The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Google+: This post isn't about the Rancor Pit but...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Miscellanea -> Google+: This post isn't about the Rancor Pit but... Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sutehp
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2017 11:48 pm    Post subject: Google+: This post isn't about the Rancor Pit but... Reply with quote

...as some people here use Google+ and I've searched the internet high and low for a solution but couldn't find one, I decided to ask people here for help.

Basically, I have a Google account, but I can't seem to join Google+ for some reason I can't figure out. Whenever I go to Google+ and try to join it, I get an error message that says "Something's not right. Try again." When I do try again, the loading screen with the colored spinning loading circle comes up and never finishes loading. It happens when I try to join any Google+ Community [i]and when I try to join Google+.

Can anyone tell me what's going on? If it's my firewall (I use Norton), how do I adjust it to accept Google+? If it's not my firewall, what else could it be? Nothing I found on my internet searches turned up anything about people having problems joining Google+. Am I the only person to have encountered this problem?
MrNexx
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2017 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What browser do you use? My first thought is that it is a browser/plugin issue.

(I'm not a computer expert, but I work at a library, so troubleshoot a lot of stuff like this)
Sutehp
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2017 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mozilla Firefox. I thought it might be a browser issue, but I have no idea how to change the settings (or even where to find them).
WillTasker
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2017 10:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Question: Can you sign on to Google Plus using their IPhone/Android app?
Sutehp
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2017 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, I don't think it's a browser issue. I just installed Google Chrome yesterday and tried to join a Google+ community and I got the same error message: "There was a problem. Please try again."

Ugh, WTF is going on?
CRMcNeill
Director of Engineering
Director of Engineering

Location: Redding System, California Sector, on the I-5 Hyperspace Route.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2017 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you contacted the Google+ Help desk? Or perhaps use a public computer somewhere to sign up, and then see if it will let you log in from your own devices?

The CRMcNeill Stat/Rule Index
Sutehp
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2017 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CRMcNeill wrote:
Have you contacted the Google+ Help desk? Or perhaps use a public computer somewhere to sign up, and then see if it will let you log in from your own devices?

I went to the Google+ Help webpage but it didn't have any relevant information or ANY mention of my login problem. I couldn't find any sort of contact information for a person with a pulse to talk to about Google+. Where is this information, CRM?

As for finding a public computer, no, this I haven't tried yet.

EDIT: I'm omw to a local rec center where they have public computers. I'll let you know how this works out.
CRMcNeill
Director of Engineering
Director of Engineering

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2017 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sutehp wrote:
I went to the Google+ Help webpage but it didn't have any relevant information or ANY mention of my login problem. I couldn't find any sort of contact information for a person with a pulse to talk to about Google+. Where is this information, CRM?

Spoke to a family friend who is a customer service supervisor with Google (but not in the department you would need to have this sorted out), and she recommended the Google Customer Service # which, according to this link, is (650) 253-0000

Quote:
As for finding a public computer, no, this I haven't tried yet.

EDIT: I'm omw to a local rec center where they have public computers. I'll let you know how this works out.

Good luck. Once you get signed on, check out the Star Wars D6 Group. Dan and Don of shootingwomprats are the co-owners, and I help moderate.

Sutehp
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2017 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ugh, the rec center I went to was supposed to stay open until 9pm, but when I got there at 6pm, it was already closed. Gonna have to try again tomorrow during Saturday hours.

I wanna do that before I call Google's customer service.
Whill
Dark Lord of the Jedi (Owner/Admin)

Location: Columbus, Ohio, USA, Earth, The Solar System, The Milky Way Galaxy

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2017 12:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sutehp wrote:
Ok, I don't think it's a browser issue. I just installed Google Chrome yesterday and tried to join a Google+ community and I got the same error message: "There was a problem. Please try again."

That's weird. I don't find Google+ to be that user-friendly but I can access it with Google Chrome and it functions as it is supposed to (as far as I know).
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
Sutehp
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2017 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, I just tried to join Google+ from a public computer in my building and I used Google Chrome as my browser and it still didn't work. AFAICT, I can only conclude that it's a problem with my Google account because it's not a browser issue and it's not a computer issue.

Looks like I'm calling Google Customer Service.

EDIT: Frakkin' awesome, the business hours are M-F only. Just my luck. UGH.
Sutehp
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jeebus farkin' Christ on a crutch: just tried calling Google Custormer Service and there was at least AN HOUR's wait time on hold.

I'll deal with this tomorrow.
Whill
Dark Lord of the Jedi (Owner/Admin)

Location: Columbus, Ohio, USA, Earth, The Solar System, The Milky Way Galaxy

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sutehp wrote:
Jeebus farkin' Christ on a crutch: just tried calling Google Custormer Service and there was at least AN HOUR's wait time on hold.

I'll deal with this tomorrow.

Perhaps you're not the only one having this problem. When you get it resolved, please let us know and what the problem was and what it took to fix it. Thanks.
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
Sutehp
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 12:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Will do, Whill. I find it odd (to say the least!) that for all my internet searching, I haven't found ANY hint of anyone having a similar problem with Google+. Certainly there's nothing even remotely like this mentioned on the Google+ Troubleshooting page or any other webpage with Google+ advice.

I just asked Telsij (or, to be more accurate, he suggested to me) to extend me a direct invite to the Rogue One Google+ page. I'm hoping this will work, but it might not as I can't even join/sign in to Google+ proper even though I have a Google account.

We'll see what happens with Telsij's direct invite, but it might well be that only Google Customer Service can fix this.

I may have to deal with that 1 hour+ wait time after all.... Rolling Eyes Mad Rolling Eyes
CRMcNeill
Director of Engineering
Director of Engineering

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 12:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PM me with your Google account, and I'll see if i can extend you an invite from the SWD6 community, too

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Miscellanea All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: