The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Which Edition?
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> First Edition and IAG -> Which Edition? Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wajeb Deb Kaadeb
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2017 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alastor04 wrote:
What does Second Edition Revised and Expanded do better than First Edition? Most of the stats I see seem to be written for Second Edition, if I play First Edition is there any problem converting them down to 1st?

2E is about 90% compatible with 1E. One of the main things is that Speed Codes are not used in 2E. And 2E uses more skills.

2E uses Character Points, Advanced Skills, the Wild Die, and Specializations. Therefore, you end up throwing more dice, on average, when using 2E.

2E's combat damage is change a bit. For example, in 1E, the minimum damage is a Stun. In 2E, a character can shake off a stun and have no damage even though a hit was made.

You roll for initiative in 2E.

Movement is changed in 2E. It sometimes requires a roll.

Space Combat is changed in 2E. It's got more wargame elements. You can count hexes or squares, if you want.

Sensors have rules and rolls in 2E.

2E has changes along these lines.

It is very easy to play any 2E material using 1E rules (not as easy the other way around). You'll have to assign Speed Codes, but there is a conversion chart that makes that easy.

Think of 2E as a normal rpg, with a decent amount of rolls for things that are glossed over in 1E.

Think of 1E as a lite version of the rules.

If you prefer more crunch, then go with 2E.

If you prefer fast, quick, by the seat of your pants gaming, TOSS-N-GO, then 1E is your game.

Both games are fun. Both games use excellent rules, as the D6 system is extremely adaptable to different types of play.

It depends on what you prefer.

I suspect that most play 2E simply because it is the newest version of the rules.

I prefer the slam-bam-thank-you-ma'am swashbuckling action of 1E, so I've reverted (after playing a lot of 2E) to the first editon of the game. I find that fits my breath-taking Star Wars play style better.
Whill
Dark Lord of the Jedi (Owner/Admin)

Location: Columbus, Ohio, USA, Earth, The Solar System, The Milky Way Galaxy

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2017 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great rundown. Thanks, Wajeb.

Alastor04 wrote:
What does Second Edition Revised and Expanded do better than First Edition? Most of the stats I see seem to be written for Second Edition, if I play First Edition is there any problem converting them down to 1st?

The combat round. 2eR&E's combat round is much simpler than all the prior versions, including all versions of 1e.
Registration/Log-In Help
The Rancor Pit Library
Star Wars D6 Damage
Wajeb Deb Kaadeb
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2017 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alastor04 wrote:

Referring to my answer to you above, HERE is the conversion chart that you can use to figure Speed Codes when playing a first edition game using second edition materials.

Arrow WEG Star Wars D6 Editions?
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> First Edition and IAG All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: