The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Star Wars VII: TFA (Principal photography is completed)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> General Star Wars -> Star Wars VII: TFA (Principal photography is completed) Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Whill
Dark Lord of the Jedi (Owner/Admin)

Location: Columbus, Ohio, USA, Earth, The Solar System, The Milky Way Galaxy

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2014 9:59 pm    Post subject: re: Lapti Nek Reply with quote

Zarm R'keeg wrote:
I still dream that one day, they'll find that master-recording of Fancy Man so we can finally hear the whole thing in english...

I think it is much better in Huttese, a Sy Snootles classic!
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
Zarm R'keeg
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2014 10:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Perhaps so- but just as the deleted scenes were why I bought the blu-rays, that is always that allure in discovering the unknown and alternative... Wink I doubt it will be better- but I'm sure it would be interesting, to say the least. Smile

Hard core OT, all the way!
Zarm R'keeg
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2014 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds as if The Penguins of the Madagascar (in a somewhat controversial limited-release strategy this Friday) will be the new Meet Joe Black. Wink

DougRed4
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2014 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love me the Penguins! 8)

But didn't Meet Joe Black come out on the same date as The Phantom Menace? What movie is coming out at the same date as the Penguin movie?
griff
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2014 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The first episode one trailer was released with Met Joe Black, which made the movie a lot more money because of it. People would watch the trailer and leave. Now with the 88 second trailer for episode seven will be playing this weekend in eight or nine cities. I'm planing on driving from Tacoma WA to north Seattle to watch it this weekend, I might stay for the movie.
Whill

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2014 12:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

griff wrote:
People would watch the trailer and leave. Now with the 88 second trailer for episode seven will be playing this weekend in eight or nine cities. I'm planing on driving from Tacoma WA to north Seattle to watch it this weekend, I might stay for the movie.

Wow. I'm not driving to Cleveland for that or paying for a movie I won't watch. I'm sure the trailer will be posted to the internet before too long so I'll probably see it then. And even if not, it will be described in detail online so I'll sure I'll read about it (maybe you can even report on it here).

I actually let my Star Wars Insider subscription expire after I saw an image of General Grievous on the cover, to try to prevent spoiling the freshness of RotS in the theater, and then I had to later go back and buy all these back issues to get my collection complete again after I saw the movie. I probably won't cancel Insider this time, but I will stop reading it when it gets too close. I probably will go into a total media exile before the novelization is released (no TV, no internet), and take my iPod and headphones to the theater line to prevent overhearing anything before seeing the film.

And then assuming I like the film, the next day I'll go buy a bunch of Star Wars VII stuff and rejoin the world.
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
Zarm R'keeg
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2014 9:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is a tough world for those who don't want to be spoiled, isn't it Whill? Especially because they pop up where you'd least expect them. Exile really is the only option. (I do the same thing annually with the new season of Doctor Who. I've only been successful with Ep. 7 so far by leaving Facebook... but more extreme measures may be necessary soon!)

griff
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2014 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Even I don't like to know too much of the new film, even with Episode I's trailer I knew that (SPOILER ALERT!) Qui-Gon was going to be killed. I think there is going to be a major kill-off in the new trilogy. I will report on the experience of the trailer while being vague about it.
DougRed4
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2014 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

griff wrote:
The first episode one trailer was released with Met Joe Black, which made the movie a lot more money because of it. People would watch the trailer and leave. Now with the 88 second trailer for episode seven will be playing this weekend in eight or nine cities. I'm planing on driving from Tacoma WA to north Seattle to watch it this weekend, I might stay for the movie.

I'd forgotten about that!

Like others have said, I'm not seeing a movie just to see a trailer (and I'm a big fan of trailers!)

I live up in North Seattle area (Lynnwood/Alderwood Manor area), so you'll be coming up to my neck of the woods! Smile

Whill wrote:
I actually let my Star Wars Insider subscription expire after I saw an image of General Grievous on the cover, to try to prevent spoiling the freshness of RotS in the theater, and then I had to later go back and buy all these back issues to get my collection complete again after I saw the movie. I probably won't cancel Insider this time, but I will stop reading it when it gets too close. I probably will go into a total media exile before the novelization is released (no TV, no internet), and take my iPod and headphones to the theater line to prevent overhearing anything before seeing the film.

And then assuming I like the film, the next day I'll go buy a bunch of Star Wars VII stuff and rejoin the world.

This reminds me of the level of detail the wife of a friend (who worked for Decipher) took before the Phantom Menace. She knew absolutely nothing before seeing the movie. I'm told her jaw was hanging open with absolute unbelief when she saw Maul ignite his double-bladed saber! Shocked
Whill

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2014 11:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zarm R'keeg wrote:
It is a tough world for those who don't want to be spoiled, isn't it Whill?

Yes it is. It will be so much harder for a new Star Wars movie than it was for the Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows novel. My wife and I went to bookstore to each get a midnight copy, then went home and straight to bed. Then we got up and each started reading our copies of the book together with no TV and no internet. We broke for meals but never left the house. And we just kept reading until we both finished it, unspoiled. Then we talked about it and rejoined the world. (Then I donated our extra copy of the book to our local library who had a waiting list several months long with multiple copies.)

DougRed4 wrote:
This reminds me of the level of detail the wife of a friend (who worked for Decipher) took before the Phantom Menace. She knew absolutely nothing before seeing the movie. I'm told her jaw was hanging open with absolute unbelief when she saw Maul ignite his double-bladed saber! Shocked

Yeah, I know "absolutely nothing" is not going to be possible for me (and I already know a little anyway). I'll see action figures, Insider covers, trailers, etc. But major plot spoilers are what I want to avoid. It really irks me that they even release the novelizations and the like of these movies before the film comes out. I understand for marketing that they want all that stuff in the stores when the film comes out so moviegoers can go straight from the theater to buy it. But is it too much to ask for them to at least wait until the following week to release that stuff? Even the day of still wouldn't do because the retail store has to have it in advance to put it out, and I'm sure there are plenty of Star Wars nerds that works at these stores who would have advance access to stuff. And in today's world, the closer you get to the film's release the greater the chance there is of more detailed and revealing spoilers being leaked. So as soon as they announce when novelizations, screenplay, comic adaptation, etc. are going to be released, I'll plan my self-imposed exile to begin about a day before the earliest release date. One of my best friend's step-brothers actually read TPM novelization the day it came out, a month before the film came out, so the world is just a powder keg of spoilers waiting to explode.
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
Volar the Healer
Jedi

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2014 1:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cheshire wrote:
I thought the prequels' music was improved from the originals.

I never heard the music. All I heard was the blasters and the lightsabers...lightsabers...oh, yeah.
Zarn
Force Spirit

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2014 9:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's nothing like the originals.

Lapti Nek rocks.

Though the Kinetic Star Wars game had a few gems as well.

Apart from that, there's some music videos made with machinima which are quite good too.

But, in the end, it all boils down to this, I guess.
DougRed4
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2014 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love that Gotye parody, Zarn! (even though I don't really agree with its sentiments) Laughing

As far as that trailer goes, my prediction is that in the world we live in now, it will be on the internet about .000000001 microseconds after it is released in the theater. The days of forcing people to go to a theater to see some kind of spoiler are long, long gone.
Whill

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2014 12:03 pm    Post subject: re: Trailer Reply with quote

griff wrote:
Now with the 88 second trailer for episode seven will be playing this weekend in eight or nine cities. I'm planing on driving from Tacoma WA to north Seattle to watch it this weekend, I might stay for the movie.

Just in case you wanted to save yourself some gas and time, and for everyone else that wants to see the trailer, it has officially been released online...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OMOVFvcNfvE

And it looks amazing Exclamation
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
Ninjaxenomorph
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2014 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

New stormies look awesome, maybe they are actually threatening?

The ships look awesome.

And... SABERHILT! ALL HAIL THE SABERHILT! +2 to Lightsaber Combat when defending, anyone?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> General Star Wars All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 2 of 5

Jump to: