The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

A Spark in the Darkness - IC Chapter II
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Fading Light - vong -> A Spark in the Darkness - IC Chapter II Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 20, 21, 22  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jedi Skyler
Moff
Moff

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 11:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zinn replies, "Because, sir, the more matches we have to the various races we have in our squad, the more easily someone will be able to make us. A Wookiee and a Gand are harder to disguise as another race, so it makes more sense to dye their hair and alter their clothing. For you though, sir, you're a lot closer in size to a human; while we definitely could and should dye your fur, I also think it'd be wise to have you completely concealed. Also, some or all of the rest of us could be altered to look humanoid, rather than human." He shrugs. "It's like using a camo net to change the lines of your fighter when you're dirtside; you don't just drape it over your fighter. You use poles to change its overall shape so it can't be easily seen from the air or the ground. The more ways we can change our team's profile, the harder it'll be for anyone to peg us for who we are."
Hellcat
Grand Moff
Grand Moff

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 12:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"The Empire regulary used Shistavanens to hunt down criminals and us Rebels during Palpatine's reign do to our tendency's towards being scouts and bounty hunters," Garolf points out. "Seems likely this Peace Birgade would put Shistavanens to work hunting down Jedi. If we go in as a team they certainly will get suspicious. But if we go in as individuals or in pairs that could reduce the suspicions. And Orrallyn could enter as a Findsman hunting Jedi."

Garolf thinks about it for a minute and then let's out a laugh.

"Ah, now that would be irony, Orrallyn claiming to be a Jedi hunter. Perhaps even Rownn could claim such a thing. And all along their really Jedi themselves."

Then he gets serious.

"But we also have to consider Tiny. I expect the New Republic will probably execute him without a trial right now despite any assurances he'll get one. This whole dark side deal does make some beings a little loose with the trigger, especially when those under it's sway are in a helpless state as Tiny currently is. Rylah would certainly be willing to give him proper medical treatment. But there are others who might be will to take advantage of his current situation. Introduce an agent into his bacta bath that could kill him in his weakened state. He does survive and does get a trial I plan on trying to do something to maybe keep him alive, even if it is just hiring someone to defend him.

"But when I say consider Tiny we have to consider the possibility he's allowed to live and remain a part of this team. This mission at this time could jeopardize any kind of freedom he might get even with something in place to state we were on a covert ops. Someone would have to reign him in, keep him for committing any kind of crime that would violate a possible probation."

Wanted Poster
Jedi Skyler
Moff
Moff

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 1:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"That, and how the deuce do we disguise him?"
vong
Jedi

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 7:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ooc: Remember, he was not part of the ceremony, and really has not been let out of the bacta tank... its not public that Tiny is part of your team... he is mostly known as a criminal to anyone doing a light background check.

PM me if you want user created content uploaded to my site: http://databank.yvong.com/index.php
Ankhanu
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 10:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Master Rownn says that the distinguishing features of each individual of the group are less of an issue in identification than composition. He says that while we each could look like other individuals of our species, the composition of humans, a Shistavanen, a Wookiee, an Ubese, and a Gand traveling together is somewhat unusual and cause for scrutiny. As individuals, disguise and infiltration will not be a problem, as a team, however, it may be much more difficult. He suggests that perhaps we should consider breaking into pairs, operating from different angles, rather than as a singular entity. This would break up the uniformity of the group composition and hopefully reduce suspiscion."

"Alternatively, we could take on a different mission profile. Lt. Eckmire, Master Rownn requests some time for the group to consider the mission, and for you to research other mission options, in case the group may be more of a liability than a boon in this mission."

Donate to Ankhanu Press
vong
Jedi

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 11:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rylah chimes in "Actually, I think that I am going to be leaving the team. Don't think my medical skills will be put to use in an infiltration mission and this team is a bit strange... even for me. You have Jedi, wannabe Jedi, not a Jedi Sith. I don't see this melting pot as a safe place to be, so I will apply for a transfer elsewhere. Now at least you dont have an Ubese following the group around."

ooc: I sent a PM to Orrallyn, so I might be subbing him out of the group as well. The new PC I had lined up for you guys has been AFK for 2 weeks now so he might not even be introduced Razz

PM me if you want user created content uploaded to my site: http://databank.yvong.com/index.php
Jedi Skyler
Moff
Moff

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zinn blinks in surprise; although Rylah had been mostly apart from the team during their ordeal, she'd still been there through it all. He was saddened by the fact that she was feeling like there was no place for her with them, and a bit worried by the fact the team was losing a competent medic.

"It's unfortunate you feel that way, Rylah," Zinn says aloud. "Especially if Tiny survives this ordeal and is allowed to continue on as part of our unit; he seemed to be developing an attachment to you that might have served him in overcoming this dark side experience he's had- with, of course, Rownn and Orrallyn's guidance.

"If you are set on leaving, might you perhaps give us a crash-course in some field medicine before you're transferred? If we're losing our medic, we're going to need those skills. Unless, of course, Lt. Eckmire will be able to get another medic assigned to us. Even if we're working in small groups, I figure we'll still be having communication amongst ourselves, and if we get into any bad scrapes we'll need someone around who can keep us alive and fighting."
vong
Jedi

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

She nods to the pilot and says "I need some time off from our last ordeal anyways. I will be in charge of Tiny's recovery to full health, and probably act as the base physician until you guys head off. At that point who knows where the celestial winds will take me. I don't mind having a nurse on hand to help me out." she says with a hint of laughter in her voice.

Hellcat
Grand Moff
Grand Moff

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 2:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"You will be missed, angel of mercy," Garolf says, using the same term he'd used when the team was first formed. "Of course this does mean you'll probably end up having to kowtow to someone barking orders, Lt. Cailah since you won't be a part of a rogue unit anymore.

"Oh and if you happen to end up with that bounty hunter Kazdan on your operating table, maybe you could give him a slight personality adjustment. Make him more of a team player. Force knows he wasn't much of one for our team."

Garolf then turns his attention to Rownn.

"I fully agree with you about a different mission profile. And about our breaking down into smaller elements if we do go on this mission. But with our team medic leaving that's going to leave five of us. Maybe six if Tiny get's a trial and gets to remain on the team after the trial. Right now it's yourself, Orrallyn, Jo, the rocket jockey, and myself. Jo and I are certainly old friends, but if we go in in pairs maybe have him and Lt. Valimar as a pair. Two humans together might not draw as much attention as a human and a Shistavanen, or a human and a Wookiee, or a human and a Gand. We then have the slight probalem of the three of us remaining, do we go in as a trio or as one individual and a pair? If we go in as an individual and a pair, perhaps you should be the individual and Orrallyn and myself are the pair. If Tiny does get a trial and get's to remain on our team, I'd like you to take him as your partner if that is okay with you."

Wanted Poster
vong
Jedi

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rylah nods and says "It was fun while I was around. I am hoping I get a posting on a base further back, where I will be ideally the ranking medical on the base. Can kick up and not worry about having my head shot off, or being squished by a crazy Esoomian for a while."

Ankhanu
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rownn nods to Rylah, "Master Rylah, Master Rownn thanks you for your help in the past two missions, and hopes you get what you deserve."

He nods to Garolf, "Master Rownn says that it has been his intent to maintain his duty to watch over and instruct Master Tiny, Sir."

Donate to Ankhanu Press
vong
Jedi

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 8:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lt Eckimire nods and says "It seems you guys are willing to do the mission, but would like to work on your infiltration technique. I will leave this to you so you can think over it, and we can reconvene after Tiny's trial when you will be moved to another location. Until that time I have given you room assignments, but you will all have to have a room mate. I will let you decide who bunks with who. For now I will attempt to get some more intel on the Peace Brigade, and see if I can get someone assigned to your group to help out with the infiltration part of your mission."

He goes to Garolf and hands him a datapad containing the two rooms issued to the four of you and says "May the Force be with you" and walks out of the room.

ooc: Feel free to do as much RPing as you want, when you are ready just post a summary of what you want to do over the next month (should involve the training that you are spending CPs on) and that will get us up to the Trial timeline.

vong
Jedi

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 10:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The team disperses from the meeting and goes about their business. Many are tired from the slew of recent fighting so the first bit is mostly spent reacting. Rownn has open heart surgery the next day to repair his heart. After a few days of bed-rest, Rownn convinces the staff to all him to sit in front of the tank that contains Tiny. There is where he spend the next month un-moving in deep meditation. The nurses continue to bring him bland food, which Rownn eats as he continues his atonement.

Zinn is the first to get started on his training, being prompted by Rylah to "Get his rear to the med bay" The ship has a steady flow of wounded soldiers, and the last pockets of resistance on the planet below are found and killed. He spends about 6 hours a day in the medical bay, and another 6 hours with a teaching droid trying to learn Sherriwook. Garolf sits in on a few of these lessons picking up a few more things as they go along. Zinn does notice that Rownn is sitting in bascailly the same spot every time he drops by the med bay seemingly staring at Tiny the whole time only talking to a nurse when she comes with food. This is the first inkling that he has that Jedi training may be much harder, and different then he had originally thought.

Garolf spends the first week or so voulnteering his services to work with the refugees to find out what they want, and sending requisitions up command to get it. Slowly but surely the refugees are all taken off the ship to either relatives, or refugee camps. After that, Garolf spends much of this time on the range, honing his confidence in his abilities more then his actual abilities.

About two weeks in, Jo is finally taken out of the bacta tank. While his bones and muscles have healed, he has trouble walking. The doctor informs him that he will have a lot of physio to do to get back in shape, as the wounds he suffered were quite severe. Shortly into that conversation it is disovered that Jo also has some amnesia. While he remembers his name, he does not recall Garolf and thinks that he is a nurse to assist with the physio. A neuro scan indicates that there was some damage to his brain, and it is unknown if he will get all his memories back intact. Garolf works with his friend assisting in the physio and eventually some of his memory does start to come back and remembers that Garolf is his friend, but not all the missions that they have worked on together.

A week later Orrallyn receives a commnicé that he is needed to return to his home planet to give advice to their leader. It is being discussed wither they will be vacating one of their trading posts above the planet and donate it to the New Republic for the purpose of a refugee camp. As one of the few Gand who are all of Findsman, Jedi and have faced the Vong, his input is required. He expresses his apologies to the group, but promises to return when he can.

About a week before the trial is set to start Garolf calls a meeting with the group. The team gathers in the appointed briefing room to see what he wishes to discuss.

ooc: You can post yourselves arriving to the meeting then Garolf can take over when he gets online this evening.

DarkCorellon
Ensign
Ensign

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Almost two Standard hours before the meeting is scheduled to start, a short, grey-carapaced verpine arrives. Without activating the room's artificial light and seemingly unconcerned at the absence of others, Takii Zetek unfolds his bag in the corner and begins to work.

Using nanoweave scouring cloths, he systemically removes one bullet from its plastic packaging and cleans it carefully. To a human eye each round might already be spotless, but apparently that is not enough. After cleaning each individual bullet, he places them into a clip and stows them back into one of his several bags.

After cleaning each piece of ammunition, Takii begins the same work on his tools. From hydrospanners to microprobes to utility vibroblades, each piece is carefully cleansed of invisible dirt and corrosion, until the verpine is seated in a nest of immaculate equipment. When all this is done, he carefully puts away everything in its assigned place. With still some time to wait, he sits silently and motionlessly; his only indications of life is the slow, rhythmic movement of his thoric carapace and the occasional refreshing of his black, compound eyes.
Guardian_A
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Half an hour to spare, Anala thinks to herself as she reaches the meeting room. Checking her stelth suit one more time, she opens the door and steps inside. Looking around the darkened room, she is surprised to see a Verpine already there. She gives a noncommental "Hi" while she takes in her surroundings. Without another word, she moves to stand quietly in a corner where she isnt as likely to be noticed while she waits for the rest of the crew to arrive (Stealth 6D, Stealth Suit 2D).
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Fading Light - vong All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 20, 21, 22  Next
Page 3 of 22

Jump to: