The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Wait - WHAT??? Rebels Ship - The Ghost's size
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Ships, Vehicles, Equipment, and Tech -> Wait - WHAT??? Rebels Ship - The Ghost's size
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tetsuoh
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2015 11:34 pm    Post subject: Wait - WHAT??? Rebels Ship - The Ghost's size Reply with quote

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Ghost#cite_note-Seen_a_ghost.3F-0

look at its size - is that right? have we seen anything appropriate scale wise?

cuss if so I wanna know how big a 1300 REALLY is if they are stating that thing is 44 meters Evil or Very Mad
cynanbloodbane
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2015 12:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well with the Corellian Corvette listed at 150 meters that could be close, but still seems a bit long.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/CR90_corvette

They have the Gozanti listed at 64 and the R&E Starships book lists that at 41.8 meters. I think we are dealing with some in-house retconing.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Gozanti-class_cruiser
tetsuoh
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2015 2:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

no love for continuity *tear* - but problem I see is that on some of those it seems highly improbable changes and others that are not and they make you wonder.
DougRed4
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2015 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess I'm not understanding what the issue is.

It appears the Millennium Falcon is 80% the size of the Ghost. That seems about right, especially with the Ghost having a smaller shuttle-type ship (the Phantom).
tetsuoh
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2015 2:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DougRed4 wrote:
I guess I'm not understanding what the issue is.

It appears the Millennium Falcon is 80% the size of the Ghost. That seems about right, especially with the Ghost having a smaller shuttle-type ship (the Phantom).

really? compare the cockpit with in series shots of the cockpit - then tell me that ship when seeing the cockpit on the exterior isn't the same if not smaller than a 1300...

by what we see it should be roughly the same size as a 1300 without its mandables - yet its listed as way bigger than that.
DougRed4
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2015 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmmm...I'm still not seeing it. The cockpits look to be about the same size on both ships, which are both about the same size.

There's some more details on the Ghost here, but I'm not seeing what discrepancy you are. Fan blueprints show the cockpit as perhaps being a bit larger than the Falcon's, but they look to be roughly the same size (both just a fraction of the whole ship).
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Ships, Vehicles, Equipment, and Tech All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: