The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Main IC Thread - Act I - Rumors in the Distance
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> The Clone Wars: A New Threat - Wisconsin Wookie -> Main IC Thread - Act I - Rumors in the Distance Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 45, 46, 47  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Orgaloth
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2011 7:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Daevon paitiently waits for Darryn to finish.

"You know, sometimes I amaze even myself."
Du Cass' Dream
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Wisconsin Wookie
Line Captain
Line Captain

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2011 11:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bri'tan
Bri'tan rummages around the cockpit and the best he can come up with so far is a few stray datacards that could be used to store data. He picks one up and flips it over in his hand. The info put on here could still be stored in one of Kage's compartments, but could be easily discovered by someone else. As Bri'tan weighs wether or not it is worth the risk, he hears Kage bleep something about all crew being present and accounted for, and at the same time notices the readout about needing hyperspace coordinates.

Daevon
Daevon and Daryn find themselves alone for the moment on the ramp, and Daevon hears Daryn ask, "So what are your impressions of the crew thus far?"

Shadow
Shadow is helping Needles sort through and lock up the medical equipment, when Needles asks, "So what can you tell me about Captain Nihl?"

Nihl
Nihl sets the Z-6 on the bunk next to Salvo and watches the heavy trooper grin and rub his hand over the barrel of the huge weapon. He then looks up at Nihl and says, "So, Captain, what do you think we are about to get into?"

Lurk
Lurk walks up the ramp and immediately notices the ship is a lot more cramped. He sees the two jedi talking quietly on the top of the ramp and can hear the Clones getting their gear stowed away in their quarters. His thoughts go back to the briefing and the Zolan system. He wonders to himself if that same old Devaronian gun-runner was still in business. If so, he was the kind of guy that might know something about a missing warship.
Jedi Skyler
Moff
Moff

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 2:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Daryn takes the datacard given him and, pressing a hidden key on his bracer, causes the recessed plate to ooen and slide up, revealing the computer stored there in protected, built-in safety. He inserts the datacard and pull up the data stored on it.
southpaw
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 4:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lurk mulled over his memories. Probably nothing, but hey, why not. As he slipped into the upper gunnery bay he patched into the computer and dropped his headphones round his neck. He tapped away at the screen for a few seconds, seeing if there was any planetary database with info about the Zolan system. It'd been a while since the Zolan job, and things had gone sideways, and he'd spent a year trying to forget the whole damn affair.

Still... worth a shot.

While he waited for the computer to respond he held the 'phones to his good ear and flipped on the comms to the cockpit.

"Hey Medallea, think you could send through that data you got from the general?"
Orgaloth
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 8:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"I like the quite human. I'm still not sure about Lurk, but Bri'tan is friendly. I did see him eyeing off the soldiers helmet, and your sabre. You on the other hand, need to lighten up. Consider those around you, and don't shove your abilities down their throats."

Daevon sits on his hunches and watches Darryns reaction to what he said.

"You know, sometimes I amaze even myself."
Du Cass' Dream
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Flyboy2002
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 2:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"You better watch out because he is a hammer, you don't even know what you are in for," Shadow says waiting to see how nervous he can make Needles. As he loses he composure and start to smiles, "I am kidding, we have been through quite a few assignments together and you would be hard pressed to find a better Captain in the entirety of the Army. Though I know a Lt. or two that are even better." He smiles even bigger then turns away to continue stowing some of his gear in the locker. "You just be ready to do what you were trained to do and we are all going to be just fine, Nihl has seen some of the worst of this war and he will keep you safe. He doesn't give two s^&t's about me though so I am on my own."

Shadow walks over to Nihl's bunk now that he has gotten on board and drops off his bag. "Boss, I kept the X if you don't mind and I split the explosives 1 a piece and 2 each to you and Salvo for the grenades, unless you had any other plans and Needles is packing up all the medical equipment now. You need anything from us or can I clear them off to rest? Any chance you got a hold of that data card for me to take a look at?"
dadofett
Sub-Lieutenant
Sub-Lieutenant

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nihl answers Shadow: "Good work. Equipment split sounds fine. Let the boys rest for now....we're going to need them fresh. You on the other hand, we've got you on the low gun.... you better get down there."

As Nihl walks away toward the cockpit, he turns to add: "As far as that data... let's wait until the right time. I'm still feeling out the commander. He seems a little jittery."
Guardian_A
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

With a grimace, Bri'tan gives up on the idea of installing a secondary memory into Kage's dome. Turning, he heads for the cockpit.

Wedging himself into his pilots seat, he reaches for the intercom, "This is your captain speaking. Please make sure you have your gear, and yourselves secured before take off. We will be lifting off as soon as we have clearance." Flicking off the intercom, he turns to his display, checking the status of the preflight checklist before starting to warm up the sublight engines.

Looking over at Kage, "Kage, could you go find Daryn. We need to know where we're going."
Matthias777
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kage tootles in the affirmative, disengages from the copilot's station, wheels about, and zips off in search of the Jedi Knight. Upon finding him, he queries the young commander:

Code:
Mr. Medallea, your presence is requested in the cockpit.

If you are currently occupied, please supply our destination so that hyperspace routes may be calculated.

Kage waits for Daryn's response, ready to zip back off to the cockpit once he has the information needed.
Wisconsin Wookie
Line Captain
Line Captain

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 11:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Daryn
Just as Daryn loads the datacard and is about to bring up all the info, he hears Daevon's reply:  "I like the quiet human.  I'm still not sure about Lurk, but Bri'tan is friendly.  I did see him eyeing off the soldiers helmet, and your sabre.  You on the other hand, need to lighten up.  Consider those around you, and don't shove your abilities down their throats."Daryn lowers bracer and is about to reply to his padawan, as the droid rolls up and twitters something, Daryn eyes his display screen: Mr. Medallea, your presence is required in the cockpit.  If you are currently occupied, please supply our destination so that hyperspace routes may be calculated.Daryn sighs and realizes that the data may have to wait a moment or two.

Deavon
Daevon watches as Kage hurriedly rolls up to Daryn and displays a message.

Bri'tan
Bri'tan finds himself back in his domain - the pilot's chair of the Greased Nerf.  And he can't get the ship moving quick enough.  Out of the corner of his eye he sees Kage speed off to find Medallea.  Bri'tan sighs, enjoying the momentary quiet.  He notices the preflight checklist is completed and everything looks good.  All he needs is coordinates.  As he sits waiting, the base transmits another pre-arranged flight plan that the ship is to follow out.
Wisconsin Wookie
Line Captain
Line Captain

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2011 12:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nihl
Feeling good about finally getting underway, Nihl arrives at the cockpit and peeks in, seeing the portly Bith alone, typing a few keys on the instrument panel in front of him.

Shadow
On his way to the lower gunwell, Shadow grins, thinking about how nervous Needles is and remembering how antsy he was before his first action, not more than two years ago.  As he arrives at the ladder to the gunwell, he looks up and notices Lurk already in position.

Lurk
Lurk's call to the cockpit goes unanswered for now.   He can hear others talking in the hallway and realizes that perhaps the others haven't made it to their stations yet.The computer does not tell Lurk much that he didn't already know: The system contained little of note.  The main planet, bearing the same name as the system had a Type I atmosphere, which of course meant he would somehow need to replenish his supply of deathsticks.  Aside from that, the planet was fairly unremarkable.  It was out of the way.  It was trying to remain neutral in the war for now.  Other details about population and industry were there, but Lurk was already bored. 

Besides that, his thoughts drifted to the gun deal gone bad.  It was before his time serving with the Republic.  He had been sent to procure some weapons for his clan back on Uba.  He had set up a meeting with the Devaronian.  Lurk cracked a smile as he thought about the load of weapons he was supposed to pick up and the amount of money he was supposed to drop off.  The smile quickly faded as he remembered the ambush that wiped out the rest of his team and made off with the weapons...and the cash.

Where was a stiff drink when he needed one?  Just then, his thoughts are interrupted as one of the clones, the Lt., arrived at the gunwell.
Flyboy2002
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2011 1:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shadow nods to Lurk as he climbs down the to the lower gunwell and gets situated. "I hope we are in for a nice quiet ride. How was the ride in?" hoping to get the gruff fellow to open up a little bit since it is going to be a pretty long flight. He sets his helmet down next to the controls and starts to get acquainted with them, though this is not really his cup of tea.
Jedi Skyler
Moff
Moff

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2011 1:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

((OOC: Sorry for the delay. My phone was being hinky with receiving and sending. I tried five times yesterday to post and got nowhere.))

Daryn looks at his Padawan, pleasantly surprised by his candor. "Thank you. I will keep your advice in mind. However, I am not military, and am unfamiliar with such attempts to undermine authority. I thought it best to make my point swiftly, but spare the captain the embarassment of having that done in front of the other men." He shrugs. "Either way, we will deal with it as it comes. Let us board."

Daryn leads Daevon on board the ship. Heading for the cockpit, he hears Lurk's request for the data as Kage nearly bumps into his leg, beeping and flashing a message at him. Nodding, Daryn replies, "On my way there now. Thank you." He gives the droid an affectionate pat on his dome as he slips past the astromech and toward the cockpit.

Upon his arrival, Daryn announces his presence. "I am here, Captain. I am calling up the data as we speak. Would you like me to man Communications for the time being?"

Not waiting for an answer, he leans over the comm console and inputs a query into the computer for the ship's comm and intercom system. When he has it, he pulls out a headset comlink and tunes it to that frequency. Once set, he taps into the intercom. "I will be providing all personnel with copies of the data given us by Master Koon. That way we can all study it individually as well as en masse. Hopefully this will let us glean more clues from what is there. Copies will be forwarded as soon as we are on our way."

Looking at the captain Daryn adds, "If you would prefer me to man another station, I have your comm frequency saved in my comlink. I will be able to use the comm system remotely if needed."

Looking about he adds, "You know, there may be ways we can make your computer work more efficiently, freeing up valuable memory to speed up shipboard functions. If you would like to do so, perhaps we can look at it in flight sometime."
Matthias777
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2011 3:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kage beeps a brief acknowledgement and follows Daryn to the cockpit. Making his way back to the copilot's station, the droid impatiently waits for someone to give him a final destination. He had not one, but two hyperspace routes to calculate, and he wanted to get them done as quickly as possible so that he could monitor the ship's systems for that pesky power fluctuation. As Bri'tan warms up the sublights, Kage pays close attention to see if the power fluctuation rears its head again. Hearing Daryn volunteering to muck around with the Nerf's computer systems, Kage swivels his dome around to fix his photoreceptor on the young Jedi, making a rude noise as he does so. He might be one of those vaunted Jedi, but Kage didn't care if he was the Supreme Chancellor; nobody but he and Bri'tan were going to be screwing with the Nerf's systems if he had anything to say about it!
Guardian_A
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2011 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seeing the flight path displaying on his readout, he glances over his shoulder to see if anyone is looking. Feeling mischevious, he pulls back on the control yoke, gently easing the throttle up as the bulky ship lifts off the landing pad. Idly, he wonders how far he can get the Greased Nerf off the ground before anyone realizes that they arent on the ground anymore.

Half closing his eyes, he feels the ship respond to his commands. After a few short seconds, he is satisfied that the ship is responding exactly as he wants it to.

When the ship enters the pre-arranged flight path, he pushes the throttle forward. With a rush of adrenaline, he feels the ship lurch forward, the hum of the engine rising as the Greased Nerf begins to pick up speed.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> The Clone Wars: A New Threat - Wisconsin Wookie All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 45, 46, 47  Next
Page 18 of 47

Jump to: