The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

25 Questions: Episode VII TFA
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> General Star Wars -> 25 Questions: Episode VII TFA
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Barrataria
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2015 9:23 am    Post subject: 25 Questions: Episode VII TFA Reply with quote

On another board yesterday someone posted a link to this article, which seemed to me to be a nice summation of some of the NewEU details. I found it pretty helpful, because I haven't read any of the new books and gave up pretty quickly on the "Shattered Empire".

http://www.slashfilm.com/star-wars-the-force-awakens-questions/

Of course, this came up in context of a typical conversation like I remembered from 2000.... "oh, that's explained in this or that other thing outside the film". Laughing
Whill
Dark Lord of the Jedi (Owner/Admin)

Location: Columbus, Ohio, USA, Earth, The Solar System, The Milky Way Galaxy

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2015 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Barrataria wrote:
On another board yesterday someone posted a link to this article, which seemed to me to be a nice summation of some of the NewEU details. I found it pretty helpful, because I haven't read any of the new books and gave up pretty quickly on the "Shattered Empire".

http://www.slashfilm.com/star-wars-the-force-awakens-questions/

Of course, this came up in context of a typical conversation like I remembered from 2000.... "oh, that's explained in this or that other thing outside the film". Laughing

Thanks for posting this! It's great to have this all in one place. I have the TFA Visual Guide where a lot of the first page info came from, but I haven't had much of a chance to read it yet.
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
Barrataria
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2015 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whill wrote:
Thanks for posting this! It's great to have this all in one place. I have the TFA Visual Guide where a lot of the first page info came from, but I haven't had much of a chance to read it yet.

You're welcome... I've been eyeing that book, whaddaya think? Is it worthwhile from an information point of view (as opposed to collectionist/completist)?
Whill
Dark Lord of the Jedi (Owner/Admin)

Location: Columbus, Ohio, USA, Earth, The Solar System, The Milky Way Galaxy

PostPosted: Fri Dec 25, 2015 2:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Barrataria wrote:
Whill wrote:
I have the TFA Visual Guide where a lot of the first page info came from, but I haven't had much of a chance to read it yet.

You're welcome... I've been eyeing that book, whaddaya think? Is it worthwhile from an information point of view (as opposed to collectionist/completist)?

I think it's great. This is a new movie in a new timeline with a lot of new stuff so I like having all the pictures with tidbits of info. I guess it's about the same as the other VGs. I think it's worthwhile, but I'm not sure what your standard is for these things.
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
garhkal
Sovereign Protector
Sovereign Protector

PostPosted: Fri Dec 25, 2015 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Read through all of those.. Now have quite a few other screens to go through on that site..
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> General Star Wars All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: