The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

So, in tonight's episode...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Adventures and Campaigns -> So, in tonight's episode...
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Trusty
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2005 6:03 pm    Post subject: So, in tonight's episode... Reply with quote

Well, after some heroic flying, the PC's freighters were able to hug a capital ship avoiding it's weaponry, and made it into the hanger bay with only five people on one ship and four on the other...because they want the ship...even though it has a crew of 3500. Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

Now, they also, before the heroic flying, were able to knock out the shield generator' with heroic shooting, enabling them to land in the hanger bay in the first place.

Now, this is Star Wars at it's finest, I mean, if four people can romp around a Death Star, why can't the PC's walk aroung a Destroyer ran by pirates? Laughing Hehehe. They'll soon find out. But as of now, they have one huge problem. They knocked out the shields, the hanger bay door is open, and there is no oxygen in the hanger bay...and the crew of the ship has no intention of closing the bay doors to make their life easier. So there they are, where we left off last week. And they only have 5 wimpy space suits...so not all of the nne can do much at this point.

The first few die rolls will be to keep the ship stable in zero-G and not float to the top of the hanger bay and accidently ram it. Oh dear...are they in for it. Twisted Evil I'll post and tell y'all how it goes. Bear in mind they are on a pirate ship, and most of the crew's stats are in the 4D range...but 3500??? We'll see how sneaky they can be...if they even make it out of the hanger.
Ray
Commodore
Commodore

Location: Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada, North America, Western Hemisphere, Earth, Sol, Western Arm, Milky Way

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2005 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MagCon (Magnetic Containment, or Enviromental) shields are usually run from local generators to prevent the landing bay from being explosed to vaccum when the shield generators (One of the primary targets in an assault) go down.

But the Pirates could have just turned 'em off to make the PC's life more difficult. Or, even worse, just didn't bother to maintain them, and tore 'em out, and forced crews to work in vaccum on the fighters/freighters. It's not like they're made of money after all.

3500 against PCs. Sounds about even odds, really. 'Course, the PCs in my mind are the B.O.B. crew. Twisted Evil
Kehlin Yew
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2005 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, maglocks... (where in oklahoma... we rename them... its our excuse..)

but then if their maglocked down.. they have no chance of escaping.....

remember the part in EpIII where anakin shot the shield gen and they landed and automatically bounced out of the cockpit? they were safe...

there should be light shields containing the bay
Ray
Commodore
Commodore

Location: Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada, North America, Western Hemisphere, Earth, Sol, Western Arm, Milky Way

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2005 11:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

*Smacks Head*

Landing Bays have two sets of shields. Internal MagCon Shields (For holding in atmosphere. It's not so good at heat, however.) and External Partical Shields (Which prevent some smart SOB from just easily popping a Missile into the bay and doing *A LOT* of damage. Fuel, Munitions, Generators, Etc. are all in the landing bay!).

They're also, more often than not, strong enough to deflect a starfighter as well. Hense Ani having to shoot the projector to give them access to the bay.

That's from a combination of the novels, Wing Commander (Hey, it has Mark Hamil in it!), and a large number of other Sci-Fi novels.
Trusty
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2005 1:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I caught that. But they were deactivated. They had space suits. ANyway, through courageous fighting, great security, computer prg/rpr, and Cap Ship rpr rolls; they actually took the ship. Killed 1,037 (amazing game tonight...I did my best to kill the PC's even!)...hired the rest through persuasion, bargaining, and intimidation rolls.

They now have a nice capital ship and a semi-lousy crew of which about half are loyal and the other half are a little more iffy right now though. We shall see.

Our characters are hitting their high point. Time to knock 'em down next week. Very Happy
Ray
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2005 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My suggestion to the PCs is that they stock copious amounts of Rum.

Worked in the old days!
Morpheus Grifullkin
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2005 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't you hate it when somebody talks about something way different or something wrong then what the other guys are talking about. I play in a different time where theres thease weird @$$ monsters that i never even saw.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Adventures and Campaigns All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: