The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

What will change in your SWU?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Gamemasters -> What will change in your SWU? Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cap'nCodskale
Ensign
Ensign

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2016 3:53 pm    Post subject: Re: What will change in your SWU? : SPOILERS POSSIBLE Reply with quote

Whill wrote:
My acceptance of TFA in my personal canon has absolutely no bearing on my consideration of which era to play in.

Same here, Whill. As a STAR WARS fan, I enjoyed SW:FA. As a gamer, I intend to continue playing during the Rebellion era.

Still, I sympathize with crmcneill's perception of a lack of new game-able content in the film. I can imagine one running an Awakening-era game using existing Rebellion-era material, almost as-is. If you're the type of gamer who enjoys a banquet of new material on which to chew, you might go hungry.

Speaking for myself, I was thrilled by SW:FA's treatment of the Force and the introduction of the Knights of Ren. The Force felt mysterious—even weird and scary—to me, as it had when I was a kid. For all the cool fights and amazing powers displayed in the prequels, they made the Force feel rather ordinary to me.

What does that mean for my games? I'll be more apt to introduce secret societies, weird relics, and the like into my game, knowing that my players (who mostly stick to the films) were recently reminded by SW:FA that these elements, too, are STAR WARS. Already a few of us are discussing a story involving a cursed totem passed among the heroes to dire effect ...
Teazia
Sub-Lieutenant
Sub-Lieutenant

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2016 11:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

crmcneill wrote:
Teazia wrote:
Starkiller Base is actually an environmental godsend, it saves the Universe from Super Novas, Giants, Dwarves and ***Gasp*** Black Holes!

Thank you Norman Lear Center :p

But what about the global warming?

You have to crack some eggs to make an omelet!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Gamemasters All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: