The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

A Spark in the Darkness - IC Chapter II
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Fading Light - vong -> A Spark in the Darkness - IC Chapter II Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 20, 21, 22  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Esoomian
High Admiral
High Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tiny frowns, following only the half of the conversation in basic.

"Can Rownn be an expert in me rather that pffycology? Like perhapff I trained him and then I had my accident and he fftarted learning all he could about me to help me out?"

Simply stand closer to the object you wish to view.
Ankhanu
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rownn regards Tiny a moment.
"Actually, that can be used, with some refinement. Chalkazza could have a life-debt to your persona, perhaps you lost your arm saving his life. We'd have to hash out the details, but it could work. I would still have the same problems with developing who Chalkazza is as before, but it could be a useful element."

Donate to Ankhanu Press
Esoomian
High Admiral
High Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tiny waits for a translation.

Simply stand closer to the object you wish to view.
Guardian_A
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anala considers, "I agree, having a life debt to Tiny would create a strong tie betweem the two of you. And it would work no matter which way you decide to go with your own back story, but it would probably work better with your merc idea, especially if he lost his arm saving your life. I work recon, and you two are grunts." A short pause, "So, is everyone going in as a single unit, or are we joining the Peace Bregade in groups? If its just going to be the three of us, who's in charge?" She shifts her gaze to watch everyone's response.
Jedi Skyler
Moff
Moff

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seeeing Tiny standing there, confused, he takes a moment to translate Rownn's last input for him.
Hellcat
Grand Moff
Grand Moff

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2012 2:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"We should join in small groups," Garolf answers Anala. "A single unit might allow for some suspicion, even with disguise and a change in the makeup of the team. The meadal ceremony after the Battle of Perconia presented most of the survivng team. Jo, Rylah, Orrallyn...."

At this point Garolf begins pointing around the table.

"Rownn, Zinn, and myself. The whole ceremony was was recorded on numerous holorecording devices thanks to the number of dignitaries who were in the crowd. Among them Chief of State Fey'lya. You can bet that ceremony went out across the New Republic and any non-affiliated world not aligned with the New Republic that recieves and airs New Republic news holos. Tiny was still floating in bacta at that time, I believe. Hell, Jo should still have been floating in bacta but they brought him out to attend the ceremony. Something that wasn't going to happen with Tiny. So as far as anyone is concerned who may have seen that holo he's new to the team instead of one of the four remaining original team members. You could be seen as new to the team or you could be seen as Rylah having removed her Ubese. She was always wearing that so beings didn't know what she looked like underneath, except when she was eating. But a human male, a Wookiee, and a Shistavanen all in the same group joining the Peace Brigade might be a little suspicious.

"Hopefully not, but taking the chance doesn't seem wise."

Wanted Poster
Guardian_A
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2012 2:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anala looks at Garolf, "You and Rownn will be the hardest ones to get in so splitting you up seems like a really good idea, after a few cosmetic changes, Zinn's just one more human male in a galazy filled with trillions of them." She playfully winks at Zinn to take some of the sting from her words.
Jedi Skyler
Moff
Moff

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2012 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Winking back, Zinn replies, "Honey, I'm better than 'one in trillions.' I'm unique."
Guardian_A
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2012 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anala blurts out a short laugh, "'Unique' isnt always a good thing." She still has mischief in her eyes as she turns back to the conversation at hand.
Jedi Skyler
Moff
Moff

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2012 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zinn snorts, the playfulness still evident in his tone. "It is with me. I'm priceless."

He then looks at Garolf. "I definitely agree with her assessment about splitting you and Tiny up, sir. If we go in with two groups, I'll have to be with one of you. If we do three groups, however, we can be completely split, which will help mask us further."
Hellcat
Grand Moff
Grand Moff

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Myself and Tiny?" Garolf asks, shaking his head. "I heard Lt. Sehn say to split myself and Rownn up, which I agree with. Yourself and Lt. Sehn might be ignored, but if Rownn's cover includes a life debt to Tiny and Tiny serves as lookout for Lt. Sehn during the apparent murder of Rownn then we may need to make her, Tiny, and Rownn a team. And given the results of Tiny's trial having Rownn and Tiny on the same team makes sense.

"My own people are largely an isolationist peoples and few of us leave our home system. Those who do, the outgoing ones, tend to associate almost exclusively with fellow Shistavanens. I'm in the minority of outgoing Shistavanens as I tend to associate more with non-Shistavanens than with my fellow Shistavanens. If I go in by myself that just looks like the typical Shistavanen attitude. Or I could go in with you and Lt. Zetek and have it look like I am merely being forced to work with the two of you."

Wanted Poster
Guardian_A
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Maybe you owe a favor to one of your other group members?" Anala suggests, "Given the reputation of your species, it could easily be something that makes it obvious that you would rather be with your own kind. Maybe you're under contract, or you are under debt to one of the others?" Not feeling that either of those ideas sounds quite right, she gives a small shrug.
Hellcat
Grand Moff
Grand Moff

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2012 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Hired would be more likely. There's also the possibility of my going in apparently alone. If I get made that way then the rest of you may be safe from no apparent direct link.

"But it may wise be to go in in two groups of three. Rown, Tiny, and Lt. Sehn in one group, Lt. Valimar, Lt. Zetek, and myself in the other. That would put two established team members in a group along with one new team member. With the rocket jokey as pilot for the team it also makes sense for him the be teamed with Lt. Zetek as Takii will be ship's engineer being the most qualified in that area. As I've already said, we have discussed Tiny serving as lookout for Lt. Sehn during the apparent murder of Rownn, the results of Tiny's trial, and Rownn's cover story possibly including a life debt to Tiny makes sense for the three of you to be one of three. Keeping myself seperate from Rownn leaves me with the rocket jockey and Takii."

Wanted Poster
Jedi Skyler
Moff
Moff

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 1:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

((OOC: Sorry..."Tiny" was a typo. Not sure what the deuce I was thinking. Also, by the way, Merry Christmas to everyone. I ended up driving home from Ohio to Michigan yesterday, a day early, to beat the storm that was moving in, so I didn't have a chance to post yesterday.))

Zinn pipes up. "Is Lt. Sehn able to understand Shirywook? If not, you might want to consider having Rownn on my team, since I've become fluent. That, or have him with at least one person who can understand him. It'll make things a lot easier, for him as well as anyone who's with him."
Guardian_A
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 10:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anala grimaces, "I can understand enough to get by in a pinch, but I'm not fluent by a long shot. (OOC: KNO 3D) Think of it as a conversation where I only catch two out of every three words. Its enough to figure out what's being said so long as the conversation isnt rushed and Rownn dosnt use too many big words." She smirks, "Like right now, it takes me a few seconds to piece together whatever he says, but its enough to carry on a conversation when there arent a lot of distractions." She seems thoughtful for a second, "It might make sense for Tiny and myself to be working together, or at least having known each other, before Rownn takes on his life debt to Tiny. It would help explain the language berrier and why neither one of us is good with Shirywook."
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Fading Light - vong All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 20, 21, 22  Next
Page 21 of 22

Jump to: