The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Rancor Pit Get-Together
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Gaming Groups -> Rancor Pit Get-Together Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DougRed4
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2014 12:22 am    Post subject: Rancor Pit Get-Together Reply with quote

This thread will serve as one to discuss a possible get-together or gathering (perhaps even a game or two?), potentially in the Seattle area.
Mikael Hasselstein
Line Captain
Line Captain

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2014 12:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent.

If we are going to do this, it needs to be epic. Who would host?
DougRed4
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2014 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I imagine I would. My place is decent sized, but if we had a sizeable turnout, I imagine we could use my church, which we use for our annual GuardianCon. It's got tons of free parking, a good location, lots of space, tables, chairs, etc., plus other features like a large grill we could possibly use (we often do some BBQ on one of the days of GuardianCon).
CRMcNeill
Director of Engineering
Director of Engineering

Location: Redding System, California Sector, on the I-5 Hyperspace Route.

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2014 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What are we thinking for a date?

The CRMcNeill Stat/Rule Index
DougRed4
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2014 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Feel free to suggest something, but I'm thinking a Saturday, perhaps later in the year (October)?

Also, I forgot to include Raven Redstar in my group list earlier, so we have (as potential players):

Mikael Hasselstein
crmcneill
Fallon Kell
Mojomoe
KPeterson
griff
Godora
Raven Redstar
DougRed4

Plus I have up to a dozen (or more) possible players from my area that might play
CRMcNeill
Director of Engineering
Director of Engineering

Location: Redding System, California Sector, on the I-5 Hyperspace Route.

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2014 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can get pretty much any day off, but I need 3-4 weeks advance notice to put in a time off request.

The CRMcNeill Stat/Rule Index
DougRed4
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2014 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, that's part of why I suggest the Fall, to give people enough advance warning to plan for it.

Also, DarthOmega at least lives in the state, though he's quite a bit further away (about twice the distance of Portland, even).
KPeterson
Ensign
Ensign

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2014 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Fall sounds like a good time to have it. It could lead to some damp BBQ-ing... but I'm sure it would make the planning easier. Smile
DougRed4
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2014 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, our massive grill setup is completely covered (this is the Seattle area, after all!) Laughing
Raven Redstar
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2014 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shame this is getting put together after I'm leaving the area. My wife is going to be starting at WSU in the fall to wrap up a Zoology degree and start into the Vet Program. So, I'm going to be out in the Pullman area for the next 6-8 years.

Now, it's not an insurmountable drive, but with a wife bogged down with school stuff and small, extremely needy baby, I probably won't be able to attend. Although, things might change. I'll keep you guys posted.
griff
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2014 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm in. Early Oct works for me (before hunting season) but i'm flexible.
Mikael Hasselstein
Line Captain
Line Captain

PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2014 4:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Raven Redstar wrote:
Shame this is getting put together after I'm leaving the area. My wife is going to be starting at WSU in the fall to wrap up a Zoology degree and start into the Vet Program. So, I'm going to be out in the Pullman area for the next 6-8 years.

good point - why are we putting it off 'till so late?
Raven Redstar
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2014 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My wife and I plan to start attending Emerald City Comic Con on a regular basis as soon as we get our housing situation secured. Perhaps we can arrange for something Annually here in the PacNW.

I might be able to pack up the family and head up your way before we move, so long as we stay on top of our cleaning and packing. We're moving on June 14.
DougRed4
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2014 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It would be tough for me to put something together before that, as we're gearing up for our annual GuardianCon (everyone here is invited to that as well!) that takes place towards the end of June.
Raven Redstar
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2014 9:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DougRed4 wrote:
It would be tough for me to put something together before that, as we're gearing up for our annual GuardianCon (everyone here is invited to that as well!) that takes place towards the end of June.

No worries Doug, I'm sure another time will come around. October is after the start of the Fall term for my wife and I, so making a trip across state isn't really viable. My mother in law still lives here in western WA, and I'm sure we'll make trips out here for visits with her during term breaks at school, most likely during the Summer. I hope that if this year's meet is a success, maybe we can plan something out the following year, I think it'd be good to put a face to members of the community. Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Gaming Groups All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: