The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Falling Star: Star Wars D6 Play podcast
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Tools -> Falling Star: Star Wars D6 Play podcast Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
aegisflashfire
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 3:14 pm    Post subject: Falling Star: Star Wars D6 Play podcast Reply with quote

Okay, not to compete with Shooting Womp Rats, but I am happy to announce that we've posted the first 3 Podcasts of our new Star Wars campaign.

Not all of our web resources are 100% online yet, but we'll be posting this campaign weekly typically in ~1 hour segments. (obviously dependent on natural breaking points)

I'm a little unclear how much editing we'll have to do in the future (I'm hoping to cut down some of my edit time--both my nerves as GM and my cold that was going on at the time made my own voice a little touch-and-go) and we failed to realize just how loud my @#$@$# Labrador is. on the recording. (he was doing a Darth Vader-making-an-obscene-phonecall impression)

It should go up on iTunes tonight (once I correct the feed issues) but you can listen to it now at:

http://swfallingstar.podbean.com
or subscribe to the RSS at
http://swfallingstar.podbean.com/feed

Our next recording session is this Saturday, so any feedback in advance is more than welcome. There is almost zero crunch in this first episode (none at all in fact) but part 2 & 3 which are already edited and ready for publication do involve it.

The podcast is free and I have no intention of emailing or spamming people for money, etc, and we could use the publicity of subscriptions just for the added hits!

The one thing I am not is a graphic artist--if people want to contribute graphics for the site, I'd be grateful and make sure people get a shout out on the show/site.

Last edited by aegisflashfire on Mon Apr 14, 2014 4:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
aegisflashfire
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2014 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Itunes feed is still not 100% ready (though I sorted out the problem--of all things it seems the graphic I used was simply the wrong size. )
Now just pending review by the Apple people to verify its not worthy of an Explicit tag or too filled with inappropriate material. (its not, so its just a time delay)

In the meantime I welcome any and all feedback! I promise I don't take offense.
DougRed4
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2014 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very cool, aegisflashfire. Welcome to the site, by the way! 8)
aegisflashfire
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2014 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And we're now officially live on iTunes. Best way to find us is to search in podcasts under "star wars d6" I'm still sorting out the optimization for search terms, but searching under FALLING STAR will *NOT* find it for the moment.

New episodes will be going up Mondays at 12:01 AM Eastern. The next two are already loaded and in the pipe, and we're recording again on Saturday, so hopefully we'll be able to continue to put out new content weekly.

For those not familiar with what I'm doing, we're going for a regular, ongoing campaign, with a definite beginning, middle, end on a grand scale.

You can help us out by posting a review. Note I'm mostly doing this for me, and make no money off of this, but I'd love feedback and a positive iTunes review will go a long way!
cheshire
Arbiter-General (Moderator)

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2014 8:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think that live play is competition at all. And even if you did have a D6 discussion podcast, so long as it was a different kind of show there's nothing wrong with diversity. Actually, this is the sort of thing that really helps some players connect to how to play their games.

I look forward to giving it a listen.
shootingwomprats
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2014 8:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Daniel here.

No, Jesse, you're not in competition - you actually bring something different to the table. We provide info and discussion, you do the gameplay, and I commend you for it. Our next episode will have a mention of you guys, and we're still looking forward to an interview soon.
http://d6holocron.com/shootingwomprats
@swd6podcast, Twitter
aegisflashfire
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2014 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wasn't actually serious about competing.
Dromdarr_Alark
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2014 6:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I listened to this! Thanks for posting.
aegisflashfire
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2014 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

again, we're always looking for feedback (and a positive Itunes rating/review is even better) but I really do want to hear what people like/dislike. You can always improve as a GM, so I'd like to hear more from people.
Dromdarr_Alark
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2014 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I listened to it with star wars music playing in the background. That seemed to make it more engaging.
aegisflashfire
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2014 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unfortunately, I can't air the theme music without breaking copyright law. In recent years fan works and the associated 'stuff', have become far more commonplace and widely accepted as reinforcing the brand, not weakening it, but I'd still not welcome a visit by Jedi Lawyers from Disney.
shootingwomprats
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2014 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmmm I thought if you only played a portion and were not selling anything you were overlooked. You could also site at the end of your podcast no intention was made to blah blah blah, etc.
http://d6holocron.com/shootingwomprats
@swd6podcast, Twitter
cheshire
Arbiter-General (Moderator)

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2014 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

shootingwomprats wrote:
Hmmm I thought if you only played a portion and were not selling anything you were overlooked. You could also site at the end of your podcast no intention was made to blah blah blah, etc.

That's one of the tricky deals. I had to do quite a bit of study in copyright as part of one of my jobs -- particularly the part about distributing digital media. And that's just the thing, copyright is SO horribly arduous when it comes to digital media.

Now, it may be true that they generally will overlook small fish who put out their works for free. Generally is not always. Many podcasters go looking for public domain audio materials and sound effects in order to do their show. Others, like Order 66, pay licencing fees in order to keep their materials from getting taken off of YouTube. And when you're just putting mp3's out there for anyone to download, you usually get overlooked.

However, in the age of digital media, the law strongly favors the IP holders. If you reproduce any bit of Lucasfilm Ltd's audio, they have the right to shut you down. Now, it is my unprofessional totally non-legal opinion that this would never happen to an operation like yours. But, it is what it is. It's one of the reasons why we're not putting ANY Star Wars IP into the D6 Magazine. Even though no one is likely to shut us down for using Star Wars, we're crossing all of our Ts and dotting all of our Is anyway.
Dromdarr_Alark
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2014 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You could play this instead. Wink

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uJ3kV3Icm28
The Brain
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2014 11:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Or this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WGrrDDBU9Sg
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Tools All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

Jump to: