The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Autofire?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> House Rules -> Autofire? Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Brandon
Ensign
Ensign

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2003 9:55 am    Post subject: Autofire? Reply with quote

So there are a few examples of automatic blaster weapons in the movies, but has anyone come up with satisfactory house rules for automatic weapons in the D6 environment, taking into account multiple action penalties?
Ragnar
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2003 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

there are already a few weapons that have autofire and the books that they are in explain how it works.
Ragnar
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2003 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think for most of those weapons the rule is - you roll your blaster skill and the weapon fires however many bursts like between 3-5 and if you hit it does the damage of the weapon 3-5 separate times. Razz
Brandon
Ensign
Ensign

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2003 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Drat, those rules must be in the d6 books I don't have, I've never come across them before. Know of any specific examples?
Crell Damar
Line Captain
Line Captain

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2003 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Light Repeating Blaster
BlasTech's repeating blaster, based on a riot gun model originally marked in the Corporate Sector, is quite popular with Alliance heavy weapons Specs for its relative ease of handling and high volume of fire. This weapon is found both as an ISW and as a primary trooper weapon.

Model: BlasTech Light Repeating Blaster
Type: Repeating Blaster
Scale: Character
Skill: Blaster: repeating blaster
Ammo: 300
Cost: 1,500 credits
Availability: 2, R
Range: 3-30/100/300
Damage: 5D+1
Game Notes: On constant-fire mode the riot gun fires a burst of 6 blasts per shot. Once a hit is established, all following shots against nearby (1 meter) targets are one difficulty lower.

Prax "Blast and Smash" Energy Rifle
This intimidating weapon was originally developed for bounty hunter operations. A pair were captured by an Alliance privateer and sold to the Alliance, which has set up a limited duplicate production run in one of its arms factories. The original design has been somewhat modified, and is in high demand among SpaceOps and HWS units.
The rapid-fire blaster rifle has been stabilized with an internal damping system, making its burst-fire mode more effective. The repeating rifle is supplemented with a Locris Syndicates micro-grenade launcher, a half-meter-long tublar antipersonnel grenade-delivery system slung underneat the rifle barrel.

Model: Alliance-modified Prax Arms Model AXM-50
Type: Repeating blaster rifle/micro-grenade launcher
Scale: Character
Skill: Blaster: blaster rifle (for blaster rifle), Missle weapons: micro-grenade launcher (for micro-grenade launcher)
Cost: Not available for sale (original model: 4,500; 250(bipod), 1,000 (micro-grenade magazine), 100 (power pack), 500 (back pack power generator))
Availability: 3, F or R
Fire Rate: 7(blaster rifle), 1 (micro-grenade launcher)
Fire Control: 1D (See Game Notes)
Range: 3-25/50/75 (Blaster rifle), 5/25/100/200 (micro-grenade launcher)
Blast Radius: 0-2/4/6 (micro-grenade launcher)
Damage: 5D (blaster rifle), 4D/3D/2D (micro-grenade launcher)
Game Notes: The micro-grenade launcher has a computerized fire-control system; if the shooter makes a ModeratePerception roll (free action) add +1D to hit. If the shooter is firing at the same target repeatedly, the +1D add continues until the target is switched. A bi-pod may be attatched to the rifle, adding +1D to theBlasterroll. On constant-fire mode the riot gun fires a burst of 2 blasts per shot. Once a hit is established, all following shots against nearby (1 meter) targets are one difficulty lower.

I already posted these 2 weapons up in "Auron's Equipment Guide" first page, on top of that, when i get internet on my comp at home and a little extra freetime i post up useful little gadgets and such Smile anyway, enjoy

Obi-Wan Kenobi
Rathe Ehtar
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2003 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't forget the Blastech Riot gun.
(FYI, I'm not going to post it's stats. I'm lazy.)
In short though, it fires five blasts per burst, each doing 5D damage and can fire at max six bursts. one of my favs Razz
Ragnar
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2003 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ah yes, the gun that because of Rathe has been named by our group... the angry bantha. Laughing Laughing
Rathe Ehtar
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2003 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
BlasTech's repeating blaster, based on a riot gun model

Mine
Quote:
the Blastech Riot gun

Is the original riot gun.
Brandon
Ensign
Ensign

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2003 8:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Duh, I've got my corporate sector sourcebook open to the page with the riot gun on it, but I still don't "get it." Embarassed
Ragnar
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2003 10:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

when you fire you shoot x number of bursts with one blaster roll...
if you hit you roll damage x number of times for however many bursts.
SaintBryan
Cadet
Cadet

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2003 1:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My house rules for automatic weapons are this:

When firing an automatic weapon, you may choose to do one of 2 things: squeeze the trigger quickly for only a single shot, or hold the trigger longer, and let loose all the shots in the weapon's Fire Rate.

For example, say you have a repeating blaster with a Fire Rate of 4. The way I have it, that means that if you hold down the trigger, all 4 shots must be fired. you cant fire only 3 of them. 1 or all.

Doing this only counts as one action. How this works in game is I have the player roll their normal skill dice (no multi-action penalties) for the first shot, then -1D for the second shot, -2D for the third shot, and -3D for the fourth one. Example, The Dude has blaster skill 6D and he's firing a repeater w/ fire rate 4. He rolls 6D, 5D, 4D, 3D. He can use this to shoot at multiple targets, but it's still only one action.

I think my rules are pretty good and they do a good job simulating the increasing innacuracy of an automatic due to recoil.
Son of Fire
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2003 1:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well the house rule my group and I play with functions like this…

Each shot is rolled independently, and each burst counts as one attack action, so two bursts would count as two actions etc. This incurs a 1D penalty for auto fire, and then there is a cumulative 1D penalty for the bucking of the weapon during full auto, for every three shots; e.g. a weapon that can fire up to six shots per burst so a character wants to fire all six, doing so the character receives a 1D penalty for firing on full auto, another 1D for three shots and another 1D for the fourth, fifth, and sixth shots, for a total of -3D.

For spraying an area we use the riot guns rules, as it tends to reflect more of a spray effect as apposed to a full auto into a target effect.
"My schooling not only failed to teach me what it professed to be teaching, but prevented me from being educated to an extent which infuriates me when I think of all I might have learned at home by myself." - George Bernard Shaw
Volo Enrunk
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2003 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i saw a house rule for Repeaters where they get a 3rnd burst and can shoot at 3 diff targets if within 1m of the previous and the damage is reduced by 2D and it counts as one blaster roll and you can only autofire 2x in a round i belive. except for the e-web since it has an RoF of 1 already. and you have -1d cumlative to hit secondary targets. if shooting at the same target you don't loose a D unless he dodged your previous burst. then its -1d cuz you have to reaim kinda thing... did that make sence?
Urhart the Fallen Angel
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2003 6:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Our rules say that you fire once, and when you hit you see how far above the difficulty the shot was, and for every five you get an extra hit (max 6). There is also spraying which we have you roll half your normal roll, and hit each person who you hit within a 90° radius.
Love is still the answer take my hand
The vision fades a voice I hear
Listen to the madman!'
SaintBryan
Cadet
Cadet

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2003 7:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i like those rules for spraying, Urhart. Also, though it has nothing to do with autofire, your thing about seeing how much higher than the difficulty you got, reminds me of a house rule of mine:

when you shoot someone (or attack them in general), if you roll double the difficulty #, you get to choose where on their body it hits them and if you tripple the difficulty #, you add 1D to the damage roll. you can keep adding D to the damage for every multiple of the difficulty after that.

yeah.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> House Rules All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: