The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Rare art/artifacts dealers
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Official Rules -> Rare art/artifacts dealers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mojomoe
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2015 6:41 pm    Post subject: Rare art/artifacts dealers Reply with quote

Howdy!

With my players having found an ancient Sith dreadnought, they're making plans to finance their illicit operations by selling parts of the ship and items on it (ancient weapons/vehicles, sith relics) to collectors for a hefty fee.

Anyone know if any of the official rules have dealt with this specific sector of legal or black market buying and selling?

I'm looking for good prices, dealers, networks or finance organizations, anything that will help me determine the process for contacting a buyer and selling, as well as ramifications for unloading such hot merchandise, and verification techniques. In addition, i need some metric for "flooding the market," as they will be unleashing a large amount of collectible merchandise into circulation in short order, which would turn a few heads.

If nothing in the official or unofficial rules, maybe something from the real world as a referent?
Pel
Line Captain
Line Captain

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2015 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Politics of Contraband book is probably a good place to start, along with a sample black marketeer (like a Mouseketeer but less scrupulous) on p. 10 of GG 11.
For the really cool expensive stuff, try Exovar's Emporium, found in Wretched Hives of Scum & Villainy.

For a bit of RL flavor, here's the scoop on Jonathan Tokeley-Parry, ripped from the files of Interpol.
Jonos
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2015 11:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This may be very useful for my Sith library tomb adventure. Politics of Contraband is one I do not have. I'll have to turn over some rocks and search it out.
Pel
Line Captain
Line Captain

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2015 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That was one of my last WEG additions. It's a collection of five short smuggling adventures, but I find it's real value is in the profiles of NPCs those smugglers interact with, including an Ithorian Gangster and a Hutt Crimelord with 10 Jawa henchmen.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Official Rules All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: