The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

OOC Thread
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Knights of the Old Republic: Prophecy - Guardian_A -> OOC Thread Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Quetzacotl
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2014 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I'm still here and checking the board regularly (which means every day), so I'd be all in. although we'd still only be two in the end and I'm not even through the introduction part Razz
Frandal
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 6:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Punch it!
Jedi Skyler
Moff
Moff

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm definitely still in.

I'm even fine if you want to try and mesh the two campaigns into one, bringing the dark siders into the light side campaign somehow. I can see why you'd want to avoid that, seeing as how I'm the only seemingly active player there; however, it might possibly open up some extra avenues that would only be available by having another ship/crew working in tandem somehow.

Might also be interesting, given the dark siders' history...
Frandal
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's good to have you here.

Well, mixing the two histories... could be.. interesting, but wouln't it be a headhache for you having two characters?

Maybe Oryn is interested in creating a Dark Side character and we could continue the history from where we left it.
Quetzacotl
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2014 3:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oryn definitely not, but I might ^^

Though I find it a little pointless if exactly the same people play those two campaigns that affect each other... feels a little like "Playing against myself" ^^

But I could do that, no prop. Just have to find out what the Dark Side Campaign is all about ^^

On a different note:
Using CPs for a Roll adds 1D to that per CP, right?

And: With how many CPs do I start in this Campaign? Looking at the others, it seems to be a little random (From 3 to 5 to 10 ^^). I havn't written down any CPs but the normal start CP would be 5, right?
Quetzacotl
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2014 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, reread the rules.
Just gonna assume I have 5 CPs (I only need 1 and I probably will have at least 1 as the question if I used CPs would be mood otherwise ^^).

Rolled my 3D Stamina, got 2/4/5 which adds up to 11 (2 is the Wild Die). Using 1 CP, got 4, so I'm at a total of 15 now.
Frandal
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2014 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's ok, let's say you have 5 CPs now, the one you just used was your sixth Wink

In the purpouse of clarify things, both campaigns are based in the same time lapse, but they are not intended to affect the other. I mean, surely the Republic could hear about a serious incident at Kashyyk prison level involving a riot, a sith lord and some escapees, for example, but in order to avoid the thing that "you play against yourself" it's safe to say that you are not going to fire against your other "alter-egos" Wink

I must say that our first GM only told me what was just ahead of us, in order to keep things moving while he was able to come back and take the lead again.
We are far from it yet, so we are cool for some time now, but if we reach the point were I don't know what had Guardian_A in mind I think we could make a decision Wink But in the meantime, let's continue Smile
Jedi Skyler
Moff
Moff

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2014 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We certainly don't have to mix the stories; it was an off the cuff idea to make things easier from a gm standpoint.

Also, the dark side campaign is kinda different than a straight DS campaign. Yes, our characters are either Sith apprentices or mercs who worked for various Sith Lords, but they're currently in the position of having to kinda play light side, since the Sith just got pwned. So they're not running around killing everyone or shooting lightning everywhere they go, and aren't running up DSPs right and left.

In truth, I'm almost thinking our characters are going to have to learn how to be good little boys and girls, or else they'll just get jailed or killed.
Quetzacotl
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2014 2:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is it even possible (or feasible) for a new character to join there?
And if yes, can someone give me a short summary of what needs to be known for a new Character?

But, in general, we should write in the PbP Overview Category that we're looking for new players... the old players don't seem to come back.
Jedi Skyler
Moff
Moff

PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2014 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When we first created the thread, we had characters who are either Sith apprentices (Like my character) or mercenaries who had been working for any of the various Sith Lords during the final battle of Ruusan. In this case, the mercs in our game were all working for the same Sith Lord, and were on a ship above Ruusan with my character (Vin Darkmauler) when the Thought Bomb was detonated.

A couple more characters were added after we reached Kashyyyk; Vin met up with a pair of Wookiees who escaped from the prison where a Sith Lord was on a murderous rampage. Without going back and rereading, the last I remember is that Vin and these two Wookiees were heading back to the ship, so he could consult with his friends about the Wookiees joining their party.

Without input from the GM, a new character could come from a number of backgrounds; he could be another escapee, who follows Vin and company to the ship. It'd even be possible, I'd think, for another Sith apprentice to join us; he could be apprentice to the Sith Lord at the prison. The rampage could have been staged to get the apprentice safely out of the area; presumably, the Sith Lord would have intended to escape as well, but with a crap ton of Wookiees in your way, the odds are NOT in your favor. Wink

So...short answer long, it is COMPLETELY feasible for a new character to join in. It's just up to the GM to approve it, and work one in.

If you want some more ideas, I've no problem helping you brainstorm.
Frandal
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 4:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Skyler had a very good points there. That thread is on a point were there are a great number of possibilities to add a new character.

In fact, apart of the two wookiees (on NPC and the other my character who became a NPC too Wink ) there was a third character, a human who aided in the prison break ( another missing PC)

If you two agree, we could continue this discussion in the OOC thread of the proper campaign Wink
Quetzacotl
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 8:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have the suspicion that Frandal is trying to kill my character here Razz

But yeah, let's do that discussion in the other thread ^^
Quetzacotl
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 9:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

And now I'm sure that Frandal is trying to kill Oryn ^^
Jedi Skyler
Moff
Moff

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol

At least your character is seeing some action. Be glad!
Frandal
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2014 8:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry for the abscence guys. RL had turned into a nightmare lately. I will try to recover my pace little by little.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Knights of the Old Republic: Prophecy - Guardian_A All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 8 of 9

Jump to: