The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

TFA Trailer 2
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> General Star Wars -> TFA Trailer 2 Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Whill
Dark Lord of the Jedi (Owner/Admin)

Location: Columbus, Ohio, USA, Earth, The Solar System, The Milky Way Galaxy

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2015 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cheshire wrote:
From what I've read, Rogue One is supposed to be of the "war movie" genre. One of the conflicts hat they're facing is that it's very much a matter of human spirit among regular soldiers. There's no "Jedi superheroes" to help save the day. And that lack of ability is felt (or perhaps begrudged) in the film.

War movie set in the Star Wars galaxy, the best possible kind of war movie!

Thx1138 wrote:
A true war movie of Star Wars will be a welcome change from the badly written prequels.

IMO the prequels were (in some parts) badly acted and directed much more than badly written. But I suppose this isn't the thread for that discussion.

Thx1138 wrote:
One thing I hope disney does is more large fleet battles since there have only been two really in the movies.

That would be cool in general, but I wouldn't want that for Rogue One. If this is the immediate prequel to ANH like it seems it will be (detailing events referred to in ANH's opening crawl), then any space battle bigger than the Battle of Yavin could make ANH seem somewhat anti-climatic in comparison.
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
KageRyu
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2015 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whill wrote:

IMO the prequels were (in some parts) badly acted and directed much more than badly written. But I suppose this isn't the thread for that discussion.

I felt the first 2 prequels Were all of the above (bad writing, directing, and acting) but the third one was almost tolerable except a lot of sub-par acting, and one scene in particular I found very badly written (the killing of the younglings). I wont go into specifics though. I liked the Actor playing Obi-Wan in Revenge of the Sith and felt he made a good younger Obi-Wan, and I liked Grievous for the most part.

As to the Season 2 Rebels trailer, my one big issue is enough with the double sided Sith sabers already. Lightsabers are a really cool weapon as is, and if a dual sided one pops up from time to time, ok, but not every bad guy needs to have one...or one that spins, and flies, and has a cross guard, and can cook bacon...
Whill
Dark Lord of the Jedi (Owner/Admin)

Location: Columbus, Ohio, USA, Earth, The Solar System, The Milky Way Galaxy

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2015 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KageRyu wrote:
As to the Season 2 Rebels trailer, my one big issue is enough with the double sided Sith sabers already. Lightsabers are a really cool weapon as is, and if a dual sided one pops up from time to time, ok, but not every bad guy needs to have one...or one that spins, and flies, and has a cross guard, and can cook bacon...

Yeah I'm with you on the lightsabers. Maul having the double-blade was necessary for TPM to make sustaining a long-term battle with two Jedi believable. After that, I'm so done with all these gimmicky lightsabers.
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
Thx1138
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2015 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I always thought that a double bladed lightsaber is more of a specialized weapon, the team on rebels and clone wars tried to work then in as often as they could. I also feel though that lightsaber design goes through phases such as during the Jedi civil war you might expect to see more double bladed lightsabers, but mostly because there were large amounts of force users on each side so it would be possible that a Jedi or a sith would have to fight two opponents.
Zarm R'keeg
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2015 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KageRyu wrote:
or one that spins, and flies, and has a cross guard, and can cook bacon...

That could be particularly useful for invading Gamorr.

Hard core OT, all the way!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> General Star Wars All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: