The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Ithorian
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Characters, Droids, and Species -> Ithorian
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Allst Beamem
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2005 6:17 pm    Post subject: Ithorian Reply with quote

Ok so who saw the animated cartoon network "Cloan wars saga" before epIII came out?

what I'm wanting to talk about is the Ithorian jedi that was helping "rescue" Palpiteen along with shocti.

There is a seen where he dose this bellow thing and literaly blows the driods away.

I was woundering if any one had any thoughts on this. Is it a raceial ability of the Ithorians or a force power that only Ithorians can do?

your thoughts?
Gry Sarth
Jedi

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2005 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it's a mistake, like most everything in that series.

Shaak Ti's comment make it seems like this "scream" is a natural Ithorian ability, only maybe enchanced by the Force. All the official information we have on ithorians say nothing of this ability, not the rpg or the official site, nothing. The only thing is that Ithorians have two mouths and speak in a stereo language, but that doesn't mean they can shatter the ground with a scream.

So the only thing I can think to explain that is that it's a force power, maybe Force Scream.
Cazziuz
Cadet
Cadet

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2005 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Agreed, "normal" Ithorians are not able to do such a thing as fare as i know.

Ergo, it's a force power (from my point of view)
netjedi
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2005 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I for the most part agree with everyone else so far that this is not entirely a standard Ithorian ability. I do believe that every Ithorian having two mouths and talking in stereo can indeed perform a scream and that it will more than likely be more powerful than a standard humans scream, maybe even to the point that it may cause possibly a stun on a person. But being able to knock down droids and damage a corridor not possible for the standard Ithorian. But lets say an Ithorain Jedi Master using the force to enhance this natural ability might be possible to do a lot more with it than maybe just stun someone. I am not saying they would be able to take out several hundred droids or destroy a hallway or anything like that, but it might be able to do more than just stun someone.
My 2 creds.

Wanted Poster
Endwyn
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2005 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I had to guess where the creators of the show were going with it, I would say it mimics the "opera singer" in principle, but not exact effect. Some humans can sing at just the right pitch, volume, ect to cause nearby glass to shatter. Can many peple do this? No. But can it be done? Yes.

I would guess that the race has a few individuals who could do something similar to what he did on a much smaller scale. I expect the Ithorian, knowing something similarish could naturally be done used the force to augment his ability to reach those ranges, and take him beyond. (If you think of the Human example, Concentration could be used to add to the singing skill to hit the right "note".)

In all practicality, I actualy expect the Ithorian was not only using the force to augment his own capacity, but was most likely using a Force point on top of that. (I mean, c'mon - they're backed into a corner and desperatly need more time.....just screams force point.)

MHO
That's improbable?
And the Empire will be destroyed by..EWOKS!
That's...highly unlikely.
The Force? Bacteria called midichlorians.
If you don’t take this seriously I'm out.
Lord Aramus
Sub-Lieutenant
Sub-Lieutenant

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2005 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well.. it certainly doesn't seem like the kind of thing that WEG intended, but I decided I really like the idea..

so I think I am going to add a low power stun abilty to the Ithorians "stunning scream"

and yes.. being able to actually cause damage with it would require a massive amount of control and possibly alter dice.

it would be doubly effective against species with heightened hearing, aka.. it would cause physical damage instead of stun damage.
Boomer
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2005 12:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with Endwyn's assessment.

Taking that to the next level, most species, humans included, would be capable of the destructive force enhanced scream.

And with no previous knowledge of the Ithorian Scream in the Clone Wars cartoon, had a character that had used enhance attribute to put strength up through 13d. Very very good roll. His shout was described as amplified by it.

So logically, enhance attribute for the volume, concentrate for the correct note, and a force point and some character points to enhance the effect, just about any species could do it.
to finance my 'vette!
Allst Beamem
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2005 3:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok thanks for all your comments on this topic.

Its just something I've been thinking about lately, and wondered what every one else thought.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Characters, Droids, and Species All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: