlink pulse reader contains a small comlink, and if the wearers pulse stops the comlink will send out a beeping sound on any pre-set frequency. The comlinks range is 50 km.
· Pulse reader
Model: Safeguard Pulse reader
Type: Pulse reader
Cost: 50
Availability: 2,X / 2 (demolition/comlink)

Security bracelet
Security bracelets are bracelets worn mostly by law enforcers, although it is possible to buy it in larger cities. The bracelet comes with a small security device containing a little radio signal transceiver, which should be placed within a blaster or other handgun. The bracelet sends out radio signals in an area of about 1 meter, and the trigger of the handgun can only be pulled if the security device in the weapon receives this signal.
Removing the bracelet from the arm is only possible after pushing its four symbol buttons in the right order.
· Security bracelet
Model: Verpine inc.Securety bracelet
Type: Security bracelet
Cost: 25
Availability: 2
Game notes: The security device requires a moderate technical roll to install, and remove from a weapon.

Devastator blaster rifle
The devastator blaster rifle was first produced to meet the need for heavy firepower at close range. The weapon has been sold to local governments throughout the galaxy, but piracy and the black market have made the rifle more common among smugglers and other criminals. The rifle has increased fire rate at expense of precision and ammo.
· Devastator blaster rifle
Model: Thundergear 09/Devastor blaster rifle
Type: Blaster rifle
Skill: Blaster: blaster rifle
Ammo: 30
Cost: 1,750 (power packs: 25)
Availability: 2,X
Range: 3-7/25/50
Damage: 5D
Game notes: At medium/long range, difficulty is increased by +5/+10. Firing the rifle twice, only counts as one action.

Heavy repeating slugthrower
The heavy repeating slugthrower is an extremely heavy and fast firing repeating slugthrower. The size and weight of the weapon makes it very difficult to use unless you possesses extreme strength (at least 3D+2), and even then you could have problems. The rifle suffers from all the disadvantages of projectile weapons: ineffectiveness against modern armour, no stun effect and a tendency to run out of ammo quickly.
Heavy repeating slugthrower
Model: Heavy repeating slugthrower
Type: Slugthrower rifle
Skill: Firearms: Slugthrower rifle
Ammo: Belt
Cost: 1,700 (bullets: 0,5 credit each)
Availability: 2 or 3, X
Range: 3-12/35/70
Damage: 3D (-1D when used on targets with body armour)
Game notes: When using the rifle roll 2D twice (without wild die) and subtract the highest result from the remaining ammo. If you have hit your target, the lowest result is the number of times the target is hit, and each hit must be worked out separately. If you roll double one (1,1) on any of the 2D the rifle jams and will not fire until fixed with one round of work, and a moderate technical roll.

Sniper rifle
Drewland.inc is known for its precise weapons, and the sniper rifle is no exception. Build for extreme range ”one shot kills”, the rifle lacks the speed needed for combat in close quarters.
Drewland sniper rifle
Model: Drewland ”long range” sniper rifle
Type: Sniper rifle
Skill: Blaster: blaster rifle
Ammo: 15
Cost: 1,800 (power packs: 25)
Availability: 2,X
Fire Rate: 1/2
Range: 3-40/175/400
Damage: 6D
Game notes: The sniper comes with a blaster scope with following effect: If the user is in a ”sniper” type of position, requiring a steady resting spot and at least one round of preparation, the scope will provide a +3D bonus to all medium and long range shots.

Just wanted to share Wink
All stats 2D, except: brawling parry: versus boxing 2D+2, melee combat: swords 3D, melee parry: swords 2D+2, languages: english 2D+1, scolar: history 3D, scolar: social studies 2D+1, brawling: boxing 2D+2, computer programming/repair 2D+1.
Boomer
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2005 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like them all. I have used similar items in some games.
to finance my 'vette!
Ray
Commodore
Commodore

Location: Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada, North America, Western Hemisphere, Earth, Sol, Western Arm, Milky Way

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2005 2:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Crunch had a *VERY* heavy shield made from the hood of a Speedercar. 3D Speeder Scale.

He was one of the few boarders strong enough to carry it.
K_Feldspar
Sub-Lieutenant
Sub-Lieutenant

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2005 12:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmmm, I forget the stats for this weapon, but I'll try to describe it. My GM actually took the idea for this from another sci fi book. I forget which. Anyways it was this huge slug-throwing gattling gun. It fit nicely in a heavy suitcase. It took one round to 'spin up.' As I recall it made an awesome whirring noise. Not that we actually heard it. Wink I believe it also had a very high fire control representing how many bullets we could pump into a target in a round. The weapon was so kewl it had a name. It was called 'Reason.' Well, if they won't listen to the captain, maybe they'll listen to Reason. Twisted Evil
Ray
Commodore
Commodore

Location: Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada, North America, Western Hemisphere, Earth, Sol, Western Arm, Milky Way

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2005 1:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reason is from the novel "Snow Crash".

Also had a guy that drove around with an atomic bomb in the sidecar of his bike, wired to his heart. He died, it went off. Convinced folks not to mess with him.
entropy
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2005 10:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I took reason from Snow Crash, but turned it into a gauss-cannon (projectile weapon, accellerated by a series of electromagnetic rings along the barrel). I used it more as a plot device than anything else. The whole storyline was about a planet that had engineered high-energy projectile weapons that could penetrate conventional armor with ease. The line "perforated stormtroopers" came up a number of times.

I don't remember the exact stats for reason, I believe it was similar in damage to a light repeater but with slightly better range. It had 2D fire control, maximum 5 shots per round, and required one round for the barrel to "spin up" before it could be fired. You could not take a round to aim with it. Ammo was a material unique to this planet, both denser and harder than durasteel. It started with 50 or 60 kilos and fired 0.2 kilos per "shot" (one kilo per round full-auto). They were off planet the first adventure, and were therefore unable to reload it. I don't think I ever bothered to decide how many bullets were in a "shot."

The real benefit to the weapon was that it ignored half of the targets armor rating for character scale targets, and did speeder scale damage to anything larger than that. This was a prototype that represented the pinnacle of this planet's technology. Of course the Empire quickly became aware of the weapons this planet produced, and caused no end of trouble for the party. They basically had the firepower to cut through anything they wanted, but had to conserve resources and decide when to use it. Plus, it was really heavy.
Skaff Toxian
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2005 10:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like a real killer!

Cool equipment gollummen. Will use it in my campaigns!
Ray
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2005 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Time to get ol' Painless out of the bag." indeed!
Jedi Skyler
Moff
Moff

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2005 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, you could modify the plot line to something like "Desperado" where Antonio Banderas called in his buddies... one of 'em had a pair of guitar cases that had concealed gatling guns... talk about not wanting to short-change the jizz-wailers anymore! Laughing
Ray
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2005 12:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Or the Rocket Launcher Guitar Case.

Or the Flame Thrower Guitar Case from "Once Upon A Time In Mexico".

Or the Mobile Bomb Guitar Case.

Or even just "El"s Guiltar Case full of Guns.

Man, wish I had thought of this during the "Gods Of The Universe" game. The *BAND* for the Far Orbit Fleet would have been a terror to be seen. Oh well, hindsight.

Another idea would be the Sentry Guns from the TV-Edit version of "Aliens", but everyone and their dog has one of those whipped up.
Jedi Skyler
Moff
Moff

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2005 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Or "Spaceballs: The Flamethrower." That one's a big hit with the kids...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Ships, Vehicles, Equipment, and Tech All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: