The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Yuuzhan Vong NPCs
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Characters, Droids, and Species -> Yuuzhan Vong NPCs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Guardian_A
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 9:23 am    Post subject: Yuuzhan Vong NPCs Reply with quote

I've been browsing all my old D6 sites recently looking for stock stats for Yuuzhan Vong characters. While there seems to be a wealth of material on them (Mostly over on The Rebellion and in the Stat Collection books), I havent been able to find more than "templates" when it comes to actual characters. Does anyone know where I can find full Yuuzhan Vong stats?

With all of that said, I am thinking about putting together a YV NPC collection as some point. Is anyone interested in seeing that kind of collection? Or would I be wasting my time putting it together?

PS: I'll be finishing up my Imperials collection before I decide what group I want to work on next. Right now, I'm just guaging interest.
TyCaine
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 10:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have to say, big fan of the Imperial NPC work you've done to this point, and looking forward to the culmination of the project, as for the YV, have to say I for one would not be that interested though I may be in the minority.

Most of our games have taken place in the Rebellion era, and are now starting in the Rise of the Empire era, we've dabbled in the New Republic era, but I have to say I found the YV to be somewhat lacking as far as being the next big bad guys on the block.

In many ways it almost 'felt' like they were an after thought tossed in, like, "Well, saved the galaxy again, need something to pull everyone together in a united front... To save the galaxy yet again..."

:p

But that's just me... Now Clone Wars, or Old Republic? Definite interest from me, and Rebel Alliance... But don't take my POV as gospel either... Smile

Keep up the great work!

T.C.
Guardian_A
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 10:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I understand the feeling. I really enjoyed the books from the Old Republic Era all the way up to the Vong war. Once they hit the Vong war, I thought the books got too dark. Dont get me wrong, I like a dark and gritty sci-fi or fantasy book as much as the next guy, but when you start dropping moons on wookiees and butchering the Solo children, it just dosnt have that bigger-than-life, hero-always-wins feel I associate with the Star Wars universe.

With that said, a YV collection would be a very useful to anyone who wants to play a game in that era.

My games have almost exclusively taken place in the TotJ and Rebellion eras. More recently, I've been dabbling with the Dark Times era starting with a group of padawans/young adventurers just before the execution of Order 66.

I actually have several groups I want to do once I finish the Imperials. The Vong are just one of those groups and I'm trying to decide just how high or low I want to put them on the list.
Wisconsin Wookie
Line Captain
Line Captain

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TyCaine wrote:
Have to say, big fan of the Imperial NPC work you've done to this point, and looking forward to the culmination of the project, as for the YV, have to say I for one would not be that interested though I may be in the minority.

Most of our games have taken place in the Rebellion era, and are now starting in the Rise of the Empire era, we've dabbled in the New Republic era, but I have to say I found the YV to be somewhat lacking as far as being the next big bad guys on the block.

In many ways it almost 'felt' like they were an after thought tossed in, like, "Well, saved the galaxy again, need something to pull everyone together in a united front... To save the galaxy yet again..."

:p

But that's just me... Now Clone Wars, or Old Republic? Definite interest from me, and Rebel Alliance... But don't take my POV as gospel either... Smile

Keep up the great work!

T.C.

I'd second just about everythign T.C says here. I agree: excellent work on the Imperial NPCs. For my group, that will be extremely useful.

As far the VY go, I too found them to be a disappointment. That whole story arc just lost me. Once Chewie went down, I was pretty much done with that series. That of course shouldn't prevent you from doing another sourcebook. Just trying to help you "guage interest."

If you are taking suggestions, what about something on the Old Republic? I haven't ever found much there, but perhaps I just haven't looked in the right place.

Whichever way you go, good luck!
Guardian_A
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wisconsin Wookie wrote:
If you are taking suggestions, what about something on the Old Republic? I haven't ever found much there, but perhaps I just haven't looked in the right place.

Whichever way you go, good luck!

My to-do list includes the following:
The Jedi Order
The Sith
Grand Army of the Republic
CIS
Vong
Rebels/New Republic
Soldiers & Mercenaries
Pirates & Slavers
Nobles & Diplomats
Black Sun & other Criminal Organizations
Bounty Hunters & Law Enforcements
Ewoks
Tusken Raiders
Jawas
Gungans
Civilians

Obviously, some of the above projects will be more involved than others. Once I finish the Imperials, I think I'm going to work on one of the smaller ones before jumping back into a huge project again.
Gamer
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have to agree with the others, I like your work but I'd never use a YV book as I don't even aknowledge that whole whole storyline for pretty much the same reasons the others have mentioned.
Raven Redstar
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I too am enjoying the NPC compilations you're putting out, and I too disavow all existence of the Vong. The only time I might use Vong NPCs would be if I were running a campaign in Legacy times, with Darth Krayt and all that jazz, and the Vong would be scattered and in hiding, and rarely come out to play.

It sort of bugged me about the Legacy comics that Vong-tech was used all over by humans.

When you're done with Imperials, I'd really like to see a Pirates, Thugs, and Mercenaries compilation! Awesome job!
CRMcNeill
Director of Engineering
Director of Engineering

Location: Redding System, California Sector, on the I-5 Hyperspace Route.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Raven Redstar wrote:
When you're done with Imperials, I'd really like to see a Pirates, Thugs, and Mercenaries compilation! Awesome job!

Maybe just a Fringe compilation...

The CRMcNeill Stat/Rule Index
Guardian_A
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

crmcneill wrote:
Raven Redstar wrote:

Maybe just a Fringe compilation...

I'll probably do Pirates, Smugglers, Criminals, Bounty Hunters, etc, then compile them into a larger document the same way I plan to do with the Imperials. Its a LOT easier to do this in smaller chunks, then go back and assemble those smaller chunks into a larger compilation. Besides, by releasing things in sections, I have the chance to receive feedback and edit the project as I go so that the final compilation will have less mistakes. Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Characters, Droids, and Species All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: