The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Alternate rolling system
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Official Rules -> Alternate rolling system
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kg8jk
Cadet
Cadet

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2016 10:45 pm    Post subject: Alternate rolling system Reply with quote

Hello,
I am new to d6 star wars. We are watching some kids for some friends in a few weekends and they are big fans of the movies so I thought it would be fun to run a Star Wars RPG. I was originally going to do a d20 game but after reading a few reviews from you loyal fans, I downloaded the REUP file and am planning on running a d6 game instead.

Now to the main question. I was watching a video on how to run combat with the dice and one of the commenters said they would assign a d2, d3, d4, etc for the difficultly level, roll and then have the player roll against that number. I also saw that in the official rules as an optional way of determining the difficulty level.

Any thoughts on which system you like better? I like the idea of simply choosing difficulty as d# but didn't know if it would make the game too easy at times.

Thanks
garhkal
Sovereign Protector
Sovereign Protector

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2016 11:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In one of the books (can't remember off the top of my head where" it has a d value for each of the difficulty level groupings. 2d for easy, 5d for difficult and so on... Is that what you are on about?
Whill
Dark Lord of the Jedi (Owner/Admin)

Location: Columbus, Ohio, USA, Earth, The Solar System, The Milky Way Galaxy

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2016 12:44 am    Post subject: Re: Alternate rolling system Reply with quote

kg8jk wrote:
Hello,
I am new to d6 star wars. We are watching some kids for some friends in a few weekends and they are big fans of the movies so I thought it would be fun to run a Star Wars RPG. I was originally going to do a d20 game but after reading a few reviews from you loyal fans, I downloaded the REUP file and am planning on running a d6 game instead.

Now to the main question. I was watching a video on how to run combat with the dice and one of the commenters said they would assign a d2, d3, d4, etc for the difficultly level, roll and then have the player roll against that number. I also saw that in the official rules as an optional way of determining the difficulty level.

Any thoughts on which system you like better? I like the idea of simply choosing difficulty as d# but didn't know if it would make the game too easy at times.

Welcome to Star Wars D6 and welcome to the Pit!

Yes, there is a random difficulty chart on REUP p. 76:

(very) Random Difficulties (Optional)
....Difficulty .Random Difficulty
....Very Easy ....1D
...........Easy ....2D
.....Moderate. 3D-4D
.......Difficult. 5D-6D
Very Difficult. 7D-8D
.........Heroic ...9D+

I strongly recommend not using it though. It's just way too random. You already have the randomness of the skill roll. The game gives good guidelines for assigning a specific difficulty number, so I would suggest doing that. Good luck with your game.
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Official Rules All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: