The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Any interest in a Knights of the Old Republic era campaign?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> PbP Overview -> Any interest in a Knights of the Old Republic era campaign? Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Yinan
Sub-Lieutenant
Sub-Lieutenant

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So let me get this straight:
It's going to be a Forum RP (so wie post everything in a Thread in the Forum here). The players are part of the Sith Army. The players can be Sith apprentices (starting with dice in control etc.). It's going to play in the KoToR era around the time of Darth Bane. Did i got it right so far?

I would be kinda interested, but i have to say that i havn't played the SW D6 System so far (right know my P&P group wants to try it as a one-shot and see if we like it or not ^^), so my knowledge about the rules is pretty thin -.-
Would it be the SW v2 R&E version (only one i know)?
Guardian_A
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, it would be a play-by-post played here on the forums.

The story would be starting right after the Darth Bane destroyed the Sith Order. The characters would be either members of the Sith army or close associates of the Sith army who have gone to ground to avoid capture by the Galactic Republic/Jedi. Sith Soldiers, Sith Apprentaces, Mercenaries, Smugglers, Bounty Hunters, etc would all be acceptable choices so long as they were in the employ of the Sith when everything hit the fan, . . .

Yes, we will be using 2nd R&E for the game. You wont need to have extensive knowledge of the rules, but having a copy of the core rulebook to fall back on is HIGHLY recommended! I'll be happy to answer any questions you might have, or even help with character creation if you need it.
Stararmor
Ensign
Ensign

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well im game. I would be happy....it has been awhile since my last SW campaign.
Guardian_A
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah, and my gamer finally arrives. Welcome!

This leaves us at:
3 For Sure.
1 Unable to participate.
3 We havent heard back from yet.
Guardian_A
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just got a PM from another person who was interested, he's out due some personal stuff.

Here's what we have:
3 For Sure.
2 Unable to participate.
2 We havent heard back from yet.

If anyone else is interested, be sure to let me know! All are welcome! After all, this campaign can easily handle up to 10-15 characters!
Wisconsin Wookie
Line Captain
Line Captain

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I am one of the two we haven't heard back from yet. I've hesitated mostly because I have no knowledge of or experience in the time frame. And, like a few others have stated, the idea of playing a Sith or known Sith associate just didn't sit right.

That being said it is Star Wars and Guardian_A knows his stuff, so I am sure it will be entertaining. So I guess that is a long-winded way of saying, I'm in.
Guardian_A
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Exelent!

Now who do I need to talk with to get a forum set up?

PS: If anyone wants to read up on the time period in question, you can find some useful information by following these two links:
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Republic_Dark_Age
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Ruusan_campaign
Wisconsin Wookie
Line Captain
Line Captain

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 12:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guardian_A wrote:
Exelent!

Now who do I need to talk with to get a forum set up?

PS: If anyone wants to read up on the time period in question, you can find some useful information by following these two links:
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Republic_Dark_Age
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Ruusan_campaign

Loc Taal can set you up, I believe.

Do you want us to start talking characters yet, or wait for the thread?
Jedi Skyler
Moff
Moff

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 1:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad to hear you are in, Wookiee! Looks like things are shaping up.

Loc Taal is THE man to talk to. If he doesn't reply, try Scrawprin. They are they collective admin for the site. Usually Loc is right on top of things tho. Just send him a pm and he will get you set.

As for anyone with doubts or misgivings about playing this scenario, let me give a little insight I gleaned from the book Knight Errant. The Sith, as we all know, are not nice people. Lords have always ruled with an iron grasp, and their subjects paid the price. In the aforementioned book, there are merc groups who work-many freelance even-for the Sith Lords in their quests to expand their individual domains. Some of these merc groups were wholly behind the lord who hired them, but many were in it simply for the money, and also because they operated where they found themselves. Republic space was not that easily accessible because (if I remember correctly) many communications relays were allowed to fall in disrepair, and so trade routes fell unused or easy prey for pirates. Thus they became unsafe and mostly avoided. The occasional safe route did still exist but was not frequently used because of the great strife between Republic and Sith.

That being said, many of these merc groups were actually fairly smart and knew the Sith to be power crazed tyrants. Some were obviously smarter than others, but all craved exactly the same thing: Power, and more of it.

It is therefore not outside the realm of possibilities for individuals from one or several merc groups to take this golden opportunity to get the heck out of Dodge. It is also not impossible for younger Sith initiates to have had misgivings about their situation and decide to make a break for it...especially if Bane was getting rid of all Sith, save for he and his apprentice. These escaping Sith would want to live, rather than be exterminated for what they were. And if they had, for example, been working directly with a merc group to learn tactics and other combat arts, they would then have a logical tie to those who will be in this party. The mercs could have been working for a rival lord and, fearing reprisals based on that fact, decided to move closer to the Republic. There is still a vast region of space that is not firmly in the lap of the Republic that would lend itself to their exploits, and moving closer in would allow any Force-sensitives or users even, to have the chance to be picked up by a Knight or Master, and therefore receive proper instruction in the Force.

So don't feel too awkward about this campaign. Possibilities abound, my friends!

Last edited by Jedi Skyler on Wed Jan 25, 2012 4:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
Yinan
Sub-Lieutenant
Sub-Lieutenant

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 4:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

well, sounds interesting enough, I'm in then Very Happy (if you havn't counted me already ^^ don't know how you could otherwise get from 1/1/3 before to 3/1/3 after my and stararmors posts Very Happy).
Guardian_A
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 9:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Loc Taal has been contacted about starting a new forum for the game.

Yinan, yes, you've been counted!

You are welcome to start talking about your characters here. Keep in mind, your characters will know each other when the story begins, . . . Its up to you guys as to whether you are passing acquantences or if you are members of a single battle hardened unit.

Jedi Skyler, thanks for helping put things into perspective for everyone, its greatly appreciated.

In addition to what Skyler said, a lot of those serving with the Sith army were either drafted into the army, or they freely joined beleiving that they were fighting to protect their homes and loved ones. Just because you were fighting for the wrong side dosnt make you evil.
Yinan
Sub-Lieutenant
Sub-Lieutenant

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My Idea of the Character so far (just a first Draft, so don't expect to much ^^):

He startet out as a Mercenary in a Team he could trust, where he was the Demolition Expert (so he'll deal with demolition and will probably be throwing Granades and such).
On one Mission, there were some unforseen circumstances (havn't thought that through yet) and except for him, everyone on the Team died. That lead him to completely seal off all of his emotions. After that event, he would do everything to "get the job done", no matter what, but without being cruel or anything like that, he simply executes a mission as flawless as possible.
One of the Sith realized that he was force-sensetive and decided to put him into the Sith Academy. Unfortunately (for the Sith) he didn't bring the results they wanted, since he sealed away his emotions, so he couldn't bring out any of the rage or anger that kinda defined the sith and the dark side. So he only learned the basics really and what complemented his skill with all kind of explosions. He then "dropped out of Academy", but since he was still very useful for the Sith-Army, they kept him...

That would be the point where could could join the rest of the characters, they might be a mercenary stile group working for the sith-army or something like that...

That's just some first thoughts on the Character, basically he will have high Demolition and Granade throwing Skill. I would like to have with him some control and alter for force skills and Concentration and Telekinesis for force Powers (setting up explosives with telekinesis at difficult to reach places).

Any suggestions/criticism etc. so far? Very Happy

btw. i hope my english is understandable, I'm from germany and not completely confident in my english (especially grammar) ^ ^. Hope that won't be a problem ^^
Jedi Skyler
Moff
Moff

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yinan, your English is just fine. No worries!

My own thoughts for my character are running toward the Sith equivalent of the Young Jedi template. He is going to have Force abilities already developed, but not have been any farther along than having just recently been assigned to a Master. He will not have had the real heavy indoctrinations yet that a Sith apprentice undergoes normally; he will simply have been very strong in the Force. I'm envisioning him having been noticed later in life (late teens) by the Sith, which explains his age. He will have actually been able to learn certain things on his own because of his immense Force sensitivity, which will explain his stats in Force skills. I plan to talk some with Guardian about some of the specifics (certain skills, equipment, etc.) to work out a really good, yet plausible background. I'm also figuring him to have been sent to work with one of these Merc groups to learn things about commanding others and seeing it in action in the field, which will explain his being absent when his Master was killed.

It's still a work in progress, but I have a good bit of his back story floating around in my head.
Wisconsin Wookie
Line Captain
Line Captain

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 11:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like both of those. Right now I am thinking about a combat pilot in the Sith army who recently went AWOL. Maybe he saw something that uspset him or maybe he saw the writing on the wall and wanted to get out before the Sith were wiped out.

A few ideas that I'd look for some feedback on:
- Maybe he stole a ship as part of his escape?
- Maybe he went AWOL with one or more of the other characters? (Would seem to fit with Yinan's idea)
- I am also thinking he'll not be force-sensitive. In fact, maybe even annoyed by the force and the whole Jedi vs. Sith conflict. Could make for some interesting dynamics among the group.
Jedi Skyler
Moff
Moff

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2012 1:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You might make him more than just a fighter jock...perhaps a specialization in a coupke types of specific ships, or even in just one. The more versatile a pilot, the more mission types he could fulfill.

Plus, if he is experienced with space transpots in general, he will be able to have made off with a ship able to accommodate our entire crew. With the right background (and GM approval) you could manage a ship that holds not only all of us, but a fighter you could have stolen as well. The biggest problem with that would be us having Sith vessels. A transport is generic enough, but they had specific fighters, IIRC. We would have to either claim to have bought it as surplus, trade it for something like a Z-95 Headhunter, or just deal with anyone who has a problem with it. The issue there of course is our attempt to start a new life apart from the Sith way of doing things.

Just some possibilities, but plausible...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> PbP Overview All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: