The Rancor Pit Forum Index
Welcome to The Rancor Pit forums!

The Rancor Pit Forum Index
FAQ   ::   Search   ::   Memberlist   ::   Usergroups   ::   Register   ::   Profile   ::   Log in to check your private messages   ::   Log in

Civil Defense in the Empire.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Characters, Droids, and Species -> Civil Defense in the Empire.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mamatried
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2018 5:20 pm    Post subject: Civil Defense in the Empire. Reply with quote

I just came to think about what imperial "entity" is in charge of things like fire fighting, disaster relief ( from the ones they didn't cause)
or is there maybe on such thing.

There is a space rescue corps that in the fluff text was said to not change much after the empire, seemingly still being out there rescuing pilots etc.

Since these exist, I came to think fire fighters and other civil defenses did exist, but who are they, do they have an academy, are they purely local or is there a service?
Wajeb Deb Kaadeb
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2018 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

With so many alien and truly alien worlds in the Empire, I'm thinking that it depends on the world. Your question is very human-centric.
Mamatried
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2018 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wajeb Deb Kaadeb wrote:
With so many alien and truly alien worlds in the Empire, I'm thinking that it depends on the world. Your question is very human-centric.

I suppose it is, I was sort of thinking if there was some imperial equivalent of the coruscant rescue corps, or if that is really it, with any others being local from world to world.

Seems they were at least semi controlled by military/political command as they stood down during the burning and assault on the jedi temple
Wajeb Deb Kaadeb
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2018 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's a big galaxy. I bet there's everything in it that you can imagine.
garhkal
Sovereign Protector
Sovereign Protector

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2018 11:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've often wondered that myself. Does each planet run its own major disaster relief efforts, or is there a section of the republic/empire that coordinates..
Mamatried
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2018 7:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

garhkal wrote:
I've often wondered that myself. Does each planet run its own major disaster relief efforts, or is there a section of the republic/empire that coordinates..

I do believe there is somewhere in eu/legends that spoke of imperials from such branches, not being persecuted after the rebel win
Wajeb Deb Kaadeb
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2018 10:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

garhkal wrote:

The Republic tends to have a policy that each planet takes care of itself, with the central galactic government having weak powers. That's why there is no Republic Army (outside of the Jedi Order) before AofC.

The Empire, of course, took the opposite stance, with a strong central government. Strong central govt's provide more services, like defense and what not.
MrNexx
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2018 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Civil Defense might be an aspect of planetary government, even in the Imperial Age.

In Leia: Princess of Alderaan, the apprentice Legislature is given the task of determining the punishment for a planet that didn't surrender its fuel stores to an imperial TIE convoy left in their system. Holdo makes the argument that making such a "donation" would've completely depleted their fuel stores, leaving them unable to act in an emergency, which serves as a pretext for leniency (and rewriting the law so future systems wouldn't be able to get away with it). That might imply that things like space rescue were the responsibility of the system itself.
Wajeb Deb Kaadeb
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2018 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In Bloodline, by Claudia Gray, there is a scene where an auditorium is bombed. IIRC, the is a sort of emergency service on Hosnian Prime that responds.

But, I was thinking from a non-human point of view. Would a race like the Geonosians have a Civil Defense force?

garhkal
Sovereign Protector
Sovereign Protector

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2018 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wajeb Deb Kaadeb wrote:

But, I was thinking from a non-human point of view. Would a race like the Geonosians have a Civil Defense force?

From how we saw Genosis in ATOC< it seemed they were all part of the CDF.
Wajeb Deb Kaadeb
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2018 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

garhkal wrote:
From how we saw Genosis in ATOC< it seemed they were all part of the CDF.

LOL. That's a good point, my friend.
Argentsaber
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2018 8:57 pm    Post subject: Re: Civil Defense in the Empire. Reply with quote

Mamatried wrote:
There is a space rescue corps that in the fluff text was said to not change much after the empire, seemingly still being out there rescuing pilots etc.

Is this the equivalent of a government tow truck? I presume they mainly work along the major hyperlanes?
Mamatried
Commodore
Commodore

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2018 9:18 pm    Post subject: Re: Civil Defense in the Empire. Reply with quote

Argentsaber wrote:
Mamatried wrote:

Is this the equivalent of a government tow truck? I presume they mainly work along the major hyperlanes?

Merchant navy usually performs such duties with most forces
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Rancor Pit Forum Index -> Characters, Droids, and Species All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: