The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

A New Threat - OOC
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> The Clone Wars: A New Threat - Wisconsin Wookie -> A New Threat - OOC Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 14, 15, 16  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Matthias777
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2011 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

southpaw wrote:
Matthias777 wrote:
....I don't want to increase Wisconsin Wookiee's workload more than is necessary!

Completely disagree. Back in to the Spice Mines for you , ya worthless wookie, and get to work!!! Only the very best games for us!

I'm going to refer back to this post whenever it's time for Character Points to be dealt out at the end of each adventure. Twisted Evil
Wisconsin Wookie
Line Captain
Line Captain

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2011 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Matthias777 wrote:
southpaw wrote:
Matthias777 wrote:
....I don't want to increase Wisconsin Wookiee's workload more than is necessary!

Completely disagree. Back in to the Spice Mines for you , ya worthless wookie, and get to work!!! Only the very best games for us!

I'm going to refer back to this post whenever it's time for Character Points to be dealt out at the end of each adventure. Twisted Evil

Thanks for all the input on the NPC's. You will see a post this weekend with that info. If only there was a way to have the best game without a workload, Wink. I will do my best!
Wisconsin Wookie
Line Captain
Line Captain

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2011 11:50 am    Post subject: Stations onboard the Greased Nerf Reply with quote

Before the ship takes off and things start hitting the fan, thought it might be good to check on the default makeup of the crew in-flight.

Is it fair to assume the following:
Cockpit: Bri'tan, Kage, Medallea and Deavon or Nihl?
Upper gunwell: Lurk
Lower gunwell: Shadow or Nihl or one of the other clones
Any other stations that need to be manned? Obviously Bri'tan gets a lot of say here, but are there spots the rest of you want?
southpaw
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2011 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well there's comms, scanners, engineering, hyperdrive, that sort of thing... I wouldn't put Lurk on comms though.
Jedi Skyler
Moff
Moff

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2011 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, obviously Daryn's Technical skills are good, since his attribute is 4D. He will be better at repair right now than helping pilot, or running support stations like comm or sensors. Those he will need to learn. Even though he can boost his abilities with the Force, that wild die can be a pain in the arse when you're in a crunch. So however Bri'tan wants to do it will be fine with me. He may want Daryn available to be in the cockpit for comm though, since he is technically in command.
Guardian_A
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2011 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like I'm back!

As for Bri'tan in the cockpit. If the ship is in motion, . . . ALWAYS!
Wisconsin Wookie
Line Captain
Line Captain

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2011 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey everyone. My apologies for the relative lack of information posted over the weekend. It was a much more hectic weekend than anticipated, however I still have an hour or two before the weekend is over. I better get to work.
Wisconsin Wookie
Line Captain
Line Captain

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2011 11:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't know if it is the best place for it, but NPC Clones are listed in the ships/equipment thread.
Wisconsin Wookie
Line Captain
Line Captain

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2011 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, let's try to get the crew stations solidified:

4 in the cockpit:
Pilot - Bri'tan
Co-Pilot - Kage (sensors, navigation) ?
Communications - ?
Shields - ?

Upper Gunwell - ?
Lower Gunwell - ?

Who wants what? Bri'tan, is that about how you would divide it? It would be nice to have 7 stations as there are 7 pcs.
dadofett
Sub-Lieutenant
Sub-Lieutenant

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2011 11:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wisconsin Wookie wrote:

4 in the cockpit:
Pilot - Bri'tan
Communications - ?
Shields - ?

Upper Gunwell - ?
Lower Gunwell - ?

Who wants what? Bri'tan, is that about how you would divide it? It would be nice to have 7 stations as there are 7 pcs.

My 2 cents is Nihl in the cockpit on Comms or Shields and Shadow in a Gunwell...
Wisconsin Wookie
Line Captain
Line Captain

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2011 11:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Equipment for the squad is now listed in the equipment thread.
Wisconsin Wookie
Line Captain
Line Captain

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2011 11:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dadofett wrote:
Wisconsin Wookie wrote:

4 in the cockpit:
Pilot - Bri'tan
Communications - ?
Shields - ?

Upper Gunwell - ?
Lower Gunwell - ?

My 2 cents is Nihl in the cockpit on Comms or Shields and Shadow in a Gunwell...

Pilot - Bri'tan
Co-pilot - Kage
Communications - Nihl
Shields - ?
Upper Gunwell - Lurk
Lower Gunwell - Shadow
Could use one other spot yet. Thoughts?
Matthias777
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 12:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Obviously, Kage does any navigating, but that's not something you're going to find yourself doing in most battles (well, maybe Laughing). Normally, he'll operate the shields and sensors, making those his first priority, monitoring ship's systems as a second priority, and working the comm if absolutely necessary, though obviously Bri'tan has to do the talking. He's technically the copilot, but Bri'tan can get a little tetchy when he tries to help with that, so if he actually lets Kage help, you know they're in dire straits.

As this is Bri'tan and Kage's ship (well, Bri'tan's, but Kage thinks of it as his as well), Kage isn't going to like anyone else touching anything. Kage will almost invariably try to do everything himself, by order of the priorities listed above. He's the Swiss Army knife of the spacelanes; why shouldn't he? Wink I'd say having Nihl on the comm system during times of duress would probably be a good idea, and have Daryn in the cockpit just in a command role. Even with MAPs, Kage (or Bri'tan and Kage) can operate all of the support systems better than everyone else. If Kage has to compute a jump, Daryn and Nihl can split sensors/communications, and have Bri'tan take over shields in addition to piloting.

Lurk and Shadow as gunners would do well to combine fire under Daryn's command; it'd only be a +2 bonus, but every bit helps when you're Starship Gunnery is only 2D. Depending on Daryn's level of frustration, he might end up kicking one of the gunners out and manning a turret himself; Concentration + Starship Gunnery would give him 4D instead of 2D to hit. It would leave us without a commander in the cockpit, but Daryn's only 21 years old, new to commanding a force of any size, and might not see where that could pose a problem (be that problem a lack of a commander in the cockpit, or the fact that he kicked a subordinate out of his post to do the job himself).

Sorry, I think I got into a bit of a ramble there.
Guardian_A
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 9:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Matthias777 wrote:
As this is Bri'tan and Kage's ship (well, Bri'tan's, but Kage thinks of it as his as well), Kage isn't going to like anyone else touching anything. Kage will almost invariably try to do everything himself, by order of the priorities listed above. He's the Swiss Army knife of the spacelanes; why shouldn't he? Wink I'd say having Nihl on the comm system during times of duress would probably be a good idea, and have Daryn in the cockpit just in a command role. Even with MAPs, Kage (or Bri'tan and Kage) can operate all of the support systems better than everyone else. If Kage has to compute a jump, Daryn and Nihl can split sensors/communications, and have Bri'tan take over shields in addition to piloting.

Thats kind of how Bri'tan would see it too. Between him and Kage, they have most of the main systems covered. If someone wanted to run the comm station, he probably wouldnt have a problem with that, and he really wouldnt care one way or the other if someone wanted to man the gunnery positions. Other than that, I cant think of much a person could be doing on the ship. Maybe keep a couple of people handy for damage control?
southpaw
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good luck trying to get Lurk outta that gunnery well!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> The Clone Wars: A New Threat - Wisconsin Wookie All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 14, 15, 16  Next
Page 9 of 16

Jump to: