The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

BEHOLD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> General Star Wars -> BEHOLD!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Morpheus Grifullkin
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2005 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes it is.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Endwyn
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2005 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I couldn't imagine spending money on a WotC book for just a map....especially considering how useless the rest of the book would be to me.
That's improbable?
And the Empire will be destroyed by..EWOKS!
That's...highly unlikely.
The Force? Bacteria called midichlorians.
If you don’t take this seriously I'm out.
Kehlin Yew
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2005 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Look man, no one else said you had to agree... -I- said along time ago that i would provide a map......

I found a readable map...
Posted it...
and yes, i believe it was for Kage, so sorry Kage, ill keep lookin for ya...

and im very sorry that you wouldn't spend money for a map... >_>
Endwyn
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2005 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kehlin Yew wrote:
Look man, no one else said you had to agree... -I- said along time ago that i would provide a map......

I don't have a problem with you helping him find a map. I just want to make sure everyone here realizes who made the map and that the creator gets credit since someone deleted his information. And no matter what you may think, the creator DOES deserve cretit for his hard work. Other than the creator not getting credit I have no issues.

Kehlin Yew wrote:
and im very sorry that you wouldn't spend money for a map... >_>

I would spend money for a map. I wouldn't spend money for a book if the only thing in it I would use is a map. Not sure if your sense of humor isn't coming across in your post or if you just failed to actually read what I said.

Endwyn wrote:
Well, I couldn't imagine spending money on a WotC book for just a map....especially considering how useless the rest of the book would be to me.

Would you spend $34.95 for a map? I wouldn't. Yes there is more book there, but like I said the rest of the book is useless to me. So, for me, it would be $34.95 for a map.
That's improbable?
Kehlin Yew
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2005 11:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

had the one with the logo on it been a clear map... i would have posted it and gave props to him....... yet... it wasn't clear... so i didn't use it...

and we bought the book because we were going to try it... and when i tried to make a character... i got through the naming part... and saw everything else... wadded the sheet up and threw it away...

but i am trying to find a scan of their map...
Endwyn
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2005 12:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not trying to pick a fight with you. Let's get that out of the way.

Kehlin Yew wrote:
had the one with the logo on it been a clear map... i would have posted it and gave props to him....... yet... it wasn't clear... so i didn't use it...

The map does look blurry in a browser, but it's because there's just soooooo much data in that picture. If you download the picture to your desktop and then view it through a picture viewing program it stops "jumping". You should try it, it is a much more complete version of that map.

Kehlin Yew wrote:
and we bought the book because we were going to try it... and when i tried to make a character... i got through the naming part... and saw everything else... wadded the sheet up and threw it away...

Sorry you didn't get to use the book. Look on the bright side, at least you didn't buy the first edition only to have it replaced so quickly with a revised rule book. I hope you find a use for it. My WotC book is, well, in a closet somewhere. Perhaps sacraficing itself to save my clothes from the threat of moths? One can hope it does something useful........
That's improbable?
Morpheus Grifullkin
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2005 1:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Believe me theres more to the book then useing the map. Its hard to write up a d20 charecter sheet for me that is.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Endwyn
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2005 1:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Morpheus Grifullkin wrote:
Believe me theres more to the book then useing the map. Its hard to write up a d20 charecter sheet for me that is.

I know there's more in there, but I don't play D20 - don't like D20, and don't want to pay for D20; hence I have one book....and never use it. I gave WotC a chance and they came up lacking. Their D&D system is not a good system for Star Wars. It's not cinematic, the system leans heavily towards combat, and has other issues. For one the skill system, you basicly get x number of skills maxed out when you start. As you advance in levels you get only enough skill points to increase the those skills by one point a level. So, gameplay naturally increases so that difficulty numbers increase. If you pay attention, you always have the same chance to do x no matter what level you are.....mostly. The bigger problem for me is that multiclassing is well, a shot in the foot. My favorite concepts are the ones that evolve over time...and those concepts get screwed by the system.

I can understand likeing D6 more.
That's improbable?
Morpheus Grifullkin
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2005 2:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I played D&D before and did not like it. It was the 2 Edition didin't like it what so ever. then after D&D my dad and his friends were playing Cyber punk and i started playing that when i was 12 Years old. Cyber punk is cool but i lost my CP charecter sheet so i can't play. after that i got in to starwars and i been playing that for 5 Yrs and my first starwars charecter was a greater wolfen,blue hair,blue eyes, and then when my cousin came down to live with us for a few years he got to playing and he wanted to out roll my charecter in battle. I still won but my charecter died anyways. now i'm playing 1 Bounty Hunter Male, Master Jedi Female, Younger Wolfen Male, and 3 Others.
Endwyn
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2005 3:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really enjoy D6.........

My favorite part has to be how easy it is to just get people to play and understand things that have never seen an RPG before. Much easier than breaking out many other systems.
That's improbable?
Morpheus Grifullkin
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2005 4:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Exactly I played a RPG game online called Ultima Online for 9 yrs then another person i knew wanted to play it so i gave him the CD and the patchs and he got on my dads shard and it was up for not even a year and it went down because of staff members f*** up, Encluding me i was not a staff but i cheated alot. But i still am playing that game but i'm on alot uo shards alot.I'm mainly on a PVP,PVM,RP shard now.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> General Star Wars All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: