The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Main IC Thread - Act I - Rumors in the Distance
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> The Clone Wars: A New Threat - Wisconsin Wookie -> Main IC Thread - Act I - Rumors in the Distance Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 45, 46, 47  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Matthias777
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2011 2:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A little miffed that the techs seem to be ignoring him, Kage decides that the quality of their work passes muster, and heads to the technical station. He couldn't do the hyperdrive overhaul while the tech were replacing the superconducting wire, but he still had to figure out why they'd been experiencing a power fluctuation every thirteen seconds during their approach.

[OOC: Space Transports Repair 5D, trying to ascertain the reason behind the power fluctuation.]
Flyboy2002
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2011 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shadow nods to the other two clones indicating they need to join Nihl for further direction. He joins them to listen to Nihl's direction. Pleased that finally they are going to have a doc with them as well. Once Nihl has completed his words Shadow requests that he makes sure that they get a copy of the transmission for study during their travel time to the Zolan Sector, and tells Nihl that we would like to request some additional equipment from the armory since they are going to be fighting in close quarters on a ship. They definitely are going to need a resupply of flash grenades and other close combat weapons.
Jedi Skyler
Moff
Moff

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2011 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Master, we need a complete rundown of their mission: their orders when they first shipped out, any changes to those orders, their operational parameters. We need to know what kind of materiel they had aboard, what we should expect to find on board, and we also need to know if there are any secrets of which we should be made aware. If their vessel has been captured, we can destroy it or take it back. If the crew is alove we can rescue them. But we will need ship schematics, override codes, equipment/vehicle complememts...anything that will tell us what we might expect to either fight through or commandeer once we have made it on board. Also," he adds, his mind racing, "We need a copy of their transponder code and drive signature. It will make tracking them much easier."

Daryn holds back for a minute, then presses on with a topic he would rather not have to broach. "Master, if this was indeed the act of traitors, who could it possibly be? The clones are bred for unconditional obedience. Even the officers and non-comms have it, at least to a certain extent. Do you have any leanings on this?"
Guardian_A
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2011 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bri'tan eyes Daevon for a long moment, letting it sink in that he is a sentient creature. Shaking his head once, he turns and starts to reach for the Clone Trooper's helmet, only to realize that its no longer setting on the table. His shoulders slumping slightly, he directs his attention to what the Jedi are saying.
Wisconsin Wookie
Line Captain
Line Captain

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2011 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kage
Kage arrives at the technical station and plugs in. He begins sifting through the data related to the power consumption from all areas of the ship. After a short time, he determines that the problem is not a lack of power. The main generators are supplying ample amounts of power to operate everything on the ship under normal circumstances. Kage reasons that the problem them must be coming from somewhere else, but is also fairly certain it will be easier to trace the fluctuations to its source when all of the ship's systems are running and can be properly monitored.
Wisconsin Wookie
Line Captain
Line Captain

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2011 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Daryn
Master Plo Koon shows no emotion or any body language, save for his arms still folded across his chest, as Daryn rattles off his questions.

After the younger jedi concludes, Master Koon says in his usual patient tone: "Take a breath Daryn. A calm, relaxed jedi who can feel the force through him, is a wise and powerful jedi."

"As to your second question, I do not suspect the work of traitors per se, but perhaps maybe the work of one or two spies or traiterous individuals. Our information does not show any unusual personnel on board, but that does not mean someone couldn't have somehow found his way onto the ship." The Jedi Master pauses before continuing in a quieter voice. "I do sense something sinister behind all of this. When I first saw the recording this morning, everything seemed very cloaked or shrouded somehow. The feeling has since faded, but be mindful, young jedi. There is much more at work here than meets the eye."

The Jedi Master straightens up and says at normal voice level: "As to your other questions, permit me to have the datacard back and I will put as much information as we have onto the card. I will give it back to you upon departure. Speaking of, you have about 30 minutes. Why don't you meet the rest of your team and I will be back shortly."
Wisconsin Wookie
Line Captain
Line Captain

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2011 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bri'tan
Frustrated and disappointed that he STILL hasn't gotten a good look at the inner workings of a clone helmet, Bri'tan focuses on the two jedi off to the side. Medallea, perhaps a little worked up by the recording, rattles off a list of questions for the Master.

The Master replied, "As to your second question, I do not suspect the work of traitors per se, but perhaps maybe the work of one or two spies or traiterous individuals. Our information does not show any unusual personnel on board, but that does not mean someone couldn't have somehow found his way onto the ship."

Bri'tan notices the Jedi Master pause for a moment. But when he resumes talking, it is too quiet for Bri'tan to hear.

Nihl
The group assembles around and their Captain and seem to respond well to his comments. Everyone in the squad seems a little worked up at what they saw in the recording and are anxious to prove that their brothers could not have done what some seem to be thinking.

Shadow then asks Nihl if they can get some more flash grenades and combat weapons.

Lurk
As Lurk leans against the wall and observes what is going on around him, he quickly picks up on the fact that his Republic companions are uncomfortable with the idea that Republic traitors could be involved somehow. His thoughts are interrupted momentarily as he suddenly experiences a sharp, pinching pain behind his right ear - almost as if he was bit by something.

Daevon
Daevon notices Bri'tan staring at him for some time longer than the others did and also notices that the Bith pilot sits by himself at the table, obviously listening in on what the other two jedi are talking about.

Shadow
Shadow puts in his request to the Captain and takes a look around. He again notices the odd assembly of individuals and wonders how they will all fit together.
southpaw
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2011 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lurk watched the talking beast with a sense of disappointment. He had intended to spike the mutt's food with some spice he'd smuggled onboard for a bit of a lark, see how Medallea reacted... but somehow drugging a sentient seemed like it wasn't worth the trouble he'd be in afterwards. Ah well, the spice would still go to good use. Still it would be funny if ––

Ow.

Lurk swiped at whatever-it-was that bit him; flatten it now, examine it afterwards, before it it bites again. He gave a second pat, then felt behind his ear, feeling the rough ridges of scarring where the metal plate on his skull buried beneath the skin, the stubble in the grooves of flesh which the razors always missed.

As he searched, he casually looked around, wondering if anyone had noticed, and saw the disconcerted looks of the Republic cronies. It was good that they were unsettled by this whole traitor business. It would keep them sharp while on mission, which meant he could relax and not have to cover for them... plus, just maybe, it might make them ask why someone would betray them. If these guys were the good guys, what where they doing so wrong?
Orgaloth
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2011 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Daevon stays where he was seated, watching all the activity around him. He found the clones particularly interesting, as the looked the same, but each seemed to be individuals. After watching them for a little while he was sure he could tell them apart visually.

"You know, sometimes I amaze even myself."
Du Cass' Dream
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Guardian_A
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2011 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pushing himself out of his chair, Bri'tan moves over to the Jedi. "Sir!" He says as he steps up to Master Koon, "I might have been hired as the pilot for this trip, but I also have extensive experience building and maintaining all manner of electronic and mechanical equipment." Pausing only long enough to inhale, he continues, "If you can provide an additional suit of Clone Trooper armor, I could farmiliarize myself their equipment so I can assist with repairs when needed." Not bothering to wait for an answer, he continues to ramble on, "I could also help out with any other equipment, like an AT-RT, BARC speeder, surveillance equipment, jetpacks, or anything else the Clones might be using during their mission!" Inhailing, he waits expectantly for Master Koon's reply.
Jedi Skyler
Moff
Moff

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2011 1:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Daryn nods at the Bith's queries and suggestions, as the portly alien jumped in before Daryn could walk away. "On that theme, Master, I was actually going to ask you if it were possible to get some extra suits of armor. It would be handy to armor everyone up, plus it also might serve to allow for an element of surprise if an enemy thinks we are all simply clones, only to be surprised when Daevon and I have reason to display our abilities. Obviously he cannot be disguised similarly, but we may yet find armor that would serve."
dadofett
Sub-Lieutenant
Sub-Lieutenant

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2011 8:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nihl nods to Shadow saying, "Take the men to the armory and get what we need", trusting his right hand man will get everything they need for the mission ahead.

Nihl then turns to engage the small group that has formed around General Koon. Overhearing the requests for extra armor and equipment, he chimes in:

"Probably best if you leave the Republic Army equipment to the Republic Army. I don't think you boys would be able to handle the armor, much less fit in it", he says glancing at the portly Bith.

He continues while turning to face Daryn: "My men and I will handle the heavy-lifting..."
Matthias777
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2011 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kage disengages himself from the Nerf's technical station and goes to check on the status of the ship's readiness for takeoff, including an external inspection of the hull. After inspecting the freighter's underbelly, Kage engages his repulsor ring and drifts up and over the hull to inspect the dorsal surfaces, and then back down behind the engines, taking extra care to look them over thoroughly.

[OOC: "Proper" preflight takes about 30 minutes; Kage wants to make sure he has as much time to go through preflight without the usual "running from the bad guys" rush. Assuming the techs are done with the hyperdrive repairs and the air scrubber maintenance, he'll return to the cockpit and begin preflight checklists.]
Jedi Skyler
Moff
Moff

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2011 11:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Daryn continues to look at Koon. "My request stands, Master. Not only will it be beneficial to have spare armor on hand for repair or replacement when necessary, I also have noticed the Jedi who work with the Army often wearing their own version of armor. I would like to use a suit to create my own, as time permits."

While he speaks, Daryn opens himself up to the Force very deeply...((OOC: Daryn will use Concentration, then Telekinesis. He is attempting to lift the four troopers into the air. If he can' get all four, he will lift as many as he can.))

Provided that works, he adds, "My Padawan and I will be helping with the heavy lifting. We are not here to be coddled."
Wisconsin Wookie
Line Captain
Line Captain

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2011 8:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shadow
Shadow, look at Nihl says, "Yes sir," and leads the other two Clones toward the door and down to the armory.

Nihl and Bri'tan
Master Koon stares at Bri'tan for a moment, somewhat surprised by the request.  Then, with a nod at Captain Nihl replies:  "I tend to agree with the Captain here...but it's not my call.  You'll have to check with the Quartermaster to request the equipment you mention.  I am aware that they barely have enough armor to fit out all of the Clones they are pumping out, so he may not be quick to issue an extra suit."  Bri'tan watches in surprise as Nihl is lifted up in the air.  Nihl sees Daryn looking straight a him saying, "My Padawan and I will be helping with the heavy lifting. We are not here to be coddled." Nihl then feels himself lift off the ground an float in mid air.

Daryn
Daryn feels the force flow through him and at the same time notices that three of the Clones are already near the door in an attempt to leave on an errand.  Focusing his energy then on Captain Nihl, Daryn concentrates and as he says "My Padawan and I will be helping with the heavy lifting.  We are not here to be coddled," Daryn watches as Nihl slowly raises up and hovers about two feet in the air.

Lurk
Lurk swats at his neck, but comes up empty for insects. But noone seems to notice because everyone left in the room is staring in surprise as Captain Nihl is floating in the air, apparently after he and Medallea had a short conversation.

Lurk runs his fingers over the uneven contours of his skull and does not notice anything out of the ordinary, aside from the already unordinary sections of plating inserted there.

Kage
Kage beeps contentedly to himself as he goes about his pre-flight check. He does not notice anything out of ordinary on the exterior of the ship.

Daevon
Daevon notices the attention turn away from him as his new Master, in attempt to make a point, is levitating Captain Nihl into the air. Daevon is at the same time impressed and also wondering if that was the best way to get off on the right foot with their new Clone Captain.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> The Clone Wars: A New Threat - Wisconsin Wookie All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 45, 46, 47  Next
Page 14 of 47

Jump to: