The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Chapter 1: Riptide
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Knights of the Old Republic: Prophecy - Guardian_A -> Chapter 1: Riptide Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Crell Damar
Line Captain
Line Captain

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

“Heh, I like your spunk!” He says ignoring the deck hand’s comment, assuming it was directed at him.

Garren smiles as he follows the droid to the bridge. He then leads the droid to a computer with a proper interface for the droid, and some way for him to display text so the droid can communicate with him.

“Go ahead and plug in here, guy.” He motions to the computer. “What do I call you anyway?”

Obi-Wan Kenobi
Raven Redstar
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mishi is one with the shadows, tailing the group to the conference room, paying every attention to every minor side conversation, his bestial senses scanning ever for threats. Like a stalking shadow, his footsteps silently fall: keeping with a determined pace. After entering the conference room, Mishi waits quietly, listening to the discussions of his peers and the master. During pauses in the conversation, his mind wanders back to his time spent at the temple. As one of the very few nocturnal students there, Mishi got to spend much time in the archives, he particularly enjoyed reading the philosophy of Jedi who had come and gone. With every voice, his mind is snapped back to the present.

He watches as the group begins leaving, he is about to step out of his “hiding place” when he hears Zela address the master. He cannot help the smile that crosses his face. As she says her goodbyes and makes for the door, only then does Mishi step out from his niche.

He silently walks up behind Master Floran, knowing full well that the master knows he is there.

Mishi bows when Master Floran turns to him.

“I know that these times are troubling to you Master. It saddens you to send us on this quest; I have seen that look on the faces of many my people when a young hunter is sent on their first hunt. “

He looks up, at the master’s face.

“I see the wisdom in your choice, even if the others do not. If you wanted these Sith threats killed, the obvious choice would be to send a surviving veteran of the wars. By choosing we who are newly knighted, you give the chance of success without fatal violence. Though we have been knighted early, each of us brings a part of an experienced Jedi with our individual strengths. Alone, we are weak and inexperienced, but together, we have all of the facets of a master: Diplomacy, Knowledge in the Jedi way, Surety in Combat, Subtlety in Action, and Knowledge of how things work beyond the order. Sith are powerful warriors, but their greatest threat is the temptation to the wavered mind, they use their subtle ways to plant the seeds of doubt in good men, turning them to devils. You say that you do not know many who would willingly undertake this task; however, you and the other masters should know that I would without hesitation. Perhaps this makes me foolish, but I do not fear death; ‘there is no death, there is the force.’ Each of our destinies will come for us some day, and we must meet it with tranquility.”

Mishi kneels before the master and lowers his head.

“Have no fear for us master, I will watch over them, as I have since becoming a Jedi. And, I vow if the darkness plants its seeds within me, I shall expunge the seed, or become one with the force.”
Guardian_A
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Master Floran seems surprised as Zela hands him the bracelet, his expression is serious as he looks her in the eye, "May your light drive back the darkness." Master Floran gives a nod and a faint smile as the group begins to leave, "Good luck, and May the Force be with you!"

Blurting something, the droid plugs into the port, a moment later, the droid lets out a disgusted raspberry, above him on the display interface, text begins to appear, "6687L-TP" on the next line, "Requesting confirmation of orders," The droid's teardrop shaped dome swivels towards Ruen.
Crell Damar
Line Captain
Line Captain

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

“6687L-TP, huh?” Garren furrows his brow in thought. “That doesn’t really roll off the tongue easily…”
He looks at the droid for a second, then his eyes widen in exclamation. “I’ve got it! If you’re going to be my first mate and chief of the deck, we need to give you an appropriate title. How about we call you LT? That is… if you’re interested in the job. These Jedi I’m gonna be flying with don’t know the difference between port and starboard. I need someone with some know-how on this ship to help me run things. How ‘bout it LT?”

Garren smiles and waits for the droid’s response.

Obi-Wan Kenobi
Frandal
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2013 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The droid holo-receiver looks directly to Garren, and he whistles an affirmative beps. In the screen Garren could read.

"This unit will answer to the new designation, Sir. LT recorded. Do you want this unit to actualize the Jedi knowledge about this ship or starships in general? I have more than 2.500 models in my databanks that they could find useful Sir"

The group of the recently kinghted Jedi found themselves with some time for their own before the ships is fully prepared to leave the Maverick as Master Floran leaves them. They could chat to each other, perhaps ask for some material or more information, or they could lend a hand to their captain to prepare the ship for leading.
Crell Damar
Line Captain
Line Captain

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2013 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

“If by ‘actualize’ you mean train or teach, then no. And, I’ll explain why.”

Garren squats down next to the droid and gives it a pat or two.

“You see LT, I’ve spent a long time travelling this galaxy, and I’ve gone from one end to the other and back again. Do you know what my time travelling the space lanes has taught me about organics?”

He pauses, but not long enough for the little droid to give much of a response if any.

“I’ve learned that organics will keep around people and things that are useful, and as soon as you prove to not be useful, you’ll find yourself tasting dirt planet-side if you’re lucky, and if not so lucky, they’ll try to space you out an airlock.” He looks at LT for a second with a mournful look.

“Right now, you and I both have a purpose: a use.” He gestures to the droid and himself without breaking. “They need us to keep them flying; they need us to get them where we’re going. If they learn how to fix and operate the ship without us, then what is the point of keeping us around?” He gives a quizzical look to the droid to emphasize his point.

“So that’s why we need to stay as useful as we can for as long as we can. You and I are a team, little buddy. If you help me stay useful, I’ll make sure to take care of you and keep you in tip top shape. The Jedi have other things to be concerning themselves with. Things like learning about the force, introspection, and all that jazz. It’s our job to operate the ship.” He smiles and gives the droid a pat on the dome.

“So, with that being said, let’s run some diagnostics and make sure that there aren’t any issues that might be needing to be addressed in the near future.”

Obi-Wan Kenobi
Frandal
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 11:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

((Ooc Sorry for the delay somehow I missed this pne!))

"No civilians allowed to key stations. Logged" Garren could read on the screen "Level of access to ships databanks set to zero for civilians. Logged. Can you state your current military rank Sir? LT unit will want to adress you properly according to ordenance 17/345B3"

Last edited by Frandal on Wed Jun 26, 2013 5:04 am; edited 1 time in total
Jedi Skyler
Moff
Moff

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2013 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As Gryphon prepares to depart, he looks one last time at Master Florian. "Master, before we depart, would it be possible to acquire training materials for the vessel we'll be using? I'd like to learn to pilot the vessel, and I believe it would behoove us to learn to be able to pitch in and help whenever our pilot needs assistance. Also, technical manuals would be of use in this area. I wouldn't normally ask, since we have a very capable pilot whom, I'm sure, would be more than competent to instruct us. However, when I mentioned to him my desire to learn, I got the distinct impression from him that he was not only offended by my offer, but also felt somewhat threatened by it, as though I sought to replace him. I have no such desires; rather, I believe wholeheartedly in the notion that the Jedi should work hand-in-hand with non Force-sensitives whenever possible, if for no other reason than to show that we do not hold ourselves to be above them, but rather we simply hold ourselves to a higher standard, due to our understanding of the Force. If I, and any of our party who also wish to do so, can learn privately, I believe he may feel less put-upon by our desire to learn. Anything that could be provided would be greatly appreciated, including flight simulators, so we can get something of a feel for flying the ship. His apparent distaste for this idea could very well endanger our ability to carry out our mission should he become ill or incapacitated, and we need to be prepared."
Frandal
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2013 4:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Master Florian listen patiently to the new Knight explanation.

"Your reasons are logical and solid, and your intentions are good, young one. Your mind will be in good health as long as you feel that you have still things to learn. Still you are not listening to the Force, neither following your instincts. "
Master Florian pauses for a moment, for Gryphon to understand that this is not a lesson, but an advice.

"You will discover that your mission as a Knight is more complex and deep that the task at hand. And that sometimes, helping another beign has nothing to do with their duties or jobs."

He smiles to Gryphon.

"Besides Jedi Kyrk... have you ever seen the size of a flight simulator?"
Jedi Skyler
Moff
Moff

PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2013 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gryphon laughs softly at Master Florian's misunderstanding of his request. "Master, I'm not asking for an actual flight simulator to be brought on board; I'm simply asking for flight sim software for our particular vessel to be provided for our computers, so we can get some practice in.

"However, I must ask what you mean about me not listening to the Force, or following my instincts? My first instinct was to offer my help, and to do so properly, I must learn more about the ship. When I say 'we,' in regards to learning about piloting our vessel, I mean only that I wish the materials to be available to everyone, not just myself. I did not mean to speak for the others, and what they should or should not be doing. I'm simply accustomed to my fellow Jedi usually having a desire to learn, and wished to provide something that would be useful on our mission, let alone a back-up should something untoward befall the captain."
Frandal
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Your instict is right, but perhaps you cannot help doing practical things. I will see if that kind of software is avaible though."
Jedi Skyler
Moff
Moff

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gryphon bows respectfully. "Thank you, Master. All I can ask is that you try; if you cannot provide any training materials, I will learn by observation."
Frandal
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 5:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

While Garren is checking with LT the final stages of the ship's preapartions he could see the group of Jedi exiting the same door they walked in several minutes ago.

They all head towards the ship, but with no rush. Perharps it is time to really assing the bulks to his "crew" and to introduce them to LT.

Gryphon and the others could see that most of the technicians are already leaving their ship, only a couple of cables are still attached to it.
It seems that they are almost ready to depart.
Jedi Skyler
Moff
Moff

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gryphon offers a final bow to Master Florian, then turns to the ship. "It would appear we are about to depart, Master. If you are not able to procure that software before we leave, perhaps you might be able to send it in a message bundle. Either way, thank you for your trust in us. May the Force be with you."

Upon reaching the ship, Gryphon strides confidently up the ramp, then heads to the bridge area to get strapped in for takeoff.
Frandal
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2013 4:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Most of the young knights are already near the ramp or even getting their stuff ready in their cabins for departure.

Garren sees Gryphon entering the ship and heading towards the bridge with confidence. LT detects the presence of the Jedi and calculates his destination. Emiting a hihg warning sound he moves to intercept the Jedi.

As Gryphon enters the ship and heads towards the bridge he can hear a loud sound coming from a little droid that seems to move quickly in his direction.

Above all of them, and for the moment unnoticed to all, perched in one of the coolant tubes that crossed the ship the Socorran tailring looks the scene with curiosity.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Knights of the Old Republic: Prophecy - Guardian_A All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 6 of 8

Jump to: