The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

PCs and stupid deaths
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Characters, Droids, and Species -> PCs and stupid deaths Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
therritn
Ensign
Ensign

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2005 4:01 am    Post subject: PCs and stupid deaths Reply with quote

Hi, how many of you had a character who died under useless and/or stupid circumstances? Here's an example. I had a PC who was a smuggler named Jacen Cutter. I played him for about two years. He has survived numerous battles, bounty hunters, and Imperials in his service to the Alliance only to die because I missed my DEX check and fell off a 100 meter high cliff. The only person close enough to try and save him from falling missed his check by 1 point and he didn't have any CPs to spare.
Jedi Skyler
Moff
Moff

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2005 10:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sucked to be Jacen Cutter! Shocked
Ray
Commodore
Commodore

Location: Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada, North America, Western Hemisphere, Earth, Sol, Western Arm, Milky Way

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2005 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My first Smuggler character, S.C. McDuff, died from a mook. Mortally Wounded, and died *JUST* as the guy with the MedKit showed up. Crying or Very sad
Jedi Skyler
Moff
Moff

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2005 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hate it for ya, bro! Crying or Very sad
Chabit Rane
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2005 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One of my players PCs died by having first aid used on him. The other character only had a knife to treat the blaster wound & did not have the first aid skill. To make matters worse, this was done in the heat of battle. Needless to say the "medic" rolled 1 on the wild 3 times in a row trying to save the party's pilot. This is how the "medic" described it to everyone: "I'll take this knife of mine & shove it, blade first, into his chest."
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Boomer
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2005 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
One of my players PCs died by having first aid used on him. The other character only had a knife to treat the blaster wound & did not have the first aid skill. To make matters worse, this was done in the heat of battle. Needless to say the "medic" rolled 1 on the wild 3 times in a row trying to save the party's pilot. This is how the "medic" described it to everyone: "I'll take this knife of mine & shove it, blade first, into his chest."

And that is the only story told of him to this day. First Aid through a direct stab.
to finance my 'vette!
Revan
Sub-Lieutenant
Sub-Lieutenant

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2005 5:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is what I call "medical error"
Jedi Skyler
Moff
Moff

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2005 10:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Too bad he couldn't sue for malpractice!
Ray
Commodore
Commodore

Location: Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada, North America, Western Hemisphere, Earth, Sol, Western Arm, Milky Way

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2005 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Sueing For Malpractice": On the battlefield, this takes a whole new meaning. Usually the "Court Documents" are Handled by "Lawyers" made by BlasTech. Twisted Evil
garhkal
Sovereign Protector
Sovereign Protector

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2005 2:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chabit Rane wrote:

I have done that before... THough my best is seeing 4 party drop to MW in a battle, and only 1 of the players realisign they brougt NO med packs...
Volar the Healer
Jedi

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2005 10:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I once had an entire party wipe itself out because they were fighting over the controls of the freighter ( their own freighter) as it plunged toward the ground. They wouldn't cooperate - each wanted to oppose the other's piloting rolls ( of their own team members) as round by round the ground was described as looming larger and the altimeter ticked away to zero...

For some reason, when the entire group rerolled characters, neither of the "pilots" were allowed to play spacers...
Jedi Skyler
Moff
Moff

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2005 10:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Volar the Healer wrote:
I once had an entire party wipe itself out because they were fighting over the controls of the freighter ( their own freighter) as it plunged toward the ground. They wouldn't cooperate - each wanted to oppose the other's piloting rolls ( of their own team members) as round by round the ground was described as looming larger and the altimeter ticked away to zero...

For some reason, when the entire group rerolled characters, neither of the "pilots" were allowed to play spacers...

I'd let 'em be spacers- although I use the term loosely to mean "Grunt who works belowdecks hauling, stacking, and restacking the heavy containers day in and day out..."
KageRyu
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2005 6:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have had a lot of my own characters, and many of the various players die for any number of stupid reasons. It has occoured in many different game settings and rules systems. A few highlights:

Taking a space walk without a space suite
Jumping out a 3rd floor window into a swimming pool with a mercury switch detonated bomb.
Trying to "catch" a train...literally.
Trying to give a Dragon a breath mint.
Detonating an atomic bomb "just for kicks".
and my personal favorite...
Shooting himself in the head, because he could.
Jedi Skyler
Moff
Moff

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2005 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dunno... I kinda like the one about detonating the atomic bomb- just for kicks! Laughing

Don't forget your shades... 8)
garhkal
Sovereign Protector
Sovereign Protector

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2005 5:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Side question... What would be the damage of being 'spaced'???
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Characters, Droids, and Species All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

Jump to: