The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Rhydonium Fuel Canister (Star Wars Rebels)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Ships, Vehicles, Equipment, and Tech -> Rhydonium Fuel Canister (Star Wars Rebels)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
shootingwomprats
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2015 12:07 am    Post subject: Rhydonium Fuel Canister (Star Wars Rebels) Reply with quote

Quote:

Rhydonium Fuel Canister
A volatile type of fuel, found for the most part on the remote planet Abafar. The Confederacy of Independent Systems extracted rhydonium on Abafar in a failed attempt to destroy the Republic space station Valor. Later, after the Clone Wars, rhydonium was present in Fort Anaxes, a base abandoned by the Republic, and was used by rebels Sabine Wren and Hera Syndulla to kill fyrnocks, which were threatening the two.

Model: CachSwif KLW-1 Fuel Canister
Type: Universal starship fuel canister
Scale: Character
Length: 1.2 meters high
Cargo Capacity: 210 kilograms (55 gallons)
Cover: 3/4
Cost: 1,000 (new); 700 (used)
Body Strength: 5D

Game Notes:
--Because of the volatility of Rhydonium, even special containers need proper upkeep or they will quickly weaken (Body Strength 3D). A weakened canister is easily breached using a blaster pistol causing the contents to detonate. Treat a result of wounded or better as detonating the fuel canister (Blast Radius: 0-3/6/12/25; Damage: 5D/4D/3D/2D).

1. Dropped the Body Strength from 5D to 3D.
2. Added detonation of the fuel canister mechanics.
3. Changed Body Strength back to 5D.
4. Restructured the Game Notes section. Added information on container degradation, Blast Radius and Damage information.
http://d6holocron.com/shootingwomprats
@swd6podcast, Twitter

Last edited by shootingwomprats on Mon Feb 02, 2015 4:48 pm; edited 3 times in total
Raven Redstar
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2015 5:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

5D body strength might be a little high. They were blowing up canisters with single shots from very small blaster pistols. Maybe make a rule that 1 point over the soak value causes an explosive reaction or something?
cheshire
Arbiter-General (Moderator)

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2015 10:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You make an interesting point Raven. It would make sense that they would put a lot into the construction of the tank... but volatile is volatile. The 5D would give it a fair chance of resisting a blaster bolt, but with one point over causing an explosion, that would give things a fair chance of "excitement."
shootingwomprats
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2015 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe sitting on an asteroid for 15 years the canisters were weakened? Yeah I get what your saying and I easily could lower them to allow them to blow up, say 2D or 3D?
@swd6podcast, Twitter
Raven Redstar
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2015 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the 5D soak for new canisters, but I definitely think that those ones from the show had probably degraded down to 3D.

4 points of damage is sufficient for adding in the drama of whether or not a shot detonates the fuel inside.

I think a 55 gal drum of fuel would have a slightly higher damage value, not by much, but maybe adjusted up to 6D, since the explosion is in character scale.
shootingwomprats
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2015 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Raven Redstar wrote:
I like the 5D soak for new canisters, but I definitely think that those ones from the show had probably degraded down to 3D.

Exactly what I was going with. The write-up was for "like new" condition. I figured that for them exploding in that episode of SWRe they had degraded over time and were easier to pierce and ignite. Though I did not include that in the game note, but probably should.

Quote:
4 points of damage is sufficient for adding in the drama of whether or not a shot detonates the fuel inside.

I don't follow. Are you talking about average rolls in comparison to each other: canister Strength vs. 4D blaster pistol?

[/quote]I think a 55 gal drum of fuel would have a slightly higher damage value, not by much, but maybe adjusted up to 6D, since the explosion is in character scale.[/quote]

I ad thought about this and decided on a number of things when I watched it on SWRe.

1. When the exploded they went pop and did not start fires.
2. We do not see its effect against the Fyrnocks so its hard to gauge how much damage and area effect.

I made the assumption that Rhydonium was volatile but not combustable or if it was, the accompanying explosion was great enough to automatically blow out any flames. Going by that train of thought when they blow up they are more about concussive force and not shrapnel and fire.
@swd6podcast, Twitter
Raven Redstar
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2015 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Exactly what I was going with. The write-up was for "like new" condition. I figured that for them exploding in that episode of SWRe they had degraded over time and were easier to pierce and ignite. Though I did not include that in the game note, but probably should.

It's a nice bit of flavor to add to them, that because of the nature of Rhydonium, the canisters will degrade over time, if not properly maintained.

Quote:
I don't follow. Are you talking about average rolls in comparison to each other: canister Strength vs. 4D blaster pistol?

A wounded result on the table is 4 points over the resistance, which means there's a chance that a blaster bolt won't detonate a canister. I was just commenting that the 4 points over soak roll makes for some added suspense/drama when dealing with these canisters.

Quote:
I ad thought about this and decided on a number of things when I watched it on SWRe.

1. When the exploded they went pop and did not start fires.
2. We do not see its effect against the Fyrnocks so its hard to gauge how much damage and area effect.

I made the assumption that Rhydonium was volatile but not combustable or if it was, the accompanying explosion was great enough to automatically blow out any flames. Going by that train of thought when they blow up they are more about concussive force and not shrapnel and fire.

I understand, I just figured that 55 gallons of volatile (explosive) material would do more damage than a common grenade. I don't find any fault with your thought process though, I don't seem to recall much fire after the explosions in the show, so Rhydonium probably has a pretty efficient combustion reaction associated with it.
cheshire
Arbiter-General (Moderator)

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2015 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

shootingwomprats wrote:
Maybe sitting on an asteroid for 15 years the canisters were weakened? Yeah I get what your saying and I easily could lower them to allow them to blow up, say 2D or 3D?

Fair point.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Ships, Vehicles, Equipment, and Tech All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: