The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Trandoshans?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Characters, Droids, and Species -> Trandoshans?
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Chandra Mindarass
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2005 2:49 pm    Post subject: Trandoshans? Reply with quote

Does anybody have the D6 stats for the Trandoshan species? I've checked all the obnoxious sites, but none seemed to have them. I found d20-statistics, but I have no experience with converting those and on a personal note, I get a rash from Wizards' stuff. Can anybody help me out?

>-q=p---
Hellcat
Grand Moff
Grand Moff

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2005 12:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

When it comes to doing conversions, try checking the guidelines section of The Rebellion. Their pretty good for helping you convert to D6. Gry has some Trandoshan conversions in his Alien Stats PDF that you might find helpful. Check in the PDF sharing thread in Tools for a link to that particular PDF as it will probably come in handy for you with other species as well. the stats for Trandoshans look like

Quote:
Home Planet: Trandosha (Dosha)
Attribute Dice: 12D
DEXTERITY 3D/4D+2
KNOWLEDGE 1D/4D
MECHANICAL 1D/4D
PERCEPTION 2D/4D+2
STRENGTH 2D/4D+1
TECHNICAL 1D/3D+1
Special Abilities:
Vision: Trandoshans see in a different range and can see
into the infrared spectrum they can see in darkness with
no penalty.
Clumsy: Trandoshans have little manual dexterity, and
receive a -2D penalty on any skills regarding precise finger
movement.
Story Factors:
Trandoshans are a very warlike species. They have some
degree of alliance with the Empire, and have great enmity against Wookiees, for some reason. It was the Trandoshans
that suggested putting the Wookiees to slavery. Technology
wise, the Trandoshans are rather advanced.
Move: 9/11
Size: Human range
Source: Ultimate Alien Anthology (pages 165-167)

As for converting from WotC's stuff, I can understand where you're coming from. It's a real headache at times, but unfortunately you may have to do so to get some of what you want. Like I said before, try the Rebellion's guidelines section as they will help.

Wanted Poster
Chandra Mindarass
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2005 7:38 am    Post subject: Unat boologosh, Ni'ymt? Reply with quote

Yay, thank you so much, now I have all the necessary species for a dirty cantina fight! Smile

I found out about "the Rebellion" yesterday, while searching for my scaly brutes - it's good, that there are people, who made it possible to convert d20 to D6, but I think I'd rather chop off my right hand, before throwing money down the Wizards' gullets and buying their books myself... (deleted 2.5megs of a lengthy anti-WotC/d20/so-called D&D3e rant)

...and if you check out sites like this or RRA or RPGGamer, I don't know why I should. I just hope, that I come up with enough stuff myself, that I can give something back!

>-q=p---
Gry Sarth
Jedi

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2005 10:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually I just discovered that there ARE official WEG stats for the Trandoshan, in the Star Wars Trilogy Sourcebook - Special Edition!

It goes like this:

Home System: Kashyyyk (that's the system, the planet is Trandosha)
Attribute Dice: 12D
DEXTERITY 1D+1/4D+1
KNOWLEDGE 1D/3D+1
MECHANICAL 1D+1/3D
PERCEPTION 2D/3D+2
STRENGTH 3D/4D+2
TECHNICAL 1D/2D+2
Special Abilities:
Vision: Trandoshans' vision includes the ability to see in the infrared spectrum. They can see in darkness with no penalty, provided there are heat sources.
Clumsy: Trandoshans have poor manual dexterity. They have considerable difficulty performing actions which require precise finger movement and they suffer a penalty of -2D whenever they attempt an action of this kind. In addition, they also have some difficulty using weaponry that requires a substantially smaller finger such as blasters and blaster rifles; most weapons used by Trandoshans have ha dtheir finger guards removed or redesigned to allow for the Trandoshan's use.
Regeneration: Younger Trandoshans can regenerate lost limbs (fingers, arms, legs and fet). This ability disappears as the Trandoshan ages. Once per day, the Trandoshan must make a Moderate Strength or stamina roll. Sucess means that the limb regenerates by tem percent. Failure indicates that the regeneration does not occur.
Story Factors:
Wookiee Hate: The long-standing feud between the Wookiees of Kashyyyk and the Trandoshans is deeply ingrained in both species. When encountering Wookiees or known Wookiee associates, Trandoshans must make a Moderate willpower check to keep from attacking.
Hostility: The Trandoshans are known as a belligerent species. They gain +1D to all intimidation rolls against non-Trandoshans.
Move: 8-10
Size: 1.9-2.4 meters tall

An official WEG stat is always better than a WOTC conversion. The attributes are a bit lower, but you get regeneration.

.. I guess I'll have to make some corrections to my Aliens Stats book...
Chandra Mindarass
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2005 1:09 pm    Post subject: Abacca nadash villoid! Reply with quote

Yeah, I think I like the second one better, at least from a GMs point of view. This version might be less good as a player character race, but it gives them more nastyness as returning enemies, because of the regeneration.

Thank you both!!!

>-q=p---
Hellcat
Grand Moff
Grand Moff

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2005 11:54 pm    Post subject: Re: Unat boologosh, Ni'ymt? Reply with quote

Chandra Mindarass wrote:
but I think I'd rather chop off my right hand, before throwing money down the Wizards' gullets and buying their books myself...

I know exactly how you feel. The only items I have of theirs are the last two issues of Gamer and then because I was tired of hearing about the short stories in the various issues in threads over in the TF.N forums without being able to read them. Of course compared to by their sourcebooks, the magazine was comparable to getting a paperback novel. Most of their stuff I convert comes from their website, which is cheaper to get and convert since they don't charge you to visit it. But for die hard D6 SW RPGers, you look at that stuff and have to shake your head at the fact that they have the liscense. Thank god for the Rebellion and their conversion guidelines.

As for RRA, I love the site and am in fact a member there. I've submited 65 home brewed stats and a pic. If you see a source listed as Richard Greenleaf, that's something I submited.

Wanted Poster
Chandra Mindarass
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2005 7:16 am    Post subject: Rebel Assault Reply with quote

Hehe, I left some stuff at RRA, too. Nothings has aired yet, but the truth is out there. Razz

We used to have a roleplaying store next town, but they are more into Manga/Anime/trading cards and merchandise. They still have the top-notch RPGS, but certainly no magazines.

One thing about the wizards is the artwork, which is about the most lavish I have ever seen on an RPG, but I always get the feeling, that that has to make up for bad game design and a lack of thought. D&D3e may be a good game for starters, but coming from an AD&D - Player's Option Edition(tm) background, it just hurts what they did to a perfect level-based system...and I still don't see levels and classes in SW however.

The website did have some cool stuff back in the days, but my last visit was pre-3rd edition (1999? - am I THAT old?!), so I might check it out again.

>-q=p---
Hellcat
Grand Moff
Grand Moff

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2005 2:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have absolutely no idea really about the different versions of D&D as I only played it like three times but never really got past the introductory set. When I talk about visiting their site, I'm talking about their SW RPG section of the website. Since I have no idea concerning most of their other RPG and such material (except for Diplomacy from Avalon Hill, actually got to play that for one of my classes in eleventh grade), I tend to stay away from it. And if it wasn't for a need to convert some new stuff, I'd stay away from the site altogether. I'm currently working on a D6 Dark Forces sourcebook that started out as simply being a conversion of the stuff they posted there on the characters from the Dark Forces/Jedi Knight games.

Wanted Poster
Chandra Mindarass
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2005 8:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My point about (A)D&D was just, that the wizards blew the 3e job, too. It's not like D&D would work with their rules! I have to convert the medieval stuff as well. The WotC bought up TSR, who made AD&D and brought out "third edition" D&D, which is wrong already, because technically there was never a second edition D&D. There was original D&D, three versions of AD&D and now this. Lavish books filled with pages of multicoloured hot air.

They discontinued settings, ruined others and sugar-coated everything with comic art.

>-q=p---
Hellcat
Grand Moff
Grand Moff

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2005 1:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Perhaps they expect us to be excited about the pics that we overlook the quality of the material.

Wanted Poster
Chandra Mindarass
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2005 8:44 am    Post subject: Star Trek Reply with quote

It could be a legal aspect. Is it possible, that the WotC would have to pay royalties to the original designers, if they had kept the original rules?

>-q=p---
Hellcat
Grand Moff
Grand Moff

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2005 12:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It may be very likely that WotC bought ownership of D&D, which would mean they would not have to pay royalties. I don't know if there was some big company like LFL that was liscensing TSR so they could do produce material for D&D. But if the original D&D designers worked for TSR or founded the company, then it's likely that when WotC bought TSR they also but all rights to D&D, allowing them to do whatever they want.

Wanted Poster
Chandra Mindarass
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2005 6:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I see, then it's just genuine stupidity. Humans suck, can I change species after I began playing? Can I be a big, maneating bug instead? Hello? Great Gamemaster?! Razz

>-q=p---
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Characters, Droids, and Species All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: