The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Ramming rules questions
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Official Rules -> Ramming rules questions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Merrick
Ensign
Ensign

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2015 8:12 am    Post subject: Ramming rules questions Reply with quote

According to 2RE p.110 when a pilot attempts to ram another vehicle they must make a piloting check, opposed rolls if the other pilot attempts to dodge then damage is assessed according to speed with -3D to the rammer if successful.

I have a couple questions that someone may be able to answer:

1. If the target is stationary, is damage determined by the speed of the attacker only? I am assuming yes.

2. Do the same rules apply to starship combat?

Perhaps I am over thinking this but it seems to me that having a fixed damage score for all vehicles regardless of their body or hull is a bit off, but I guess it could make sense if two heavily armored vehicles rammed each other they may both survive with little damage if they are built for it.

Does anyone use any alternate rules? I had considered rolling the hull code of the ramming vehicle for damage... perhaps a modifier for high hull code at least?

-General Veers
Lane Arroway
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2015 4:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Even though the damages are set based on speed, type of collision and if you are the rammer or not, the damage system, IMO, works pretty good. It has happened a lot in my games recently, whether it be crash or ram, and the results were pretty good, from a GM's perspective. Consider that this is a dice game. The amount of "D" may seem low or high, but the result will vary. Even more if you apply the "Wile Die" to this.

To answer both of your questions, yes.

And as far as how it works, play around with it. Test out some rolls before your next game, or try them "LIVE" in a game. (That's what I do) Keep what you like, change things that you don't. My advice, is don't be too quick to change it, though. Like I said, try it out and see how the dice treat you.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Official Rules All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: