The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Stats for the SSV Nomandy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Ships, Vehicles, Equipment, and Tech -> Stats for the SSV Nomandy
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Henrik.Balslev
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 4:42 pm    Post subject: Stats for the SSV Nomandy Reply with quote

Hey - I'd like to hear your ideas for stats for this ship.

anyone want to take a stab at it?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
CRMcNeill
Director of Engineering
Director of Engineering

Location: Redding System, California Sector, on the I-5 Hyperspace Route.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What's the reference? Where is the ship from?

The CRMcNeill Stat/Rule Index
Henrik.Balslev
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I feel abit silly for not posting this before lol

http://masseffect.wikia.com/wiki/SSV_Normandy
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Guardian_A
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its the Normandy from the Mass Effect series.

That said, which ship are you looking for stats for? The SR1 or SR2?

Its fast and nimble, with great stealth technology, but the game always made it feel like it was lightly armed and the armor always felt flimsy. As for actually stating it, I'd be a bit out of my depth.
Nico_Davout
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is the ship from "the new" Star Wars of XXI century Smile.

Henrik.Balslev - do you play LeD6's Mass Effect?

Han Solo shot first, midichlosomething do not exist, Rebel Alliance was created as in the WEG books and indoctrination theory is the true ending of ME3.
vanir
Jedi

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's a nice looking ship to model a corvette on, if a military warship, or a light cruiser if a civilian job.
jmanski
Arbiter-General (Moderator)

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah, the Normandy. She's a fine ship. I agree with Guardian A's statement. The Normandy always seemed a little weak in combat. But since combat was geared for 3rd person shooting, the combat effectiveness of the Normandy was not important (she was just a vehicle to get you from point A to point B).
Guardian_A
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jmanski wrote:
Ah, the Normandy. She's a fine ship. I agree with Guardian A's statement. The Normandy always seemed a little weak in combat. But since combat was geared for 3rd person shooting, the combat effectiveness of the Normandy was not important (she was just a vehicle to get you from point A to point B).

Yeah, in the game, it always felt like she could hide from almost anything, and what she couldnt hide from, she could outrun. On the flip side, every time she fired on something, it was barley enough to annoy the enemy, and she always took a hit like an egg off a skyscraper.
Henrik.Balslev
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Either would be fine Smile when i first saw the ship online I had an idea for using it for a bounty hunters ship, but then I realized it would probably a bit too big - any version you want to do is fine by me - but from what I hear you saying, it seems more suited for a civillian ship, or a light scout if its a military ship.

from what i can tell off the wiki there is an occupancy of about 50 ppl, with or without passengers, I'm not sure
Guardian_A
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Henrik.Balslev wrote:
from what i can tell off the wiki there is an occupancy of about 50 ppl, with or without passengers, I'm not sure

It would actually depend on if it is the SR1 or SR2. The first version of the ship was about half the size of the second one.

Civilian ship? Probably not. Think of Darth Maul's ship, only on a capital ship scale instead of a transport. It was abviously designed as an infiltration/recon ship.

If it was just me, I wouldnt hesitate to make use of it in my campaign. If you want to use it for a bounty hunter ship that is at least somewhat close to the original concept of the ship, I'd just take Darth Maul's ship and make a couple of small adjustments so it fit the needs of your gaming group.
Jedi Skyler
Moff
Moff

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 11:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Normandy always started out underpowered in the weapons department; that was part of why you spend so much time gathering resources to upgrade the weapons, armor, and other various items on board as well as the character upgrades.

The SR1 is, in my opinion, too big for a bounty hunter's ship. It requires a crew, and therefore wouldn't be an appropriate vessel for a person who works alone, and needs a ship that can be piloted alone.

I'd love to use this ship in a game. Granted, with much higher weapons capabilities. The stealth capabilities alone make it a highly desirable vessel. I personally prefer the SR2; it's bigger, more powerful, and has more facilities on board. I'm actually in a game where we're running a militia group based on a capital ship; the Normandy would be flippin' sweet to run in that adventure.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Ships, Vehicles, Equipment, and Tech All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: