The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

MAPs and Wounds Tracker
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Tools -> MAPs and Wounds Tracker
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dph
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2017 11:49 pm    Post subject: MAPs and Wounds Tracker Reply with quote

Has anyone found any interesting chart/trackers for your current MAPs and Wound Penalty?

I've been looking at designing one myself but it gets very complicated in the case of MAPs when you draw your weapon or set to stun, then take a reaction parry etc.

Similarly it gets complicated with damage when you have a wound, then you get a couple of stuns on different rounds.

We've always just 'worked it out' but i'm thinking of a sheet you can just move dice (or counters) around on to keep track of the number of rounds as well as the MAP. Or in the case of wounds, your current static Penalty of wounds and cumulative stuns and whilst keeping track of when stuns wear off.

http://www.obsidianportal.com/campaigns/roguetraders
MrNexx
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 9:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm something of a fan of the "counter" method. While I tend to use poker chips for CPs and FPs, I could also see you using them as convenient counters.

Every 1D of wound penalty is a red chip. Every 1D of MAP is a blue chip. Round ends, hand back your blue chips, and get them out for your declared actions.
RyanDarkstar
Commander
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 9:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Star Wars Miniatures Battles 2nd Ed book has simple square wound markers as well as templates for AoE (smoke, proton torpedo, grenade, flame, etc.).
garhkal
Sovereign Protector
Sovereign Protector

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MrNexx wrote:
I'm something of a fan of the "counter" method. While I tend to use poker chips for CPs and FPs, I could also see you using them as convenient counters.

Every 1D of wound penalty is a red chip. Every 1D of MAP is a blue chip. Round ends, hand back your blue chips, and get them out for your declared actions.

I can see that. Add in a white chip to represent a MAP for an 'action' that is a cost for MAPS but not a cost for actions in the init order. Like switching to stun, reloading a mag/powre pack, drawing the weapon etc..
Naaman
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I assume that "setting to stun" counts as an action by RAW? If so, I'd overrule that as GM... just one more little headache to track, and far, far, far from realistic unless setting to stun requires reconfiguring the weapon (as opposed to just flipping a switch).
Bren
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Naaman wrote:
I assume that "setting to stun" counts as an action by RAW? If so, I'd overrule that as GM... just one more little headache to track, and far, far, far from realistic unless setting to stun requires reconfiguring the weapon (as opposed to just flipping a switch).
Last time I checked it counts as a MAP but is not an action. So if you have Blasters 6D and you decide to switch to stun and shoot twice. You have MAP of -2D (switch setting + 2 shots) and your first shot happens during the first set of actions. Remember everyone's firsts action occurs before anyone's second action. (Unless you are using the optional Haste rules, but let's not go there.) This is all pretty much what G said.
garhkal
Sovereign Protector
Sovereign Protector

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yup. Setting to stun. Reloading. Drawing a weapon. ALL count as "Actions" for multiple action penalties. BUT DON'T count as an action for your initiative order..
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Tools All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: