The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Pulse Rifle for D20
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Ships, Vehicles, Equipment, and Tech -> Pulse Rifle for D20
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Henrik.Balslev
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 10:42 am    Post subject: Pulse Rifle for D20 Reply with quote

Hi i know this may not exactly be the right forum to ask this, but in lack of any better ideas, I am posting it here.

I've recently started playing in a D20 campaign, as I cant find any d6 campaigns in my area, and I'm wondering if anyone has ever done a conversion of the Corondexx Ves-700 Pulse Rifle to d20?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
cheshire
Arbiter-General (Moderator)

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've done several d20 to D6 conversions, and don't see why i couldn't reverse engineer some of that. Though, most of my work is with SAGA edition, rather than the OCR or RCR. What version of the d20 rules are you working with? Also, could you include a source for the D6 stat?
Henrik.Balslev
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2013 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow sorry about the slow reply I had completely forgotten this thread, and my post. The weapon is listed in GG10 Bounty Hunters, and as far as I know its just the basic d20 Star Wars rules
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
cheshire

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2013 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great, I can take a look at GG10, but there is still a problem as to which version of d20 I'd be taking it into. There isn't a "basic" d20 set. They've had three different editions each with its own quirks and nuances.

If you aren't sure which d20 set you're using, that's fine, we can walk through it together. First, is the book square or rectangular? If the core book is a 9x9 hardback with a black and gold image of Darth Vader, you're using the Saga Edition. If it is a rectangular book that has representations from the classic trilogy and EII on it, then it's the RCR (Revised Core Rulebook). If it has images from the classic triology and images from EI (but nothing from EII), then you are using the "Original Core Rulebook" (or OCR).

Anyway, let me know and I'll do my best. I've got plenty of good info on doing conversions with Saga, and I think I can find the info on the RCR, and I can probably come up with something for the OCR.
Henrik.Balslev
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2013 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tbh I dont know. I'm playing it in a play by post forum, and I dont own the books - the gm has the books and has helped those of us who dont have them create characters - sorry I'm not of much help :/
DougRed4
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2013 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You could always ask the GM.
cheshire

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2013 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Or if you link me to your character sheet I could tell by just looking at it.
cheshire

PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2013 9:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tell ya what, I'll do this up in SAGA, and you can take it to your GM and see what he/she says. If it fits, then it's good. Though I will tell you, the conversion was a bit tricky. They both used a lot of different kinds of mechanics, but I think this achieves the same result.

Quote:

Corondexx VES-700 Pulse Rifle
Cost: 5,000; 200 (power pack), 300 (super-conducting filaments)
Damage: 4D6*
Stun Damage: -
Rate of Fire: S
Weight: 4.2 kg
Type: Energy
Availability: Military

The pulse rifle fires a spray of highly charged, superconductive filaments causing damage through micro-ion bursts. On a successful attack, the weapon causes 4D6 damage within a 1-square radius of the target square. If the attack misses, any character in the target square or any adjacent square takes half damage. The Pulse rifle must be properly charged and regularly maintained, and are still prone to failure. Before adding any bonuses, if the attack roll is a 1, the pulse rifle overloads and requires250 credits and a DC 10 Mechanics check to repair.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Ships, Vehicles, Equipment, and Tech All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: