The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

A New Threat - OOC
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> The Clone Wars: A New Threat - Wisconsin Wookie -> A New Threat - OOC Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 14, 15, 16  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Matthias777
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2011 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No problem!

And I forgot to chime in...this is definitely my first time playing a character like this...essentially a "support" character, even in non-combatant roles. I am enjoying it, and honestly I think it frees me up to have a little more fun with roleplaying and getting everyone else's characters into trouble, rather than trying to be the one rescuing the whosit or blasting the whatsit.

I just realized that Kage might end up being some sort of ship's medic, at least in some capacity...just because of his high Technical attribute (First Aid being a Technical skill is a little wonky, but I understand why it's under Technical). Operating a bacta tank would give him no problems, but stitching someone up would be more difficult...-1D or something since he's just got simple grasper arms (depending on which grasper, they're either a pincer-type, or a simplified three-fingered type of grasper).
dadofett
Sub-Lieutenant
Sub-Lieutenant

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2011 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Matthias777 wrote:

I just realized that Kage might end up being some sort of ship's medic, at least in some capacity...just because of his high Technical attribute (First Aid being a Technical skill is a little wonky, but I understand why it's under Technical). Operating a bacta tank would give him no problems, but stitching someone up would be more difficult...-1D or something since he's just got simple grasper arms (depending on which grasper, they're either a pincer-type, or a simplified three-fingered type of grasper).

I think one of the standard clones is a medic...but WW hasn't shared his stats.

Man, Nihl got the slap down from Daryn... interesting to see how this plays out. Smile

I have not watched enough of the Clone Wars animated series to know how ARC Clone Captains and Jedi Commanders typically interact....so I'm just making it up.
Matthias777
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2011 8:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How far are we into the Clone Wars? A year, two years, or nearer to the end?
Wisconsin Wookie
Line Captain
Line Captain

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2011 12:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Matthias777 wrote:
How far are we into the Clone Wars? A year, two years, or nearer to the end?

About two years in. Thing are definitely heating up and at this point the outcome could go either way.
Wisconsin Wookie
Line Captain
Line Captain

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2011 12:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dadofett wrote:
I have not watched enough of the Clone Wars animated series to know how ARC Clone Captains and Jedi Commanders typically interact....so I'm just making it up.

Interesting that you should mention that. In the current story arc on the cartoon, Captain Rex's battallion is not getting along well with their current Jedi General. I would say typically there is mutual respect between the clones and the jedi. But I wouldn't worry too much about it, go ahead and keep making it up!
Wisconsin Wookie
Line Captain
Line Captain

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2011 12:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

You are correct in that one is a medic, with specializations in field medicine. Would you like to see character sheets for those guys and other NPC's?
Guardian_A
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2011 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just wanted to give a heads up. I'm probably going to be MIA between Thursday night and Sunday afternoon. Inlaws, . . . . never have I seen A More Wretched Hive of Scum and Villainy. Confused I'll try to make a post IC either today or tomorrow so my absence isnt too keenly felt. Come Monday morning Bri'tan should be back, as talented, . . . . and as awkward as ever!
Guardian_A
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2011 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wisconsin Wookie wrote:
Quote:

You are correct in that one is a medic, with specializations in field medicine. Would you like to see character sheets for those guys and other NPC's?

My first instinct is to say yes. But it might be more fun to find out what they are capable of as the game progresses, . . .
Matthias777
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2011 10:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dadofett wrote:

I don't know anything about the Clone Wars except from what I saw in the prequels...so I'm either referring to Wookieepedia, or making it up. As such, feel free to correct me if I say/do something that doesn't make sense or is inaccurate. You won't hurt my feelings, I promise. Very Happy
Wisconsin Wookie
Line Captain
Line Captain

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2011 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guardian_A wrote:
I just wanted to give a heads up. I'm probably going to be MIA between Thursday night and Sunday afternoon. Inlaws, . . . . never have I seen A More Wretched Hive of Scum and Villainy. Confused I'll try to make a post IC either today or tomorrow so my absence isnt too keenly felt. Come Monday morning Bri'tan should be back, as talented, . . . . and as awkward as ever!

Thanks for the heads-up, and have fun with the in-laws.
Matthias777
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2011 5:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guardian_A wrote:
Wisconsin Wookie wrote:
Quote:

My first instinct is to say yes. But it might be more fun to find out what they are capable of as the game progresses, . . .

I have mixed feelings as well. I'm insatiably curious, but not knowing keeps me from metagaming. I would like to see dossiers on NPCs, at least; what we as players know about them, what equipment they have (that we know about, anyway), that sort of thing. There are things that can be forgotten while posting over the span of say, a month, and that can have results that range from annoying to...problematic: "Oh, you don't have the grenades? Well who has them, then? Back on the ship?! My WHOLE PLAN revolved around YOUR GRENADES!!!" Obviously that's a bit extreme, but you get the idea. Anyhow, that's my vote: stats, maybe, but definitely dossiers with basic info plus known equipment.
Guardian_A
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2011 8:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Matthias777 wrote:
Guardian_A wrote:
Wisconsin Wookie wrote:
Quote:

I have mixed feelings as well. I'm insatiably curious, but not knowing keeps me from metagaming. I would like to see dossiers on NPCs, at least; what we as players know about them, what equipment they have (that we know about, anyway), that sort of thing. There are things that can be forgotten while posting over the span of say, a month, and that can have results that range from annoying to...problematic: "Oh, you don't have the grenades? Well who has them, then? Back on the ship?! My WHOLE PLAN revolved around YOUR GRENADES!!!" Obviously that's a bit extreme, but you get the idea. Anyhow, that's my vote: stats, maybe, but definitely dossiers with basic info plus known equipment.

I think Matthias777 pegged it.

Name:
Specialization:
Known Gear:

We can figure the rest out as we go.
dadofett
Sub-Lieutenant
Sub-Lieutenant

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2011 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guardian_A wrote:
Wisconsin Wookie wrote:
Quote:

Although, it might make sense for Nihl to have stats on Needles since he would have full access to his record, etc.
Matthias777
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2011 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dadofett wrote:
Although, it might make sense for Nihl to have stats on Needles since he would have full access to his record, etc.

That's a great point, actually. I'm cool with whatever you guys end up deciding on. I know that dossiers can be a pain to keep up if you have a lot of NPCs, whereas just posting a character sheet is a snap. I'm for dossiers or something similar, but I don't want to increase Wisconsin Wookiee's workload more than is necessary!
southpaw
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2011 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Matthias777"]
dadofett wrote:
....I don't want to increase Wisconsin Wookiee's workload more than is necessary!

Completely disagree. Back in to the Spice Mines for you , ya worthless wookie, and get to work!!! Only the very best games for us!

<cracks whip over GMs head, knowing only too well how sucky the GM workload to player workload actually is>
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> The Clone Wars: A New Threat - Wisconsin Wookie All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 14, 15, 16  Next
Page 8 of 16

Jump to: