The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Size over Scale
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> House Rules -> Size over Scale Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
View previous topic :: View next topic  
garhkal
Sovereign Protector
Sovereign Protector

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2005 3:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heck yea... ANd i know i have been guilty of inflating stats on some occasions... heck check out the Flexer scout ship... more of a gunboat than a scout ship..
Jedi Skyler
Moff
Moff

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2005 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

garhkal wrote:
Heck yea... ANd i know i have been guilty of inflating stats on some occasions... heck check out the Flexer scout ship... more of a gunboat than a scout ship..

And where might one find that?
garhkal
Sovereign Protector
Sovereign Protector

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2005 4:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here ya go, but this is the toned down version..... after 3 rewrites iirc...

Craft: Miximuar Golan arms Felixer
Type: Heavy scout ship
Scale: Starfighter.
Length: 42 meters, 29 meters wingspan
Crew: 2, 2 gunners. Can work with 1 of each/+10
Passengers: 5.
Cargo capacity: 35 metric tons, 15 meters by 8 meters storage space.
Consumables: 6 months.
Hyperdrive: X1
Back up Hyperdrive X8
Nav computer: Yes.
Maneuverability: 1D+1 Hull: 4D+1. Shields: 1D.
Space: 6. Atmosphere: 365/1,050 kmh.
Sensors:
Passive 75/+2, Scan 150/+1D+1, Search 300/+2D+1, Focus 35/+4D.
Weapons:

4 paired medium blaster cannons
Fire arc: 2 in the wing, and the other 2 in a dorsal/ventral turret
Scale: Starfighter
Fire control: 2D
Range: 8/16/36
Atmospheric range: 1.2km/3.2km/7.2km
Damage 4D+2.

Single Concussion missile launcher
Fire arc: forward
Fire control: 2d
Range: 1/4/12
Atmospheric range: 100m/400m/1200m
Damage: 8d
History. Just after the Thrawn crisis, Golan arms systems, decided to get into the ship industry. They sought out a partner to do the developing while they provided the expertise and capital. Miximuar industries, a relative new-comer into the space industry was in process of working out a deal with the New republic to scout out the unknown territories, and wild space, so they hooked up. This ship is the design, and proof concept. It took nearly 8 years for all the bugs to be worked out, and for several other technologies to be made available, which was just about the timeframe of the Cammassi incident. 48 of these were made, and 2 are always kept in reserve.
It looks like the Gun-star from the last star fighter film.
KageRyu
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2005 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

garhkal That would make a nice bomber. Give the cargo bay an auto-jetison (bomb doors) and pack it with bombs. Gives the feel of the air-wair in europe, as turret gunners blast away at passing fighters. By chance, got a pic?

As to the inflation point, I agree. The fan comunity is in a state of ever-inflating stats. I know, everyone wants there favorite weapon, or character, or droid to rock, but I wish more people could sit back and look at what's already in the rules and balance it. granted, some things in the rules aren't balanced properly in my eyes (I have always felt Power Suites, such as Zer0-G Storm Armor should be speeder scale, with it's resistance bonus being it's Hull Strength) but when a blaster rifle shows up doing 12D+... heck, who needs a repeater or artillery.
garhkal
Sovereign Protector
Sovereign Protector

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2005 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KageRyu wrote:
garhkal That would make a nice bomber. Give the cargo bay an auto-jetison (bomb doors) and pack it with bombs. Gives the feel of the air-wair in europe, as turret gunners blast away at passing fighters. By chance, got a pic?

As to the inflation point, I agree. The fan comunity is in a state of ever-inflating stats. I know, everyone wants there favorite weapon, or character, or droid to rock, but I wish more people could sit back and look at what's already in the rules and balance it. granted, some things in the rules aren't balanced properly in my eyes (I have always felt Power Suites, such as Zer0-G Storm Armor should be speeder scale, with it's resistance bonus being it's Hull Strength) but when a blaster rifle shows up doing 12D+... heck, who needs a repeater or artillery.

Not yet, and seeing SWAG is probabily not coming back any time soon, not going to. But i envision it something like the GUNSTAR from Last Starfighter, but with an elongated nose, and less wide engine/wing section.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> House Rules All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: