The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

a few house rules to add some more fun to your group...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> House Rules -> a few house rules to add some more fun to your group... Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Son of Fire
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2003 2:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Holy crap!
I though I have never heard of that outside of my group ever!
"My schooling not only failed to teach me what it professed to be teaching, but prevented me from being educated to an extent which infuriates me when I think of all I might have learned at home by myself." - George Bernard Shaw
Hellstorm
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2003 4:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vartax wrote:
last gaming session I had the group vote for who they thought was best playing there character, and that person got extra points at the end of the gaming session.

Thats a pretty good idea!
I might try that one with my guys 8)

Peter Griffin: "Embrace The Fear." -Family Guy
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Firehawk0220
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2005 12:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

While I have no specific system for anything like that, when a player truely develops a character and goes farther to flesh it out, I generally am not quite so quick to kill the character off.

I also allow my players one or two redo rolls for a critical screw up per campaign.
garhkal
Sovereign Protector
Sovereign Protector

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2005 10:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will occasionally give a bonus CP on the fly, for a great idea, comical moment or other situation i liked IN GAME. But i do agree, giving out cp for OUT of character stuff should be kept out the game. Or at least to a minimum.

Others...

2. And Jedi characters are allowable, but when they use the force, if they roll a 40 or more, ALL force users on that planet will know of you. 60+ And all in the sector know you, and if you actually get 90+ then all Jedi in the galaxy know you.
3. To learn a Skill or specialty, the teaching character MUST have 2D in that skill higher than what the student will have once learnt. Learning a new skill, puts it to 1 pip higher than the base attribute.
6. Characters CAN start play with a ship, even if the template they use does not have one listed. Either they can work it through the background (get with the DM), or be in ‘hock’ to a crime lord.
8. If a character gains cybernetics, use the Shadow run cyber-ware book. For every 2 points of essence the cyber-ware is worth, the user has 1 essence value. Every time he gains a DSP, roll 1D6, and if the number is less than or equal to his essence value, he gains an additional DSP. Also, force users, to access their force powers roll their skill(s), against a gm difficulty rolled with 1D for each essence value point. EG john has 4 essence value points, when he wishes to use his control skills (this is all he has for force powers), he rolls his control against the gm who rolls 4d.
9. For weapons that contain acid or other substances, if the strength roll (PLUS) armor is more than the damage, the ‘weapon’ does not spill its contents. If the damage is higher then the strength roll but not above the armor, then it does break, but only the armor can be affected. If the target does not have any armor, then ignore this rule.

And i have my own system for Ionisation. Basically each bracket of 4 rolled over the ships hull roll for damage, shuts off 1 system for 1d rounds. Each ship will have their systems listed out, and the pc rolls for which is affected. If a shutdown system is hit again, it adds 2d rounds worth of being shut down for the second hit, 3d for the third etc.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> House Rules All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: