The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Star Wars: The Old Republic starship stats
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Ships, Vehicles, Equipment, and Tech -> Star Wars: The Old Republic starship stats Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ZzaphodD
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2012 5:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

crmcneill wrote:
I know this isn't your fault, but whoever did the floorplan on this ship (as seen on the link) needs to be shot. What is very obviously a pair of engine exhausts on the external images is drawn up as a pair of airlocks on the floorplan. Perhaps the "leaps and bounds" included the invention of sublight and hyperdrives the size of a Crackerjack box.

But yeah, that even worse than the Gthroc airlock/engine exhaust issue...
Fallon Kell
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2012 6:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

crmcneill wrote:
What is very obviously a pair of engine exhausts on the external images is drawn up as a pair of airlocks on the floorplan.
On the flip side, they pressurize really fast!

I think the deckplan here is the result of misplaced priorities on the part of the artist, namely that of doing something new over that of doing something right.

Complete Starship Construction System
ZzaphodD
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2012 7:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fallon Kell wrote:
crmcneill wrote:
What is very obviously a pair of engine exhausts on the external images is drawn up as a pair of airlocks on the floorplan.
On the flip side, they pressurize really fast!

I think the deckplan here is the result of misplaced priorities on the part of the artist, namely that of doing something new over that of doing something right.

Well the fluff says its hard to board.. Whats harder to board then an engine exhaust... Laughing
Raven Redstar
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2012 7:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The problem with doing the ships set in TOR is that each of them has the exact same weaponry, hull rating, shields, & speed in game.

No ship starts with Proton Torpedos, it's a modification that is purchased at level 50.

The Rendili Light Corvette carries upwards of 10+ passengers in game by the end of the Consular storyline.

Every ship in the game carries at least 5 passengers, because every class has 5 companions +1 droid.
Lando The Archmagi
Cadet
Cadet

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2012 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Raven Redstar wrote:
The problem with doing the ships set in TOR is that each of them has the exact same weaponry, hull rating, shields, & speed in game.

No ship starts with Proton Torpedos, it's a modification that is purchased at level 50.

I understand they probably have all the same stats for the game (for balance and playability), but I'm not trying to copy the MMO as an RPG. I just want to see them stated up to use them in a TOR era style RPG.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
cheshire
Arbiter-General (Moderator)

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2012 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah, in that case you'll have a much easier time.
Lando The Archmagi
Cadet
Cadet

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2012 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cheshire wrote:
Ah, in that case you'll have a much easier time.

That's exactly why I play RPGs rather than rely on computer games/MMO games for social interaction. I tend to do loner or sometime partnered stuff for computer games. I want to social/roleplay in an actual RPG. Two different styles of play and two different sets of rules etc.

Been an RPGer for 30+ yrs, and own every version of Star Wars (huge SW fan). I've played/GMed every version to and GM tournaments even for Dragon*Con.

My favorite setting is the Old Republic/KOTOR/ToTJ timeline so that's why I really would like to either see this stuff done up or I'll try doing it myself eventually.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
cheshire

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2012 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

After giving this some thought, there is a possibility of eyeballing the freighters, particularly if they have deckplans (ones that aren't screwed up like the deckplan linked above) and get a ballpark figure for cargo, look at engines and assume that ones with larger engines are faster, and the like. It won't get you anything sure fire, of course, but it's at least something to go on.

I would take some time to decide where to go on the hyperdrives. The KOTOR CG has hyperdrives at x2. Absurd if you ask me, but what can you say? Do you continue with that trend, or do you break continuity by setting hyperdrives back to a x6, or maybe x5 for those speed demons? Smile
cheshire

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 9:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow. I've been looking through the Wiki for the game, and some of these look kind of hard to stat. The Dynamic class freighter looks like it's still in use, so starship tech can't have advanced THAT terribly much, or it wouldn't be a suitable ship. However, some of the more exclusive ships look like they've got some serious game unbalancing components. The mandalorian ship look like they have three separate generators for weapons, each capable of powering capital scale weapons. Granted you can off-set that with cost and making the ship illegal. The flavor text gives quite a lot of "wow factor" to the described ships, even if they are pretty much the same at starting level in terms of TOR game mechanics.

Anyone else have any thought as to what to do with these things?
Raven Redstar
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 10:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, passenger totals can be figured by playing each class through to 50 and find out how many non-companion NPCs you have with you. Then just try to stat them logically.

If you can find pictures of the bridge on each ship, you can count the stations to find out crew requirements.

Each of the ships only has forward firing weapons. Which is a bit of a hindrance of it's own.

I would use the hyperdrive stats equivalents from the KoTOR books, keeping fast ships around a x2 and the others around x3.

The deck plans for each will be useless, since like the Ebon Hawk, they're designed to not be too complex for running around in game.

-More to be said soon...
Azai
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also, I think we should keep in mind that since all of these ships are for the player characters we could consider them to be 'beefed' up. Like I know for the Trooper they get their ship from the Republic so it may have been 'improved' from the stock.

And you could also assume on the smugglers storyline line he/she could have made a lot of adjustments to it already before you actually get the ship.
Falcon79
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2012 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay This is What The XS looks like on Saga Edition.Com its more resonanable the the stats above, remember the XS is suposed to be a Top-of-The-Line Model in fluff, also remember that earlier WEG/TotJ fluff mentions that the period is more dangerous the the later pre clone wars era, so civilian ships are mor heavily armed then in later periods.

As far as sensors Dhawk has about right what i'd include as operating modes, but sheild should be as in Gry and Cheshire KoTOR Book Conversion PDF

One thing folks here are forgetting is while in some components preformance maches that of later era conterparts, they will be MORE MASSIVE, then later componants for what they can do (I've Devised Rules for this..... I'll see if i can find and post them).... also the XS seems pretty big for a light freighter.

Here arm my "Age Modifier Rules" for Starship Components to give perspective...

Age Modifier (Optional Rule)

Sets the time period for when the starcraft was built OR the
level of standard for any replacement systems installed after
construction.

Quote:
Time Period Age Modifier
Mass Modifier/Cost Modifier (listed by time period, below):
Old Republic x1.2 to x9/x0.8 to x0.1
Clone War x1.1/x0.9
New Order x1/x1
New Republic x0.9/x1.1
Dark Empire x0.8/x1.2
New Jedi Order x0.7/x1.3
Legacy (Early) x0.6/x1.4
Legacy (Late) x0.5/x1.5
so i the the middle ground of like this stat block below converted to d6 for all the converted ships should be followed

http://saga-edition.com/category/ships/

Quote:
The classic freighter has advanced by leaps and bounds since the Dynamic-class freighters from the days of the Jedi Civil War. The freighter is larger and more versatile than its predecessors, and the XS Stock Light model also features a variety of significant upgrades that make it one of the fastest and most nimble ships in the galaxy.

If the captain prefers to avoid being boarded, the XS has proven itself to be fully capable. In addition to the standard laser and torpedo batteries, the starship is designed with upper and lower turrets that can be controlled manually or remotely from the cockpit.

Captains of these freighters typically live on board, so the XS Stock Light has all the creature comforts anyone could ask for, from a recreational lounge to extra sleeping quarters. It’s no wonder that it inspires such loyalty in its owners.

The ship possesses a hypertransceiver and a fully functional medical suite.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Corellian XS Stock Light Freighter CL 7
Colossal space transport
Init -3; Senses Perception +5

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Defense Ref 14 (flat-footed 12), Fort 26; +12 armor
hp 120; DR 15; Threshold 76

Speed fly 12 squares (max. velocity 800 km/h), fly 3 squares (starship scale)
Ranged 2 laser cannons +1 (see below) and
proton torpedoes +3 (see below)
Fighting Space 12×12 or 1 square (starship scale); Cover total
Base Atk +0; Grp +36
Atk Options autofire (laser cannons)

Abilities Str 42, Dex 14, Con –, Int 12
Skills Initiative -3, Mechanics +5, Perception +5, Pilot -3, Use Computer +5

Crew 2 (normal); Passengers 6
Cargo 100 tons; Consumables 2 months; Carried Craft none
Payload 6 proton torpedoes
Hyperdrive x1.5 (backup x10), navicomputer
Availability Licensed; Cost 100,000 (38,000 used)

Double laser cannons (gunner)
Atk +1 (-4 autofire), Dmg 4d10×2
Proton Torpedoes (pilot)
Atk +3, Dmg 9d10×2, 4-square splash

For upgrade purposes, the XS Stock Light has 8 unused emplacement points.

director_slayton
Cadet
Cadet

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Personally I wouldn't mind seeing more ships from this source, they look interesting.
CRMcNeill
Director of Engineering
Director of Engineering

Location: Redding System, California Sector, on the I-5 Hyperspace Route.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

director_slayton wrote:
Personally I wouldn't mind seeing more ships from this source, they look interesting.

They really do. It's too bad that they are several thousand years removed from the Classic Era.

The CRMcNeill Stat/Rule Index
director_slayton
Cadet
Cadet

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2012 2:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm..what are the odds that you can find a ship from that era somewhere in the 'verse with it's spaceframe still spaceworthy and solid?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Ships, Vehicles, Equipment, and Tech All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: