The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Hawaiian Shirts in SW...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Planets, Locations, Eras, and Settings -> Hawaiian Shirts in SW... Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  
griff
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2014 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Being from Hawaii I love and have many of these shirts. If these shirts would come from from anywhere, they would be Mon Calimari.
Gadora
Ensign
Ensign

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2014 1:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Face excused himself for a few minutes and returned with a pile of brightly colored cloth. He handed out individual portions to the others.
Wedge shook his out. A short-sleeved tunic in orange and yellow tropical fruit patterns and short pants in lavender. "I'm going to throw up."

That is to say, this rang a bell so I grabbed the book and took a peek. How about having them be from Storinal?

I do realize it's probably a bit late to contribute usefully, but the thread was at the top bit of the forum, so...
griff
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2014 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

if anyone could pull off a Hawaiian shirt, it would be Admiral Ackbar. I can see him sitting on a Mon Cal beach drinking out of a coconut wearing one of these after the destruction of DS II.
griff
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2014 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"IT'S A TOURIST TRAP!"
DougRed4
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2014 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOL. That's a good one, griff! Laughing
Leon The Lion
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2014 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

griff wrote:
"IT'S A TOURIST TRAP!"

Oh Eris, I can't stop chortling! Laughing
- Tom Lehrer
griff
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2018 2:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm bringing this one back from the dead, because we now have our answer. That last sabaac scene with Lando wearing a long sleeve "Hawaiian shirt" was almost, no it was, the thing I over the most in Solo. The planet they were on seems tropical and we'll known enough that that style of clothing would be a big export item or sold to tourist.
Whill
Dark Lord of the Jedi (Owner/Admin)

Location: Columbus, Ohio, USA, Earth, The Solar System, The Milky Way Galaxy

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2018 12:14 pm    Post subject: Re: Hawaiian Shirts in SW... Reply with quote

CRMcNeill wrote:
So, I went to a Weird Al Yankovic concert last night. He puts on an awesome show, and the encore is the best part for a Star Wars fan. For the ovation, he and the band come back out dressed as Jedi (except for the keyboardist, who wears Sith Lord robes) and performs The Saga Begins and Yoda. Anyway, one of Weird Al's trademarks is Hawaiian shirts, and that got me thinking about possibly having a character who wears Hawaiian shirts in the SWU.

You went to a Weird Al concert? How did I miss this thread in 2012? (Or when it got bumped in 2013 and 1014.)

CRMcNeill wrote:
Of course, I can't call them Hawaiian shirts, so my question for the Forum is, what known society in the SWU is the most likely to produce something like a Hawaiian shirt?

I moved this thread because it doesn't belong in Ships, Vehicles, Equipment, and Tech. Since the question asked what society would produce a Hawaiian shirt in-universe, I moved it to Planets, Locations, Eras, and Settings.

griff wrote:
Being from Hawaii I love and have many of these shirts. If these shirts would come from from anywhere, they would be Mon Calimari... if anyone could pull off a Hawaiian shirt, it would be Admiral Ackbar. I can see him sitting on a Mon Cal beach drinking out of a coconut wearing one of these after the destruction of DS II.

I can really see this. In fact, I think I have seen this in the form of some artwork someone made. But I couldn't find it through internet searches so I'm not sure where I have seen this. Or maybe it was just imagined?

griff wrote:
I'm bringing this one back from the dead, because we now have our answer. That last sabaac scene with Lando wearing a long sleeve "Hawaiian shirt" was almost, no it was, the thing I over the most in Solo. The planet they were on seems tropical and we'll known enough that that style of clothing would be a big export item or sold to tourist.

Unfortunately the planet was unnamed in the film and remains identified in publishing unless the Wookieepedia article is out of date: Unidentified jungle world (Solo)

Canon has established that Mon Cala was occupied by the Empire very early on, so Lando probably didn't get the shirt from there.
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Planets, Locations, Eras, and Settings All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: