The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Looking for "fishy" Races
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Gamemasters -> Looking for "fishy" Races
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Henrik.Balslev
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 9:24 am    Post subject: Looking for "fishy" Races Reply with quote

For a while now I've though about creating a Pirate NPC crew based on the crew of Davey Jones, from Pirates of the Caribbean, mainly for the fun of it, but also because I think it could be an interesting encounter, but I want to keep the aquatic feel of the crew, so I'm trying to keep it to the races who have a definate fishy look to them.

So far I've come up with only these.

Quarren - this will be the captain, called D'vey J'nzz of course
Selkath
Mon Calamari
Herglic
Nautolan (not sure if this one is fishy enough)
Gungan (yeah not exactly what I envishion for a scary aquatic pirate crew)

do any of you know of any other aquatic races that would fit in my crew?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Bren
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 9:52 am    Post subject: Re: Looking for "fishy" Races Reply with quote

Henrik.Balslev wrote:
Take a look here.

Also, if you give the Gungan an eye-patch (or a metal occular implant) and a curved vibroblade hook-hand he or she will look much scarier.
Henrik.Balslev
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 10:28 am    Post subject: Re: Looking for "fishy" Races Reply with quote

Bren wrote:
Take a look here.

Also, if you give the Gungan an eye-patch (or a metal occular implant) and a curved vibroblade hook-hand he or she will look much scarier.

thanks Smile
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
cheshire
Arbiter-General (Moderator)

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now that's a lot of fishies.
vanir
Jedi

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 7:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Our game's PC party has a lot of tough cat aliens, like Horansi and Farghul, I think they'd like very much being pirated by some fish people, sort of a supper time adventure break Very Happy
Fallon Kell
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2012 12:53 am    Post subject: Re: Looking for "fishy" Races Reply with quote

Bren wrote:
Henrik.Balslev wrote:
Take a look here.

Yeah, I'd say more than that. Davey Jones' crew was half-man, half-fish. That was part of the horror. A gungan head, arm, and half a torso atop half a droid chassis, cyborged to the point that neither could exist without the other, a mechanical eye, a biological bone and blood vessels exposed between metallic components in the leg, that's how you make a gungan scary.

Complete Starship Construction System
cheshire
Arbiter-General (Moderator)

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2012 8:27 am    Post subject: Re: Looking for "fishy" Races Reply with quote

Fallon Kell wrote:

Yeah, I'd say more than that. Davey Jones' crew was half-man, half-fish. That was part of the horror. A gungan head, arm, and half a torso atop half a droid chassis, cyborged to the point that neither could exist without the other, a mechanical eye, a biological bone and blood vessels exposed between metallic components in the leg, that's how you make a gungan scary.

AAAAAAAAAAAHHH! Kill it! Kill it with FIRE!
Barrataria
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2012 2:27 pm    Post subject: Re: Looking for "fishy" Races Reply with quote

Bren wrote:
Henrik.Balslev wrote:
Take a look here.

Avast, me boyos! Meesa gonna boardin your ship and takins your goodies!
Bren
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 2:18 am    Post subject: Re: Looking for "fishy" Races Reply with quote

Barrataria wrote:
Avast, me boyos! Meesa gonna boardin your ship and takins your goodies!
Now I'm scared. Laughing
Fallon Kell
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 2:34 pm    Post subject: Re: Looking for "fishy" Races Reply with quote

cheshire wrote:
Kill it! Kill it with FIRE!
Why thank you, Cheshire! Very Happy

Complete Starship Construction System
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Gamemasters All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: