The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Need a spacecraft recommendation
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Ships, Vehicles, Equipment, and Tech -> Need a spacecraft recommendation Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CRMcNeill
Director of Engineering
Director of Engineering

Location: Redding System, California Sector, on the I-5 Hyperspace Route.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2016 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone know where the 150 metric tons of cargo goes?

The CRMcNeill Stat/Rule Index
ForbinProject
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2016 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Depends. If we're talking about Trump I've got several rude suggestions on where it can go. If it's Clinton, the locations are different but just as rude. Razz
Zarn
Force Spirit

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2016 6:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

And for the Moldy Crow - my suggestion is: a different ship. 'cause no way is there room for more than a couple of changes of clothes and some chow in that layout (and I agree - it's a very good interior layout drawing).
ForbinProject
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2016 8:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've seen four different interior layouts for the HWK-290 / Moldy Crow, from a heavy fighter with just 2 crew to a layout with 2 decks, 8 bunks, a bathroom with toilet, sink, and shower, a recreational lounge, 6 crew stations, 2 forward cargo bays, 1 aft cargo bay, and two 4 man escape pods.

http://edisoncreative.deviantart.com/art/HWK-290-Light-Freighter-Deck-Plan-545166048

Who knows which layout is accurate.
CRMcNeill
Director of Engineering
Director of Engineering

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2016 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ForbinProject wrote:
Who knows which layout is accurate.

Anyone who has seen the live action cut scenes from Dark Forces 2 could tell you that the two-deck transport is somebody's pipe dream. IIRC, Jan Ors can actually be seen sitting in the cockpit in one of the exterior views, and that size is consistent with the heavy fighter, with the cutaway I posted above being right on the edge of too big.

MrNexx
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2016 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CRMcNeill wrote:
Anyone know where the 150 metric tons of cargo goes?

They store it in Hyperspace.
Error
Captain
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2016 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You guys are right. It's way to small as depicted to hold the things the readouts suggest.

Anyway, back to this. What do you guys think? It doesn't have to be perfect, just something to sleep in from time to time and draw up plans. Cargo is a consideration, but 100 metric tons would be fine. Should have space for a small armory, various space suits/masks, maybe two droids...
CRMcNeill
Director of Engineering
Director of Engineering

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2016 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, if you are going strictly by the EU timeline, that ship would be about 1,000 years old by the time of the Battle of Yavin.

MrNexx
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2016 3:00 pm    Post subject: Re: Need a spacecraft recommendation Reply with quote

Error wrote:
Can someone point me to a ship somewhere between the Millennium Falcon and a CR90 corvette? A modified freighter would be okay, or even a converted warship in the 40-65 meter range.

The ship is the main operations base for a small band (8-12 members) of thieves and sometimes the occasional bounty hunter. It's not going to be in an adventure long, but it should be a vehicle that could ostensibly be crewed by 2-4 people in a crisis and which could also pass as a tramp freighter at first glance.

The group of thieves who own the ship are professional level. The ship might be of a stealth design (or one that could be modded to it) and would need to possess beds for up to 20 should the need arise.

My first thought? The Ebon Hawk. In KOTOR2, you wind up with 10 crew in the ship... 3 are droids, but still a substantial number. Two people can handle it, with a third for a gunner if you can. If you need beds for 20, they could be set up in the garage section.

You might also look at the ships for The Old Republic, and work out some stats from that.
CRMcNeill
Director of Engineering
Director of Engineering

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2016 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Ebon Hawk would be around 4,000 years old at the time of the Battle of Yavin.

MrNexx
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2016 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CRMcNeill wrote:
The Ebon Hawk would be around 4,000 years old at the time of the Battle of Yavin.

Sure, but it doesn't need to be the Ebon Hawk... it can be a CGS Dynamic-class freighter, fresh off the line in Telos, based on the classic design, but with upgraded systems for the modern age. If no one has played KOTOR, it can be an entirely new class of ships, or one that was popular 50 years ago before the YT-1300 came out and priced it out of the market.

Basically, you steal the layout of a good ship, slap some stats on it (or use the stats that are out there), and call it whatever you like.
The Brain
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2016 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since SW D6 has no hard rules for ship construction you also need not limit yourself to EU sources. For instance I have used this as a PC ship...https://biomassart.files.wordpress.com/2013/07/fsat.jpg/
ForbinProject
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2016 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CRMcNeill wrote:
Anyone who has seen the live action cut scenes from Dark Forces 2 could tell you that the two-deck transport is somebody's pipe dream. IIRC, Jan Ors can actually be seen sitting in the cockpit in one of the exterior views, and that size is consistent with the heavy fighter, with the cutaway I posted above being right on the edge of too big.

Dark Forces 2? Okay. Never saw any of that myself, but I'm glad there's something official out there to support one schematic over the others.
CRMcNeill
Director of Engineering
Director of Engineering

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2016 3:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ForbinProject wrote:
Dark Forces 2? Okay. Never saw any of that myself, but I'm glad there's something official out there to support one schematic over the others.

I played the crap out of that game. The ship itself served more as a plot device than anything else, but there was enough detail to pique my interest. For one thing, it was good enough to take on TIE fighters in the hands of a decent pilot. The more I think about it, a HWK-290 with accurate stats would be a good alternate ship for the Brash Pilot template.

I feel a stat write-up coming on...

Zarn
Force Spirit

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2016 6:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Or perhaps a Star Pulse http://d6holocron.com/wiki/index.php?title=Star_Pulse_Medium_Freighter
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Ships, Vehicles, Equipment, and Tech All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: