The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Is your Username the Name of one of your Star Wars RPG PCs?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> The Rancor Pit Users/Forums Info -> Is your Username the Name of one of your Star Wars RPG PCs?
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DougRed4
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2013 7:12 pm    Post subject: Is your Username the Name of one of your Star Wars RPG PCs? Reply with quote

In looking at the various names chosen here, it strikes me that some (Ty Caine, Dromdarr_Aleck, Ral_Brelt, etc.) are likely also character names, perhaps of old PCs.

Also, I'm wondering how many of you went with an avatar image that closely resembles one of your PCs?

Personally, as I've told some of you already, my name is Doug and, even though I don't normally use my name on public forums, these forums seemed small and private enough that I didn't worry about it. Besides, my assigned "Squadron Number" (when I worked as a volunteer for Decipher in the 90's (running tournaments, leagues, and demos) my designation was "Red 4". I was one of the first volunteers, and Red Leader (who worked for Decipher), Red 2, 3, and 5 were already taken.

For my avatar, I went with a picture of a Sarkan, which is what one of my old PCs was. It wasn't a tremendously long campaign (perhaps a year or so?), and the one thing I remember about him was his high Strength and immense amount of damage he could do with his tail! Shocked NPCs also really had to be careful in speaking with him, as Sarkans are very particular about protocols and etiquette.

Tell us your story, as it relates to your Username or avatar! Very Happy
Mikael Hasselstein
Line Captain
Line Captain

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2013 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, my username is one I've used in a host of online forums. I prefer have one common identity across all of them so that people who are also on multiple fora can recognize me.

I have this name because I first established myself on a Warhammer Fantasy RP forum, and the name is one from the fiction of that world. If I were to rename myself, I probably would adopt a different online name based in the SW world from a character I created on Roleplay Realm: Louw Wynstra
TyCaine
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2013 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You guessed it for me! Very Happy

Ty (or Tycho) Caine (or TC) is from one of my first characters I ever had, though I played D&D long ago I really became more involved and started GMing with Cyberpunk 2020 and Star Wars (among others), which is where TC truly came to life. TC has reappeared in numerous games and game systems since then.

I'm a very private person so TyCaine became my preferred username here, on Google+ and on Facebook.

The image I use in Google+ is one that's pretty close to my character image for TC, though the one I use here is just one that appealed.

T.C.
Dromdarr_Alark
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2013 8:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dromdarr was an NPC that I made for my campaign. He was a retired Devaronian mercenary. One of his horns was chopped off and he maintained a stoic and brooding countenance. He frequently sported heavy armor and a repeating blaster.

They players loved his ambivalence toward smalltalk so much that they interacted with him as much as possible. He frequently gave one-word answers to things or simply just glared at the person speaking to him. It turned out that he became their favorite NPC and they enlisted him to take over a rival swoop gang and start a planet-wide revolution on Telos.

I named my avatar after him because my favorite thing about RPGs is that players frequently do things and take games in a direction that the GM does not expect.
Centinull
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2013 12:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My username here, as well as on many other websites, is my username/hero name from the late City Of Heroes MMORPG.

It's play on Sentinel and my character being an android prototype numbered 100-0 (Centi-Null)
Luwingo_Spince
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2013 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Luwingo Spince was the first PC character I had in a years long campaign we played when I was a teenager.

He was a bounty hunter who fell in with some rebels after he captured them then had a change of heart.

Many years and adventures later he retired, becoming a businessman who assigned the characters their missions when we rebooted the campaign. Fun times.
DougRed4
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2013 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Loving the stories from people. Keep them coming! Very Happy
Jedi Skyler
Moff
Moff

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2013 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Skyler Masters is the name of the first Jedi character I ever created, way back in the days when I could actually engage in tabletop gaming. He wasn't my first character, but he was my favorite, and I ran him for a number of years.

In fact, I've always loved the name Skyler (saw it for the first time in a Shoe comic strip), and my youngest daughter was named after me when we changed the spelling a little and named her Skyelar.

And, during the unfortunately few and far between times when I get back home and have enough time to do so, we'll still occasionally dust off the old characters and run through a new adventure. GOOD TIMES!!!

And, my avatar here is one the great Gry Sarth made for me, for my Cal Jeth character in the first game I played on here.
DougRed4
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2013 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very cool, Skyler! My oldest son (Andrew) was (more or less) named after my first PC in a superhero game. As the years have gone by I've tried to throw my other kids' names into various characters as well.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> The Rancor Pit Users/Forums Info All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: