The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

New Adventure Brainstorming
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Adventures and Campaigns -> New Adventure Brainstorming Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bren
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2011 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

2E151 wrote:
After getting their ship fixed the Mandalorian's personal goal will be along the lines of locating the family armor on a distant battlefield. Still working on fleshing out the force user. Other than the obvious agenda of avoiding Vader or the Inquisitors I haven't came up with much. (I'm toying with him being a loose cannon clone of Starkiller.)

I know this sounds like a trainwreck of an adventure, but thats why I'm here, to think a loud and iron out the details. Very Happy

I like the Mandalorian wanting to find his family armor.

For the force user, an obvious goal would be getting a lightsaber but as that seems similar to the Mandalorian armor quest, I'd be inclined to avoid that and give him another goal unrelated to equipment.

Other Goals could include finding a teacher - possibly helped if he is shown powers he doesn't know by running into the bad guys or possibly hearing/reading some Tales of the Jedi (or the Sith Twisted Evil ) and if learning powers on his own is difficult.

If he is actively trying to avoid Vader or sees that as a real threat then maybe he wants to find out about Vader's past, where did he come from, what are his powers, does he have any weaknesses - know your enemy may be this PC's motto. There could be some interesting adventures out of trying to track down the origins of Darth Vader and some good rationales for visiting locations from the prequel films like Tatooine, Coruscant, Naboo (is there a copy of a marriage license somewhere?), and locations from the various Clone Wars novels and books. (Here I assume Vader's origins and former identity is not commonly known throughout the galaxy.)

If you are pre ANH, then perhaps the Force User even runs into Old Ben Kenobi on Tatooine.

I don't know that I'd describe what you propose as a trainwreck, but I think it will be tough for the two characters to act in harmony. They seem like they might have very different world views or operating modes. Depending on which PC is the more stronger willed and more charismatic (not necessarily in a who is tougher in combat sense) it seems one of the characters may need to move in the direction of the other's morality or they will continually butt heads. If the players are good at managing this conflict it could be very interesting and dramatic. If not, then woo woooo...crash. Wink
garhkal
Sovereign Protector
Sovereign Protector

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2011 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A mando and a force user working together... sorry not seeing it.

Quote:
I don't know that I'd describe what you propose as a trainwreck, but I think it will be tough for the two characters to act in harmony.

Especially since a proper mando would be after jedi.
2E151
Cadet
Cadet

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2011 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

garhkal wrote:
A mando and a force user working together... sorry not seeing it.

Especially since a proper mando would be after jedi.

Force user, not Jedi. Not a fallen Jedi or an aspiring Jedi or a Dark Jedi, or a Sith. An independent force sensitive character. Not as hard to intergrate as you would think.
garhkal
Sovereign Protector
Sovereign Protector

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2011 12:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Being that most (if not all) of the 'other force using traditions, were not evne KNOWN of till much later (after thrawn), how is this PC justifying his PC knowing what one is let alone being one?
Praxian
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2011 1:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

2E151 wrote:

Honestly, I can see them making acouple of runs for something akin to the Bespin arrangement, but I have a feeling they will be more inclined to take the pirate/privateer/salvager route. (Even if I did 7K a run they would still need atleast 5 or 6 runs...)

Just something to keep in mind. I do things similar to this because it gives my players time to settle into their characters. Get the "feel" of them while not having to worry about "what job is next" because there will be a next job.

On the other side of things though, just because they're doing Tibanna gas runs doesn't mean they can't take on passengers as well. On a run to Coruscant, the players pick up passengers heading to say... Naboo. Pilot makes a few calculations, takes the time to get a good Astrogation roll, and cuts the travel time down from Bespin to Naboo, then it's off to the Big C for the product delivery. 1 job for Bespin, 1 job for them, and money in their pocket.
Bren
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2011 1:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

garhkal wrote:
Being that most (if not all) of the 'other force using traditions, were not evne KNOWN of till much later (after thrawn), how is this PC justifying his PC knowing what one is let alone being one?

A) He/she/it could be a Revwien Tyia Adept (see the template in 2nd Ed. R&E) or have studied the Tyia.
    B) He/she could have escaped from Dathomir.
    C) He could be from a some other force tradition mentioned or of the GM's making.
    D) He could be part of the splinter Jedi sect that allows attachment as mentioned in Karen Travis's books. They specifically cooperated with Mandos.

In addition, the two characters could be related, e.g. siblings, giving them a different reason to work together.
garhkal
Sovereign Protector
Sovereign Protector

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2011 6:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Of thoes i can see # a only.. Dathomirians didn't even get off till luke came a callin'.. thats how the emperor wanted it.
YodaWI
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2011 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know I am a little late to the party, but if you still need a junk planet, you could consider the following. It is part of a whole sector created by the people of the Chaos Crew. Unfortunately, their website has been down for some time, but I have most of the info if you are interested.

Planet Log: Thrax

Planet Name: Thrax
Type: Terrestrial
Temperature: Hot
Atmosphere: Type III (Breath Mask Required)
Hydrosphere: Dry
Gravity: Heavy
Terrain: Junk Fields
Length of day: 13 standard hours
Length of year: 192 standard days
Sentient races: none – although several bands of Squibs and Ugors have taken up residence

Starport: none
Population: Anywhere between 10-1,000 depending on the current criminal activity in the sector.
Planet Function: Garbage dump
Government: Corporate controlled/Anarchy
Tech Level: Stone age
Major exports: none
Major imports: Criminals and junk

Capsule: Millions of years ago, Thrax was a barren world – barely capable of supporting life. However, as recently as the last thousand years, the ecology of the world has stabilized, and life was on the verge of forming – until regular drops of the most toxic substances in the universe began bombarding the planet from orbit.

Several decades ago, the I-Jenom Corporation found its way into the Dreighton Terminus, where its robotics and space development programs set up shop. The area, in an economic slump at the time was suddenly infused with a bounty of jobs and an influx of credits from the mega corporation. Things were looking good for the sector.

However, I-Jenom was a less scrupulous company, and the corporation relocated all its less desirable elements to the sector. As a result, all the research, development and construction the company undertook was extremely nasty – producing all kinds of waste, toxins, and other poisons. Suddenly the darling of the sector was killing several planets. Faced with either turning away big business, or losing the sector’s economy again, the regional governor arranged for a small, out of the way world for their usage, the planet Thrax. I-Jenom turned the planet around, opening it to the public – for a small dumping fee, of course. As a result, a great deal of the sector’s trash, junk, waste, garbage, and refuse found its way to Thrax.

The planet has one other use beside being the toilet of the sector – it’s a perfect hideaway for conducting business that needs to occur unnoticed. Outlaws, mendicants, and refugees find their way to Thrax for negotiating illegal deals, exchanging contraband, hiding out, and stashing hostages. Somehow Thrax has become the unofficial neutral ground for the sector’s criminal elements. All attempts to patrol the system and curb this activity ceased when the Republic collapsed.

Needless to say, the chances of life developing here have dropped to zero.
Anakin
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 6:18 pm    Post subject: Re: New Adventure Brainstorming Reply with quote

crmcneill wrote:
2E151 wrote:
My question is, what locations would you suggest? The only idea I'm turning up is Raxis Prime. I've toyed with the Alderaan Graveyard, but really, could you expect to find anything worth salvaging there? Also, perhaps Yavin 4, but then again it would probably be a hive of activity for sometime after the battle.

Any help and input would be greatly appreciated!

Well, if you're looking for a place to pick up a new starship or parts for the existing one, any of the major smuggler worlds (like Nar Shadda, for instance) will be likely to have junk yards full of wrecked starships and the like. And if all else fails, just make up some random planet name and stick an Ord in front of it, then describe it as one of the Old Republic's Ordnance Regional Depots and see if you can dig up some spares there.

Nar Shadda is the s***! All my campaigns - no matter the plot - sooner or later ends up on Nar Shadda for a while, and always ends up leaving it in a great hurry after some run ins with one or several of the planets countless criminal organizations! Nar Shadda is made for trouble! Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Adventures and Campaigns All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: