The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Sectors, Clusters, and what planets go where
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> The Rancor Pit Users/Forums Info -> Sectors, Clusters, and what planets go where Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Boomer
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2005 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, it seems there is no perfect map. But you guys are all great, just great.

Kageryu, you mention making a PDF map that includes the best qualities of each map. Will that include travel times and astrogation information like that one horribly placed map.

Seriously, need to find out how they made that one, than start putting everything in the right locations. That's what I'd like to do.
to finance my 'vette!
Morpheus Grifullkin
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2005 9:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

All i can find in the Starwars D20 is the map of The Galaxy. If its not that one then kehlin will know.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
KageRyu
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2005 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Boomer wrote:
Yes, it seems there is no perfect map. But you guys are all great, just great.

Kageryu, you mention making a PDF map that includes the best qualities of each map. Will that include travel times and astrogation information like that one horribly placed map.

Seriously, need to find out how they made that one, than start putting everything in the right locations. That's what I'd like to do.

I might try to sort out travel times and such, but as there are so many discrepencies in travel times, i think they are best left to serve the plot.
Boomer
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2005 11:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wouldn't call the descrepancies a problem, as much as they are a part of life.

I mean, try getting travel times for one point to another on earth. Easy, right?
to finance my 'vette!
Kehlin Yew
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2005 7:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok... we just gamed untill 5:30 am... i looked a the map on page 209/210 of WotC Revised Core Rulebook, and it has the planets positioned... and on page 207/208 it has the travel times from place to place based on a set hyperdrive...
Grimace
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2005 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah...a main map. Good luck!

Nav Computer is the best map so far, with the guy really going out of his way to verify the locations of the planets with at least two other sources. Some, I think, he fudges on.

I've got a monster project that is similar to what you mentioned, KageRyu, and it is a HUGE project to get the information that you are talking about. Thus far I have listings for over 80 sectors and somewhere around 700 planets. Some of those planets have systems listed, some even have sectors listed, but there are a substantial chunk that do not, and therein lies the problem with trying to make an "official" map. That is why I'm basing my map on the original "slice" version of the galaxy shown in the D6 book. I'm working on coming up with a map, and collecting all of the information needed, but right now I'm probably only about 30% done and I've already put in many hours of work on it.

If you're going to attempt it, I suggest figuring out well ahead of time what you want on there and how much information you're planning on including. When I'm done, I want the information from the assorted game books, and I'm going to leave large sections open for players/GMs to through in worlds, stars and probably even sectors of their own. I'm even contemplating putting in some of the more well known fan-made sectors, like Servias and such.

Sadly, right now, my main computer with all of the information is packed away, so I can't give you what information you are looking for. I can only tell you good luck, and if you have questions, feel free to ask and in a month or so, I might be able to answer them when I have access to my own computer.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> The Rancor Pit Users/Forums Info All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: