The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Trade Table
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> House Rules -> Trade Table Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
atgxtg
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2011 9:50 am    Post subject: Trade Table Reply with quote

I'm in the process of reorganizing the trade table from GG:6. THe table actually works in 5% increments, and I have done up each trade good on a table with it's baseline price and it's +/-5% and +/-10% prices. I also gopt the 2% price on the side, to make the Bargaining easier, and 5% price listed to make it easier to work out the profits.

I added the commodities from SAGA (adjusting them to wholesale/cargo prices), and I am looking for any other goods to add to the table.

To that end, does anybody have any ideas of trade goods to add?

Last edited by atgxtg on Wed Aug 03, 2011 2:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
Azai
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2011 9:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe. I don't know the commodity list from Saga.

What is it?
Guardian_A
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2011 10:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have several trade goods tables in some of my d20 fantasy books. Would that be of interest to you? If you want, I can try posting a list here, but you will need to convert it yourself.
atgxtg
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2011 10:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Azai wrote:
Maybe. I don't know the commodity list from Saga.

What is it?

It a bunch of prices for things, specially:

Animal, Common
Animal, exotic
Animal, livestock
Art, common
Art, quality
Art, precious
Bacta, 1 litre (1kg)
Food, common (1kg)
Food. Quality
Food, exotic
Fuel
Gems semi-precious
Gems, precious
Gems, exotic
Holovid
Metal,common
Metal, semi-precious
Metal, precious
Ore, common
Spice, common
Spice, exotic
Textiles, common (1m2)
Textiles,quality (1m2)
Textiles, exotic (1m2)
Water

Most things are priced per item, or per kg, and I'm taking those to be reatail prices and reducing them to reflect the wholesale prices that shippers would deal with. otherwise the prices would be much, much higher than what we see in GG:6 (and GG6 does make mention of this).
Some items, like art, are priced per item, so I'll have to work out an average number of pieces per ton/cargo space.

I also have to account for packing matierlas, so there won't be a "ton" of blaster rifles in a ton of rifles. More like half a ton, with the other half being the shipping container, packing materials, owners` datachips, case, maintenance kit, etc.
CRMcNeill
Director of Engineering
Director of Engineering

Location: Redding System, California Sector, on the I-5 Hyperspace Route.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2011 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm interested in seeing your finished product

The CRMcNeill Stat/Rule Index
TyCaine
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2011 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Same here, very interested in this...

T.C.
atgxtg
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2011 11:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My table lists prices by Supply and Demand (higher sully= lpwer price, and higher demand = higher price), which lets us sperate price from planet.

This also meakes it much easier to make custom trade profiles for individual planets. For instance, if a planet is noted for something, like Thyferra producing bacta, you can assume a H or VH supply there and use the table to drop the price by 5 or 10%.

You can use the generic trade caterfgoies to get the market modfier for aspecfic good, or customize for specfic circumstances. For instance, Thyferria's trade profile might be Medicine H/VL, but Bacta VH/L.
Azai
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2011 8:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Machine Parts
Tech goods, simple
Tech Goods, Advanced
(Computer Parts, Hardware, could fall under tech)
Droids, Labor
Droids, Advanced

You also could get into some unique things, like specific kinds of spice. Or Ryloth Gemstones, I think they are called. Goods that are unique to certain planets that may give them an edge in tradiing. Tibran Gas, too comes to mind. But I don't know how many different types of gases, and their uses for star wars.

Anyways, I am really interested in this project too.
atgxtg
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2011 10:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Azai wrote:
Machine Parts
Tech goods, simple
Tech Goods, Advanced
(Computer Parts, Hardware, could fall under tech)
Droids, Labor
Droids, Advanced

You also could get into some unique things, like specific kinds of spice. Or Ryloth Gemstones, I think they are called. Goods that are unique to certain planets that may give them an edge in tradiing. Tibran Gas, too comes to mind. But I don't know how many different types of gases, and their uses for star wars.

Anyways, I am really interested in this project too.

Tech good are already included from Galaxy Guide 6: Tramp Freighters.

The basic categories are: Low Tech, Mid Tech, High Tech, Metals, minerals, Luxury Goods, Foodstuffs and Medicines. Pretty much everything you listed would count as a version of Tech.

But, I do plan on including some goods and listing thier categories. For instance Droids would probably be included under the High Tech category, but could be listed under the special goods for a certain planet.

For example, Rodia, as a SPACE TECH planet would probably have High Tech S&D codes of H/L, but could have a special code for weapons tech of VH/M.

Likewise Tatooine, as a desert world, probably doesn't have the default Foodstuffs code of M/L, but something like L/M. Water, being especially scare could be a special case, with it7s own base price (say 200Cr/ton) and an S&D code of VL/H.

The table is pretty much finished. Right now I'm wrting up rules for hauling live cargo and a guide for turning ANY item into cargo, and how to work out it's price per ton. Basically, you take off for packing and shipping materials, and gert a wholesale discount. But you need to buy a certain number of items to get the price break. The break is easy to hit if you are hauling small things like medpacs or blasters, but is harder to pull off with larger items. For example, if you are trading in starship shield generators, you are going to need a big ship in order to carry enough to get a price break.
Raven Redstar
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2011 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm anxious to see your tables.
atgxtg
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2011 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is what the table looks like. What do people think?

atgxtg
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2011 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

crmcneill wrote:
Looks complicated...

It looks complicated, but it isn't.

Bren wrote:

As a table it looks quite straightforward, but without a GG6 in front of me, I am not sure what I am seeing. Some additional headings or explanatory text might be in order.

I've got something for that. I just haven't finished it. Let me try to explain this.

Bren wrote:

What's the significance of the left and right sides of the table?

The columns on the left side, under 2% are 2% of the price and would be used to quickly get the change brought about by bargaining rlls. For example if a cargo was worth 5000 credits per ton, each 2% increment would be a + or - 100 credits to the price per ton.

What you do is fine the commodity you are trading under to goods heading, and corss index it with the availably code to get the price. If you are buying you use the supply codes, if you are selling the demand code.

For example, if you are buying Hig Tech (base price 60000 credits/ton) on a Space Age planet (Supply code H) you would cross index the 6000 crdits with the H supply for a price of 5700 credits/ton.

Tthe 5% on the right to help with profits. Since each difference in the Supply and Demand is in 5% increments, this column helps you quickly work out your profits.

Bt the heart of the table is the six colums from goods to +10%.

Bren wrote:

Is the only signifcance of the shading the fact that it is a GG6 item and price?

No. The rows in orange are for things in GG6 that I adjusted to try and get the 2% numbers to round off better. The orange prices are the prices according to RAW. The differences are minor, but Ikept both prices so people could use he ones they want.

Bren wrote:

The left side would be easier to read if all the prices had a single decimal place i.e. 3.6, 3.8, 4.0, 4.2 rather than 3.6, 3.8, 4, 4.2.

Indeed. Unfortunate, the prices given in GG6 don't break down that way. I was tinkering with the values a bit to try and get them to line up better for the 2% values.
CRMcNeill
Director of Engineering
Director of Engineering

Location: Redding System, California Sector, on the I-5 Hyperspace Route.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2011 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks complicated...

The CRMcNeill Stat/Rule Index
Bren
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2011 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As a table it looks quite straightforward, but without a GG6 in front of me, I am not sure what I am seeing. Some additional headings or explanatory text might be in order.

What's the significance of the left and right sides of the table?

Is the only signifcance of the shading the fact that it is a GG6 item and price?

The left side would be easier to read if all the prices had a single decimal place i.e. 3.6, 3.8, 4.0, 4.2 rather than 3.6, 3.8, 4, 4.2.
atgxtg
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2011 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is the "core"of the table table, without the siebars.

URL=http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/685/tradetabletrimmed.png/][/URL]

How my response got bumped up ahread of the questions, I can't explain. Shocked
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> House Rules All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: